All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. diego

Summer Olympic Deaths/Dead Medallists

Rudolf Mitteregger was born in Gaal, Reichsgau Steiermark, Germany, and was a cyclist who competed for Austria. He competed in the 1972 Summer Olympics and the 1976 Summer Olympics https://www.salzburg24.at/sport/sportwelt/rad-legende-rudolf-mitteregger-stirbt-mit-80-jahren-157354828
  3. 4/25/2024 28 Sophie Ellis-Bextor — Murder On The Dancefloor 26 Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse — Valerie 25 Kylie Minogue — Love At First Sight 24 Kylie Minogue — On A Night Like This 24 Manic Street Preachers — The Love Of Richard Nixon 23 Gorillaz — Feel Good Inc. +3 23 Wheatus — Teenage Dirtbag 22 Coldplay — In My Place 22 Busted — Year 3000 +1 20 Coldplay — Speed Of Sound 20 Plain White T’s — Hey There Delilah 20 Kelis — Trick Me 20 Oasis — Stop Crying Your Heart Out 20 Pink — Get The Party Started 20 Razorlight — Somewhere Else 20 Adele — Chasing Pavements 20 Manic Street Preachers — Your Love Alone Is Not Enough 18 Daft Punk — One More Time 14 Taylor Swift — Love Story 14 James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado — Broken Strings 14 Corinne Bailey Rae — Put Your Records On 13 Justin Timberlake — Cry Me A River 10 Dido — White Flag 8 Jeff Buckley — Hallelujah (a song from 1994) -6 6 Kate Nash — Foundations
  4. TQR

Dead Pop Stars

Great, but my personal favourite is Nights in White Satin, which was a Hayward composition.
  5. polar duck

The 100 Club

Art Schallock is 100
  6. YoungWillz

The Dead of 2024

Keith Wainwright, hairdresser who worked on Jarman films and did Toyah's hair for years, reportedly dead:
  7. 25/Apr/2024 28 Sophie Ellis-Bextor — Murder On The Dancefloor -2 26 Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse — Valerie 25 Kylie Minogue — Love At First Sight 24 Kylie Minogue — On A Night Like This 24 Manic Street Preachers — The Love Of Richard Nixon 23 Wheatus — Teenage Dirtbag 22 Coldplay — In My Place 21 Busted — Year 3000 20 Coldplay — Speed Of Sound 20 Plain White T’s — Hey There Delilah 20 Kelis — Trick Me 20 Oasis — Stop Crying Your Heart Out 20 Pink — Get The Party Started 20 Razorlight — Somewhere Else 20 Adele — Chasing Pavements 20 Manic Street Preachers — Your Love Alone Is Not Enough 20 Gorillaz — Feel Good Inc. 18 Daft Punk — One More Time 14 Jeff Buckley — Hallelujah 14 Taylor Swift — Love Story 14 James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado — Broken Strings 14 Corinne Bailey Rae — Put Your Records On 13 Justin Timberlake — Cry Me A River 10 Dido — White Flag +4 6 Kate Nash — Foundations -4
  8. Ulitzer95

Harvey 'Wank Stain' Weinstein

2020 rape conviction overturned. Appeals court ruled that prejudiced judge made decision based on Weinstein's historic behaviour rather than the actual charge itself, which means a retrial will now take place. Weinstein, 72, will remain behind bars as a result of a separate conviction of rape.
  9. Today
  10. Bibliogryphon

Room 101

I have remained on Twitter and have mostly not found it too toxic. It is nowhere near as good as it used to be but it has certain functionality that I like.
  11. I really am. Depending on the era I might have to do some additional research but I will be all over that eighties trash (and gems)
  12. I'm really sorry... but a "No" at this very moment. For me the game has just worn out a bit. Maybe a KoS about a singer or a band would be something new and a little more interesting.
  13. time

Art For Death's Sake

Surpassed in the city's affections by Ozzy
  14. Ulitzer95

Dead Pop Stars

Completely forgot they appeared on The Simpsons in 1999. Not 100% of who the four are below but I'm going to guess Hayward, Lodge, Edge and Thomas.
  15. prussianblue

Shirley MacLaine

I listened to a podcast once (Trashy Divorces maybe?) that had an episode about her. She's absolutely bonkers. Properly weird beliefs about past lives, Atlantis, UFOs, etc. etc.
  16. Slackhurst Broadcasting

Dead Pop Stars

The Moody Blues were really two bands - the mid-60s pop band (who made their best-ever record, "Go Now"), and then the symphonic/progressive rockers of "Days Of Future Passed" onwards. The first of those bands is gone now (!) but Justin Hayward and John Lodge could still do a tour as Blue Jays. Interesting to see that Patrick Moraz was sacked and then retrospectively cancelled as ever having been an official member, after being with them for about ten years. He could well end up being their last survivor.
  17. En Passant

Room 101

I don't like facebook (or Zuck). But I know no other way to connect with folks I've lost touch with over the years. A couple of people I'm glad to know would probably have been lost forever without it. I use a chrome extension to cut some of the crap, it's partially effective. Also, for some reason our local pool league insists on results being posted/amalgamated on there, so I'd have to have it just for that.
  18. prussianblue

Captain Tom Moore

I don't like it. Strangely institutional look to the exterior, rambling extensions, mismatched windows. Interior is somewhat bland.
  19. 25/Apr/2024 30 Sophie Ellis-Bextor — Murder On The Dancefloor 26 Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse — Valerie +2 25 Kylie Minogue — Love At First Sight 24 Kylie Minogue — On A Night Like This 24 Manic Street Preachers — The Love Of Richard Nixon 23 Wheatus — Teenage Dirtbag 22 Coldplay — In My Place +2 21 Busted — Year 3000 20 Coldplay — Speed Of Sound 20 Plain White T’s — Hey There Delilah 20 Kelis — Trick Me 20 Oasis — Stop Crying Your Heart Out 20 Pink — Get The Party Started 20 Razorlight — Somewhere Else 20 Adele — Chasing Pavements 20 Manic Street Preachers — Your Love Alone Is Not Enough 20 Gorillaz — Feel Good Inc. 18 Daft Punk — One More Time 14 Jeff Buckley — Hallelujah 14 Taylor Swift — Love Story 14 James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado — Broken Strings 14 Corinne Bailey Rae — Put Your Records On 13 Justin Timberlake — Cry Me A River 10 Kate Nash — Foundations 06 Dido — White Flag -6
  20. YoungWillz

Art For Death's Sake

Ha, I wouldn't know. Synonymous with the Bull Ring, Birmingham though.
  21. time

Art For Death's Sake

Its not even in the top 10 public sculptures in Birmingham. (imho)
  22. Bibliogryphon

Art For Death's Sake

This has Guardian or Radio 4 all over it
  23. TQR

Room 101

Came off Facebook about 10 years ago because I was bored of wading through so much shit to get to something remotely interesting. Stopped Twitter a year ago because some cunt ruined it. Now, WhatsApp does me social and Threads does me media. That's all one needs.
  24. Ulitzer95

Deadpool Detective Work

Can't find anything on Ancestry owing to the fact that we don't have a rough idea of birth and death years but here's some new info. He was confirmed alive as late as November 1984 and possibly 1988 when he was touring and performing as a member of The Ink Spots. An earlier article from 1981 noted that he had taken hiatus from the group due to ill health, but it seems he recovered. I reckon he died between the late 80s and mid 90s.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use