All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Ulitzer95

Dead Pop Stars

I would argue that in the case of the Moody Blues, the original lineup doesn't really matter as much as it's not its iconic lineup (unlike say The Allman Brothers Band). Denny Laine (guitar) and Clint Warwick (bass) were only there for little over 2 years (May 1964 – July 1966). Justin Hayward and John Lodge replaced them that year and remained with the group until it dissolved in 2018. They're both still alive.
  3. Phantom

Been To Any Good Gigs Lately?

I worked for Madeleine Peyroux and Jill Sobule last night. Show was sold out. The venue only holds about 360. Personally, I had never heard of Madeleine Peyroux but had heard of Jill. I was surprised that she was the support act. I don't know if it's because Madeleine's new album was only available on a USB card, and she didn't have much else in the way of merchandise. But, Jill sold 3 times more. That's probably the first time I've had the support act sell more than the headliner. Both sounded great. I have to admit, I enjoyed Jill's set more
  4. time

Time Added

BBC is on it (Charlie Hurley). Not as quick with the sculptors though!
  5. Pffft. Placeholders now have a 5-minute life span. Will write a rule (into the intro post that no sod reads)
  6. Lafaucheuse

Shirley MacLaine

What surprise me is how these paparazzis manage to identify those aging celebs. I could pass her by in the street without even noticing it was Shirley. Same for Gene Hackman who looks more like a homeless man than a Hollywood star lately
  7. Toast

Shirley MacLaine

She looks quite spry to me. Has aged naturally without reaching for the Botox.
  8. Apologies for the delay, posting on my phone & for some unknown reason it wouldn't highlight properly.
  9. TQR

Captain Tom Moore

Rightmove if you fancy having a nose. Doubt they'll get £2.25m.
  10. 25/04/24 24 Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse — Valerie +4 24 Daft Punk — One More Time 24 Sophie Ellis-Bextor — Murder On The Dancefloor 20 Coldplay — Speed Of Sound 20 James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado — Broken Strings 20 Kylie Minogue — On A Night Like This 20 Plain White T’s — Hey There Delilah 20 Wheatus — Teenage Dirtbag 20 Manic Street Preachers — The Love Of Richard Nixon 20 Kelis — Trick Me 20 Oasis — Stop Crying Your Heart Out 20 Pink — Get The Party Started 20 Coldplay — In My Place 20 Kate Nash — Foundations 20 Busted — Year 3000 20 Justin Timberlake — Cry Me A River 20 Razorlight — Somewhere Else 20 Kylie Minogue — Love At First Sight 20 Adele — Chasing Pavements 20 Corinne Bailey Rae — Put Your Records On 20 Manic Street Preachers — Your Love Alone Is Not Enough 20 Gorillaz — Feel Good Inc. 20 Jeff Buckley — Hallelujah 14 Taylor Swift — Love Story -6 08 Dido — White Flag
  11. YoungWillz

Art For Death's Sake

Spread the word with your contacts at the press @Ulitzer95, @Spade_Cooley and others. He's a DDP unique for me, and I'd rather like the points.
  12. Gisooo

Art For Death's Sake

FB death notice for British sculptor Laurence Broderick (Wiki), aged 88.
  13. But lucky for us, you're here. Your brilliant lists are one of the essential ingredients of our diets. I can't imagine this place without you, @Gooseberry Crumble. I hope to see you again in one of our favourite pools... the next Windy.
  14. Today
  15. prussianblue

Captain Tom Moore

That's the family selling up the site of Tom's martyrdom. I suppose they've got to make back what they sunk into the spa somehow!
  16. Thu 25 Apr 24 Daft Punk — One More Time 24 Sophie Ellis-Bextor — Murder On The Dancefloor +4 20 Coldplay — Speed Of Sound 20 James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado — Broken Strings 20 Kylie Minogue — On A Night Like This 20 Plain White T’s — Hey There Delilah 20 Taylor Swift — Love Story 20 Wheatus — Teenage Dirtbag 20 Manic Street Preachers — The Love Of Richard Nixon 20 Kelis — Trick Me 20 Oasis — Stop Crying Your Heart Out 20 Pink — Get The Party Started 20 Coldplay — In My Place 20 Kate Nash — Foundations 20 Busted — Year 3000 20 Justin Timberlake — Cry Me A River 20 Razorlight — Somewhere Else 20 Kylie Minogue — Love At First Sight 20 Adele — Chasing Pavements 20 Corinne Bailey Rae — Put Your Records On 20 Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse — Valerie 20 Manic Street Preachers — Your Love Alone Is Not Enough 20 Gorillaz — Feel Good Inc. 20 Jeff Buckley — Hallelujah 08 Dido — White Flag -6
  17. Some of these bans are odd. I found I was banned when I went beyond 45 degrees South earlier in the year. Given than En Passant started a Gooseberry love-in I'd just like to say I'm a big fan of DL's own enema queen too
  18. Pure tripe. But let's move on. Time to find out what is, or rather isn't, the best No.2 of the 00s! GRAND FINAL Thu 25 Apr 24 Daft Punk — One More Time +4 20 Coldplay — Speed Of Sound 20 James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado — Broken Strings 20 Kylie Minogue — On A Night Like This 20 Plain White T’s — Hey There Delilah 20 Taylor Swift — Love Story 20 Wheatus — Teenage Dirtbag 20 Manic Street Preachers — The Love Of Richard Nixon 20 Kelis — Trick Me 20 Oasis — Stop Crying Your Heart Out 20 Pink — Get The Party Started 20 Coldplay — In My Place 20 Kate Nash — Foundations 20 Busted — Year 3000 20 Justin Timberlake — Cry Me A River 20 Razorlight — Somewhere Else 20 Kylie Minogue — Love At First Sight 20 Adele — Chasing Pavements 20 Corinne Bailey Rae — Put Your Records On 20 Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse — Valerie 20 Manic Street Preachers — Your Love Alone Is Not Enough 20 Gorillaz — Feel Good Inc. 20 Jeff Buckley — Hallelujah 20 Sophie Ellis-Bextor — Murder On The Dancefloor 14 Dido — White Flag -6
  19. LWCZ

Deadpool Detective Work

Sadly I haven't. I'd be glad if you would check it, as I used to have access (at least) to MyHeritage records, but I haven't really got time for it lately so I cancelled the subscription last May.
  20. Ulitzer95

Shirley MacLaine

Doesn’t look too good IMO.
  21. Ulitzer95

Deadpool Detective Work

Have you had a look through Ancestry? If not I can check later.
  22. LWCZ

Deadpool Detective Work

Thanks! I completely overlooked that That's okay. I'm sure he was George McFadden, as he's also referred to as such when he performed with the Kuf-Linx and when he later toured with George Holmes' (or Gaines Steele's) Ink Spots in late 70s. I also have a strong feeling he may have originally been from Pennsylvania, as this site suggests he joined the Jubalaires when they moved from Florida in 1941.
  23. YoungWillz

Time Added

Former Irish international and player for Millwall, Sunderland and Bolton Wanderers and manager of Reading, Charlie Hurley, reportedly dead: https://safc.com/news/club-news/2024/april/safc-mourning-the-loss-of-charlie-hurley Incredibly, dropped by The Final Whistle from their 2023 DDP team, so @Death Impends he adds to the long list of List of the Missed: https://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2023/celebs_H.html#hurlec
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use