All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. CaptainChorizo

Hospitalization Pool

1.Pope Francis 2.Frankie Valli 3. Swami Smaranananda 4.Alberto Fujimori 5. Shannen Doherty 6. Susana Baca 7. Alexander Mitta 8.Stenio Garcia 9. Violetta Chamorro 10.Harold V of Norway subs Ma Shitu Jean-Marie Le Pen Paul Hogan
  3. ThereWillBeDeaths7

Political Frailty

Recent article about former U.S. senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT): He's said to be in good health, having recovered from health issues he had in his final years in the senate, like skin cancer and breaking his hip. Leahy uses a cane when on long walks but: still goes on these "long walks" most days. His wife Marcelle Leahy is also said to be doing alright, having finished chemo for a curable form of leukemia.
  4. Bibliogryphon

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

The thing that is keeping the Conservative Party together is the infrastructure All the local Conservative associations around the country are an important activist base and revenue stream Both sides (and here I am assuming a crude division between One Nation and Far Right Loons Free Marketeers) will want to hold on to the local associations. It will be a bloodbath because within each local association there will be a huge split and remember Liz Truss got the leadership with the rank and file membership voting her in. Sunak was the preferred choice of the Parliamentary party)
  5. Neol Edmunds

H-h-h-h-hancock's Half Hour

Oscar Quitak died at the end of 2023 - I found out while researching my Howards' Way thread.
  6. John Key

Shadow DeathList Competition 2024

Moved countries and been away, thanks Dimreaper. Will probably continue to be away while I sort out a stable internet connection and how "adult" sites such as the DDP are blocked in the UK.
  7. Today
  8. Azrael

20/20 + 4

Congratulations @Summer in Transylvania 1924 - Walter Bingham / Lili Lentz 1925 - Tony Christopher / Micheline Lannoy 1926 - Roger Corman / Rowena Jackson 1927 - William Daniels / Rosemary Harris 1928 - James Ivory / Nancy Olson 1929 - Mark Rydell / Thelma Barlow 1930 - Gene Hackman / Katherine Jackson 1931 - Robert Duvall / Claire Bloom 1932 - John Williams / Anouk Aimee 1933 - Quincy Jones / Sian Phillips
  9. Neol Edmunds

Howards Way

While checking the imdb actors list for Howards' Way I saw that Pamela Salem, who appeared as Mrs Travis in Howards' Way, and was also Moneypenny in Never Say Never Again, died in February 2024 aged 80. Guardian Obit: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2024/mar/07/pamela-salem-obituary
  10. I did say we would be done by Good Friday
  11. drol

Gangster, Gangster

Infamous Italian mobster Francesco Schiavone, nicknamed Sandokan, has been suffering from cancer for six years and has now been transferred to the same hospital where Messina Denaro died.
  12. Book

Derby Dead Pool 2024

Oh wow, he is a unique pick for my theme team which now takes the lead in the Theme Team League, nice! (even if it will probably only be a short-term stay at the top...)
  13. drol

Suicidal Celebs

Ganeshamurthi dead.
  14. Thu 28 Mar 67 Gorillaz — Feel Good Inc. 44 Razorlight — Somewhere Else 31 Kelis — Trick Me 28 Manic Street Preachers — The Love Of Richard Nixon +4 06 Coldplay — Speed Of Sound 00 Kylie Minogue — I Believe In You -6 Game over!
  15. Drewsky1211

Death Anniversary Thread

Ivan the Terrible died on this day 440 years ago, aged 53. - Ivan was the son of Vasili III of Russia, and became the grand prince when he was 3 years old, following the death of his father. His mother would act as regent until she died five years later, and from there high-ranking nobles became the regents. - Ivan would officially be crowned when he was 16, and took the "tsar" title- the first Russian monarch to do so. "Tsar" is derived from "caesar", and Ivan claimed that his distant ancestor Rurik was a direct descendant of a fabricated brother of Emperor Augustus (named Prus). - Ivan's early reign is marked by the Great Fire of 1547, a series of government reforms, and the construction of St. Basil's Cathedral in 1561. - Ivan issued a letter of abdication in 1564 due to his suspicion of the nobility. When the nobles were unable to form a government, they begged him to return, and he accepted on the basis that he was given absolute power. This led to the creation of the Oprichniki- his bodyguards comprised of nobles loyal to him, also known as his "secret police" due to the powers and duties bestowed upon them. - Ivan's "terrible" moniker is due to violent outbursts that he often had- and it is also believed he had undiagnosed psychopathy: as a child, he would butcher living birds he caught, and throw cats and dogs out of windows. This is also applicable due to the Novgorod Massacre of 1570 (that killed about 3,000 people), and the fact he killed his son Ivan following a verbal dispute. - Ivan famously died from a stroke while in the middle of a chess match: He was succeeded by his son Feodor I, who was the last ruler of Russia of the Rurikid dynasty.
  16. Joey Russ

Inverse Dead Pool 2024

Don’t think those vote of confidences for Toby Keith and Dave Meyers helped them out too well huh…
  17. John "요한" Sulu

Death Anniversary Thread

On this day 22 years ago, American actor and comedian Milton Berle passed away at the age of 93.
  18. lilham

Political Frailty

Elizabeth Edwards announced she had breast cancer a day after the 2004 election loss. She was very instrumental in his policy on universal healthcare in his 2008 election run, and actually any of his liberal policies. I remember having a real preference for her. John sabotaged his whole political career when he had a child with another woman and committed campaign finance fraud to cover it up. Elizabeth died in 2010. The whole thing was very salacious in a way that I guess we don't really like to talk about it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Edwards_extramarital_affair It did show that National Enquirer could be an actual legitimate source for political gossip. Whole aside, but the woman that John had the affair with is the subject of many Jay McInerney and Bret Easton Ellis stories throughout the 80s-00s. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Story_of_My_Life_(novel) McInerney's novel also had references to the real life murders of the Brach candy heiress and show-jumping horses that the FBI didn't reveal to the public until several years later: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show_jumping_horse_killings I was always kind of fascinated that one of the worst crimes in sports and a political downfall were hidden in these fiction books.
  19. Comped

Political Frailty

How is this when I learned John Edwards' wife is dead?
  20. lilham

Pumping Them Out In The Birthing Pool 2024

I put Yung Miami on my list because of her ties with Diddy: either as an attempt to avoid jail or whatever other dumb reasons she had. She is notably named in a lot of the lawsuits and press this week. No pregnancy news yet though.
  21. Thu 28 Mar 67 Gorillaz — Feel Good Inc. 44 Razorlight — Somewhere Else 31 Kelis — Trick Me 24 Manic Street Preachers — The Love Of Richard Nixon +4 06 Kylie Minogue — I Believe In You -6 06 Coldplay — Speed Of Sound
  22. CaptainChorizo

Kill or Save: UK No.2 Hits of the 00s

march 27 2024 67 Gorillaz — Feel Good Inc. 44 Razorlight — Somewhere Else 31 Kelis — Trick Me+4 20 Manic Street Preachers — The Love Of Richard Nixon 12 Kylie Minogue — I Believe In You 06 Coldplay — Speed Of Sound -6
  23. 28/Mar/2024 67 Gorillaz — Feel Good Inc. 44 Razorlight — Somewhere Else 27 Kelis — Trick Me 20 Manic Street Preachers — The Love Of Richard Nixon 12 Coldplay — Speed Of Sound +4 12 Kylie Minogue — I Believe In You -6
  24. 28/03/24 67 Gorillaz — Feel Good Inc. 44 Razorlight — Somewhere Else 27 Kelis — Trick Me 20 Manic Street Preachers — The Love Of Richard Nixon +4 18 Kylie Minogue — I Believe In You 08 Coldplay — Speed Of Sound -6
  25. arrowsmith

Political Frailty

Not if you include their spouses. Then it’s 2012
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use