All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Drewsky1211

Death Anniversary Thread

Lord Byron died on this day 200 years ago, aged 36. - Byron's first name was George. He gained his "lord" title when he was 10 upon the death of his great-uncle William Byron- specifically, he was a baron. - One of Byron's earlier works, his poetry book Hours of Idleness, received scathing reviews from the Edinburgh Review; as such Byron would write the satirical piece English Bards and Scotch Reviewers anonymously in 1809, the same year he entered the House of Lords. - Byron's breakout book was 1812's Childe Harold's Pilgrimage, which Byron personally did not believe would sell well. From there, he became a star of Romantic era novels, which included The Giaour, The Bride of Abydos, and The Siege of Corinth. Equally successful was his Hebrew Melodies collection of poems from 1815, which were lyrics Byron wrote to accompany music composed by Jewish composer Isaac Nathan. - Byron would leave England in 1816 due to his split from his wife, and rumors that he had an incestuous affair with his half-sister. He first went to Switzerland (where he befriended Percy and Mary Shelley), then to Italy the following year. - In 1823, he decided to assist Greece in their war of independence against the Ottoman Empire, because he wanted a life of adventure. He would use his own money to supply his own legion of troops. Byron did not die in battle- rather, he fell sick, and his condition was exacerbated due to how much blood was drained from his body (due to bloodletting). - Byron's daughter and only legitimate child was Ada Lovelace.
  3. CaptainChorizo

Windy City Deadpool 2024-25

Posting my team early so I can't be accused of nabbing picks 1-Jimmy Carter 2-Esther Rantzen 3-Sven Goran Eriksson 4-Frank Caprio 5-Richard "Black Bart" Harris 6-Jamal Yunos 7 -Paul Harrell(Utuber) 8-Richard Rohmer 9-Steve McMichael 10-Graham Cavenay 11-David Graham 12-Princess Mikasa 13-Rob Burrow 14-Sophie Kinsella 15-Silvia Pinal 16-Jeanne Bisgood 17-David Irving 18-Simon Cowell(Conservationist) 19-Roberta Flack 20-Genichiro Tenryu 21-Prunella Scales subs Emily Willis Frank Field Adrian Sutton Jumpin Jimmy Washington Ben Nighthorse Campbell
  4. CaptainChorizo

TBD Rosters Placeholder
  5. CaptainChorizo

Ah, April. As the weather gets warmer, the DDP hits get fewer. But - not to fret - as the Windy City Deadpool is here to save us all from a summer of deadpooling boredom! Basics: Pick a team of 21 people. The higher their rank, the more points they get when they die and obit. Submit it to me via PM or on this thread, by the end of April. Scoring System: 1st pick: 500 points 2nd pick: 450 points 3rd pick: 400 points 4th pick: 350 points 5th pick: 300 points 6th pick: 275 points 7th pick: 250 points 8th pick: 225 points 9th pick: 200 points 10th pick: 180 points 11th pick: 160 points 12th pick: 140 points 13th pick: 120 points 14th pick: 100 points 15th pick: 85 points 16th pick: 70 points 17th pick: 55 points 18th pick: 50 points 19th pick: 45 points 20th pick: 40 points 21st pick: 21 points As you can see the margin slowly decreases from 500 -450 etc until the 21st pick. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by whoever has the most unique hits,if still tied after unique hits then overall,if after those 2 tb methods still tied then latest game hit Bonus Points Scrapping the old bonus system,I am gonna borrow from the now defunct Doug Stanhope Deadpool and every month will have unique scoring bonus for qualifying notables Each Month's Theme gives the oppurtunity for a 50 Point Bonus May-Music Appreciation(Ie musicians,songswriter,music producers ,music journalist ie associated with music) June-Pride Month(Any LGBTQ notables) July-Patrouille de France aka known to english language countries as Bastille Day(So any notables from a French speaking country/territories) August- Birth Month of Alex Haley,Lovecraft and Dorothy Parker(Any writers ie essayists,authors,poets) September- Sporting September(Ie Athletes/coaches,commentators,owners ie notables associated with sport) October- Food and Animals(Since World Hunger and Kindnes to Animals day occurs this month anyone with a food or animal related name gives you bonus points this month ie Tiger Woods/Tony Hawk Kevin Bacon/Saffron Burrows) November-Neighborino's (Since the Windy City (ie Chicago) is in the Usa,bonus points to any notable deaths of Russian's,Mexican's,Canadian etc ie anyone from a country that border's some part of the Usa) December- Diecember( IE Murderer's,War Criminals,Paedo's,rapists etc) January-Auld Lang Syne(Going the opposite of previous month,basically any Noble Prize Winners or Notables who have won any other kind of Humanitarian or Service Award) February-Black History Month(Ie any black celebs/notables) March-Oscar Month(Since the Oscar's are typically in March this a film themed month.Anyone who has been nominated for an Oscar/Bafta film award,or Directed a film in competition at Cannes,Berlin,Sundance.Venice etc or any other major festival qualifies for this bonus) April-Wrestmania Month(Ie Wrestlers or anyone associated with wrestling) The only Non Month Related Bonuses Youngest Hit Bonus-100 Points Hit in last 7 days -77 points Acceptable Obits: Anything accepted by the Derby Dead Pool, plus The Independent. Plus the following national American news sources: - New York Times - LA Times - CBS News - Chicago Tribune -Wall Street Journal Plus the following International news sources: http://www.cbc.ca/ https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ http://www.heraldscotland.com/ https://www.univision.com/ https://www.lemonde.fr https://www.spiegel.de/https://www.spiegel.de/ https://elpais.com https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com So a few regional papers have been added from Germany,India and France * Cancer Mum's/Athlete's Wives(IE Tiffany Youngs) and other Famous For Being Ill Types will not be accepted even if they get a qualifying Obit *Some name's may appear like a gray area(ie Roz Patterson).Notable in her Native Country as a reporter and would easily get a QO with a plane crash or auto accident type death.However if none of her QO obits mention her journalistic career and is just an angle about her being a Cancer Mum then no points will be awarded. *Relatives of the famous (Since there was a bit of confusion last year even if the relative of a famous person has some type of professional credit,unless their obit specifically mention them in a professional role that reasonably a person obits from it will be a non QO obit . For example if Tom Cruise Nephew/Brother/Dad etc. Bob Cruise was a Gaffer,Best Boy,Photgrapher/Hairdresser/Caterer or had a Vanity Producers Credit on a Mission Impossible Behind The Scenes Doc on IMDb that still not a high enough bar even if they get a DailyMail copypasta .Those specific behind the scenes industry occupations never are noted unless they are related to someone famous. However if a Bob Cruise has professional acting/writing etc credits where they may land an Obit even if they were related to nobody famous then they are acceptable. Any questions just ask Duration: The competition lasts from May 1, 2024 to April 30, 2025 Get your team in before Big Ben welcomes the month of May. Teams can be sent either through pm or posted in this thread 
  6. gcreptile

Death By Numbers 2024

Thanks Toast, I like it.
  7. Comped

Michael Schumacher

Why would they do that at this point? Seems a little weird
  8. Today
  9. polar duck

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

What a thoughtful present!
  10. Tango854

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

11. Zsa Zsa's leg

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

Reports that Israel has launched missiles in response to Iran's response to Israel's attack on the Iranian embassy/base in Syria. It's also Khamenei's 85th birthday.
  12. CaptainChorizo

Kill or Save: UK No.2 Hits of the 00s

april 18 2024 75 Jeff Buckley — Hallelujah 39 Adele — Chasing Pavements 34 Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys — Empire State Of Mind 33 James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado — Broken Strings+3 33 Rihanna — Russian Roulette 31 La Roux — In For The Kill 31 Taylor Swift — Love Story 28 Kings Of Leon — Use Somebody -6 23 Sam Sparro — Black & Gold+1 22 Britney Spears — Piece Of Me 07 The Script — The Man Who Can’t Be Moved
  13. mymango

King Charles III

He would do well to clarify that he meant to say Charles has fucked, therefore, the King is going to fuck cancer.
  14. En Passant

King Charles III

Oh for months.
  15. mymango

King Charles III

It's been weeks since I've had a back and forth with someone on that thread, is what I meant.
  16. DDI

King Charles III

Mango, why haven’t you responded to the allegations that you posted in the Carter thread on Monday, when you previously claimed it had been weeks?
  17. mymango

King Charles III

TQR said it about me first, so I think both questions are better directed to them.
  18. En Passant

King Charles III

I do it to my clothes if I consider somebody might lookey and give a tossey.
  19. En Passant

Michael Schumacher

I could be persuaded to whisper the time to him on a regular basis for a remarkable amount less than that.
  20. En Passant

The Beatles Death Curse

Ono.
  21. En Passant

Conspiracy Theories

Please go back to that, you were far more fun.
  22. arrowsmith

King Charles III

Wait, what? You of all people are saying this to another member? Are you familiar with irony?
  23. wildstorm

Ice Hockey Players

longtime NHL referee Wally Harris dies at 88 my father says he ”used to refer to him as inspector clouseau” photo from article:
  24. The Daredevil

Michael Schumacher

Schumacher family to sell Michael's watches at auction in May for up to $4 million
  25. Jeremy Corbyn

King Charles III

What do you mean? That I'm not Jeremy or that I'm going to live another 20 years?
  26. mymango

King Charles III

No more than Ulitzer has a fetish for the King dying.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use