All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Clorox Bleachman

Political Frailty

I would also suggest that a worrying percentage of people panic and start counting on their fingers when you ask them their age. It could be that someone did the maths of 2024-1930. Nevertheless, we have 2 precise dates.
  3. chilean way

Centenarians Deadpool 2024

Kikue Taira is an unique hit for @Trome CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  4. YoungWillz

Political Frailty

Oh you have some countries where it ends up being the next birthday anniversary. Fairly common, we are the strange ones imo. He was in his 94th year so that's not my problem with it really.
  5. 4/20/2024 80 Jeff Buckley — Hallelujah -3 35 Adele — Chasing Pavements 35 Taylor Swift — Love Story +1 34 Kings Of Leon — Use Somebody +3 30 James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado — Broken Strings 29 Rihanna — Russian Roulette 27 La Roux — In For The Kill 26 Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys — Empire State Of Mind 10 Sam Sparro — Black & Gold -3
  6. TQR

Political Frailty

Very odd given that Nov 1930 - Apr 2024 makes him 93.
  7. YoungWillz

World's Oldest

Kikue Taira reportedly dead: https://longeviquest.com/2024/04/kikue-taira-younger-sister-of-the-worlds-oldest-ever-pair-of-siblings-dies-at-113/ Centenarians DP pick @chilean way
  8. msc

British Character Actors

Christopher Reich also has a small but memorable role in the original Survivors, as the Doctor who realises there's a pandemic before dying of it and telling his friend (and show main character) Jenny to get to the countryside. He's also in one of the Armchair Thrillers, though not the one with the ghost nun everyone remembers. Sheena Penson is in a good Taggart but in a blink and you'll miss it extra role. She was recurring in Still Game but not memorably so. Patricia Heneghan had a recurring role in Crown Court in episodes not yet repeated by Talking Pictures. She was in a lot of the early 70s TV classics, and played a minor role in classic film Whistle down the Wind. Murray Hayne a recognisable face. Another memorable role in Survivors, Hodges from When the Boat Comes in (seemingly never off Drama), Martin in the (godawful) Brothers, and yes, as a hypnotised killer in a Tara King episode of The Avengers. One of those "that face" old school actors.
  9. YoungWillz

Political Frailty

Motsoko Pheko being reported dead, but aged 94? Hmm, odd, I'd have expected a proper news report by now so needing confirmation.
  10. Lafaucheuse

French Deathlist 2024

He tweeted an hour ago so I guess hoax ?
  11. Sinbabad

French Deathlist 2024

The same guy who announced his death on wiki actually erased it 15 minutes later.
  12. 15 players is great but I'd love to see more. Yes, this is an appeal to the many people who read but don't play It's clear, though, that the 70s-90s games are the most popular (aside from Christmas; that was popping). Question is, is that for familiarity/demographic reasons or is it simply that music was just more appealing during those times?
  13. Today
  14. YoungWillz

French Deathlist 2024

Seems to have posted on the XMusk within the last hour.
  15. Fantomasss

French Deathlist 2024

Finally not sure but dead on wiki
  16. Fantomasss

French Deathlist 2024

Edgar Morin has died New hit !
  17. The weekend before the election, The Observer did a bunch of constituency polls, one of which showed Enfield Southgate as being only 3 points between Portillo and Twigg. This led to a vast influx of Labour volunteers to the seat on the final week. Anyhow, Portillo says he genuinely expected Paxman to bring this threat to his own seat up in their early discussion but Jeremy refused to. Even so, he thought it would be "worrisomely close" but not an actual defeat until he got to the count. In 2011, Ken Clarke did one of his Ken Clarke interviews (you know, drink in hand, no tact), and said he felt Hague had made the error of going to be elected leader a parliament too early, that he should have let Ken Clarke fail in the role in 97-01 and then take over when the shine fell off Blair. Now, Clarke would say that, and I think Hague had a bit of the Kinnock about him whenever he got elected as Tory leader, but in that same interview, Clarke suggested Ed Miliband had made the exact same error, and would have been better going for the Labour job in 2015-16 when the public would be more amenable to listening. Which also turned out true, though Labour's choice of Jeremy Corbyn somewhat negated any advances! Also, while I don't think WIlliam Hague was PM material, he looked like bloody MacMillan or Disraeli next to Iain Duncan bloody Smith!
  18. The Great Cornholio

The Happy Birthday Thread

Super chill, empathetic guy who really liked Jews posthumously turns 135 today
  19. En Passant

Michael Dukakis

What really gets me about these particular photo ops is none of these privileged bastards would be anywhere near a tank, if you know, other armies were shooting at them.
  20. Toast

Donald J Trump

Maxwell Azzarello, 37 A candidate for the Scrabble thread, methinks.
  21. Summer in Transylvania

Derby Dead Pool 2024

Archive.org has a copy.
  22. maryportfuncity

Donald J Trump

Aye, maybe a bit subtle with the irony there by way of updating the thread to record the poor sod's death. Already seen some online banter about going straight to interring the ashes since the man himself thoughtfully arranged the cremation without stiffing his family with the costs!
  23. Ulitzer95

Donald J Trump

Why would he? The guy was clearly not a fan of Trump (or the other guy for that matter).
  24. time

Derby Dead Pool 2024

That's probably my fault - is there a back-up somewhere?
  25. Master Obit

British Character Actors

@Ulitzer95 Alfred Hoffman died 18/05/2023 @Gisooo Vivienne Martin, or Vivienne Ann Martin, died 22/01/2023. Bizarrely, she is listed as born on 28/12/1930, not 28/12/1936. Possible she understated her age deliberately. They've done some maintenance so I can now access things registered in October, so if either of you has any names you want checking then tell me who they are and I'll get to it after tennis later. I've had a nice sports massage from a young muscular footballer today, so I'm feeling extremely relaxed and unburdened.
  26. 20th April 83 Jeff Buckley — Hallelujah 35 Adele — Chasing Pavements 34 Taylor Swift — Love Story 31 Kings Of Leon — Use Somebody 30 James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado — Broken Strings -3 29 Rihanna — Russian Roulette 27 La Roux — In For The Kill -3 26 Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys — Empire State Of Mind +4 13 Sam Sparro — Black & Gold
  27. Summer in Transylvania

Derby Dead Pool 2024

It seems that the 2004 picks list for the letter V redirects to the 2024 page of the same purpose.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use