All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 19.04.24 79 Jeff Buckley — Hallelujah 37 Adele — Chasing Pavements 33 James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado — Broken Strings 32 Kings Of Leon — Use Somebody 32 Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys — Empire State Of Mind 31 Taylor Swift — Love Story 30 Rihanna — Russian Roulette 29 La Roux — In For The Kill 23 Sam Sparro — Black & Gold 18 Britney Spears — Piece Of Me +4 00 The Script — The Man Who Can’t Be Moved -6
  3. YoungWillz

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

Stan Lane, brother of the late Ronnie Lane of The Small Faces, reportedly dead: Early recordings of The Outcasts (the predecessor band) were discovered in Stan's barn a number of years ago.
  4. Ulitzer95

Deadpool Detective Work

Just the designer of the flag of North Macedonia left then? And realistically he could live for another 20 years.
  5. gcreptile

Political Frailty

Have to follow up on my post. Payne Jr. is not a state Rep, but a US Rep, so actually quite important as the Dems might have a chance to capture the speakership.
  6. time

So .. What Do You Watch On TV?

Does anybody still watch The Apprentice?
  7. Today
  8. YoungWillz

Rishi Sunak

Sunak giving a speech on welfare. (Quelle surprise, those dirty benefits recipients). He has, give him his due, outlined the complete failure of this Government to tackle underlying issues of people ending up on benefits. Let me give him a clue or two. Many people who are working are still on benefits. And using food banks. The rights of workers have been stripped away. Employers are struggling with the downturn in growth and Brexit consequences. People are unable to access GP appointments and healthcare quickly. The lack of investment in mental health support has caused issues. Your sanctions regime caused the death of hundreds. There hasn't been job security in this country since the mid-1980s. Childcare support is already out of reach or unavailable to many. He has the audacity to talk about benefit fraud being treated like tax fraud. Maybe if tax fraud was cracked down upon like benefit fraud already is, things would be different. The man is so out of touch with how people are actually struggling to get by day to day under this pathetic bunch of multi-millionaires.
  9. Slackhurst Broadcasting

King Charles III

It'd be useful if there was a gallery of famous people who died of cancer that let you compare how they looked at a given period before their deaths. You could apply it to people still living - "Celebrity A's looking rough." - "Celebrity B looked worse than that here, and he lasted another three years..."
  10. One shot Paddy

King Charles III

It will be a laugh if Jimmy calves this week
  11. lilham

Death Anniversary Thread

I had no idea she was his kid.
  12. Spade_Cooley

King Charles III

Not to break up the thread by discussing the king's health, but from this week's Popbitch:
  13. The Daredevil

10. Robert Wagner

Video from March 28; quickly and sharply answers questions
  14. 19.04.24 79 Jeff Buckley — Hallelujah 37 Adele — Chasing Pavements -6 33 James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado — Broken Strings 32 Kings Of Leon — Use Somebody 32 Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys — Empire State Of Mind 31 Taylor Swift — Love Story 30 Rihanna — Russian Roulette 29 La Roux — In For The Kill 23 Sam Sparro — Black & Gold 14 Britney Spears — Piece Of Me +4 06 The Script — The Man Who Can’t Be Moved
  15. Master Obit

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

I wouldn't either, but I'd be willing to give it a go. Preferably in to a cage of hungry lions.
  16. maryportfuncity

Liz Truss

The gift that keeps on giving, t'internet is having much fun at her expense:
  17. April 19th at 224am 79 Jeff Buckley — Hallelujah +4 43 Adele — Chasing Pavements 33 James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado — Broken Strings 32 Kings Of Leon — Use Somebody 32 Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys — Empire State Of Mind 31 Taylor Swift — Love Story 30 Rihanna — Russian Roulette 29 La Roux — In For The Kill 23 Sam Sparro — Black & Gold 10 Britney Spears — Piece Of Me -6 06 The Script — The Man Who Can’t Be Moved
  18. drol

Hospitalised!

Shib Narayan Das dead at 78.
  19. Oops. My mistake. Happy to go with your suggestion of the point to Britney.
  20. Paul Bearer

King Charles III

Now. (For a week at least).
  21. 19.04.2024 75 Jeff Buckley — Hallelujah 43 Adele — Chasing Pavements +4 33 James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado — Broken Strings 32 Kings Of Leon — Use Somebody 32 Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys — Empire State Of Mind -6 31 Taylor Swift — Love Story 30 Rihanna — Russian Roulette 29 La Roux — In For The Kill 23 Sam Sparro — Black & Gold 16 Britney Spears — Piece Of Me 06 The Script — The Man Who Can’t Be Moved
  22. 19/Apr/2024 75 Jeff Buckley — Hallelujah 39 Adele — Chasing Pavements 38 Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys — Empire State Of Mind 33 James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado — Broken Strings 32 Kings Of Leon — Use Somebody +4 31 Taylor Swift — Love Story 30 Rihanna — Russian Roulette -3 29 La Roux — In For The Kill -2 23 Sam Sparro — Black & Gold 16 Britney Spears — Piece Of Me 06 The Script — The Man Who Can’t Be Moved -1
  23. drol

Political Frailty

Norwegian aging political heavyweight Carl I. Hagen hospitalised with pneumonia.
  24. drol

Summer Olympic Deaths/Dead Medallists

1992 volleybal gold medallist André Ferreira (wiki) on life support after complications from chemotherapy, as he is suffering from lymphoma.
  25. DDI

King Charles III

Ok, since you want to poke the bear some more with your hindsight retaliatory facepalming... You literally said you hadn’t posted there in weeks. However you actually posted there once this past Monday, twice last Friday, once last Tuesday, four times last Sunday. And as far you moving the goalposts to “not having gone back and forth with someone” …. you quoted someone in every single one of those posts!
  26. 19/4/24 75 Jeff Buckley — Hallelujah 39 Adele — Chasing Pavements 38 Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys — Empire State Of Mind +4 33 James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado — Broken Strings 33 Rihanna — Russian Roulette 31 La Roux — In For The Kill 31 Taylor Swift — Love Story 28 Kings Of Leon — Use Somebody 23 Sam Sparro — Black & Gold 16 Britney Spears — Piece Of Me -6 07 The Script — The Man Who Can’t Be Moved 
  27. Drewsky1211

Death Anniversary Thread

Lord Byron died on this day 200 years ago, aged 36. - Byron's first name was George. He gained his "lord" title when he was 10 upon the death of his great-uncle William Byron- specifically, he was a baron. - One of Byron's earlier works, his poetry book Hours of Idleness, received scathing reviews from the Edinburgh Review; as such Byron would write the satirical piece English Bards and Scotch Reviewers anonymously in 1809, the same year he entered the House of Lords. - Byron's breakout book was 1812's Childe Harold's Pilgrimage, which Byron personally did not believe would sell well. From there, he became a star of Romantic era novels, which included The Giaour, The Bride of Abydos, and The Siege of Corinth. Equally successful was his Hebrew Melodies collection of poems from 1815, which were lyrics Byron wrote to accompany music composed by Jewish composer Isaac Nathan. - Byron would leave England in 1816 due to his split from his wife, and rumors that he had an incestuous affair with his half-sister. He first went to Switzerland (where he befriended Percy and Mary Shelley), then to Italy the following year. - In 1823, he decided to assist Greece in their war of independence against the Ottoman Empire, because he wanted a life of adventure. He would use his own money to supply his own legion of troops. Byron did not die in battle- rather, he fell sick, and his condition was exacerbated due to how much blood was drained from his body (due to bloodletting). - Byron's daughter and only legitimate child was Ada Lovelace.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use