3. Planetist

Art For Death's Sake

Robert Moskowitz, Abstract Painter of New York’s Skyscrapers, Dies at 88
  4. En Passant

Mahathir Mohamad

Carter echo, echo, echo.
  5. harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

Life In Prison

It’s only a crypto-sentence. As soon as he’s able to convince enough gullible fools that he won’t serve any time at all, he’ll be free as a bird.
  6. After listening to all the songs, I remember why I took a break from listening to the radio for a few years unless it was Heart FM etc.
  7. Handrejka

British Character Actors

I know him best from Brookside and various radio dramas. I heard rumours of ill health but wasn't sure how reliable that information was.
  8. diego

The Dead of 2024

Irena Baciulytė was born in Kybartai and died in Vilnius at the age of 85, was a Lithuanian rower who won three European titles in the eight event in 1963, 1965 and 1967; she finished second in 1964 and 1966. https://www.vle.lt/straipsnis/irena-sonia-baciulyte/
  9. diego

Magic Johnson, And Other Basketball Players

Walter Wesley was born in Fort Myers, Florida and died in Tampa, Florida, played in the NBA for the Cincinnati Royals, Cleveland Cavaliers, Phoenix Suns, Capital Bullets, Philadelphia 76ers, Milwaukee Bucks, and one game during 1975–76, his 10th and final NBA season, for the Los Angeles Lakers https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article287169600.html
  10. The Green Party in America does this all the time, seemingly on purpose. They can't file their paperwork properly or on time; then when absentee ballots are mailed out, they cry that those should be tossed out and new ones should be mailed with them on there.
  11. Today
  12. diego

Time Added

David Jackson was born in Stoke-on-Trent and died aged 87, his career mirroring that of his twin brother Peter. He was an interior lineman. The pair played at Wrexham and Bradford City, where their father, Peter Jackson, was manager. When their father was sacked in March 1961, the brothers also left immediately to sign for Tranmere Rovers for a combined fee of £3,000. They played a total of 449 league games, scoring 76 goals for City. Their careers were briefly separated when Jackson signed for Halifax Town two years later, before they both played together at non-league clubs Frickley Colliery, Altrincham and Hyde United https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/24216427.david-jackson-scored-68-goals-six-years-bradford-city/
  13. diego

FIFA World Cup Players

He was part of the 1990 South Korean championship team, and is the first to die from that team.
  14. Ulitzer95

The 100 Club

Those 2 have been on my long list since 2008. Beyond a joke. Norman Spencer came to our attention later. He's already the first person from British film/TV to reach 109. I hope he sees 110 in August.
  15. Lafaucheuse

The 100 Club

Just find the wiki list, forgot about Anne Baker and Eileen Kramer
  16. Summer in Transylvania

The 100 Club

James C. Floyd and Muazzez Ilmiye Cig, to name two.
  17. Lafaucheuse

The 100 Club

Namely ? Besides Norman Spencer I forgot the others
  18. RoverAndOut

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Gonna run one of the most important cities in the world - can't even fill in the application forms properly. What a melt.
  19. 28th March 26 Plain White T’s — Hey There Delilah +4 25 Kate Nash — Foundations  24 Fall Out Boy — This Ain’t A Scene, It’s An Arms Race 23 Manic Street Preachers — Your Love Alone Is Not Enough 23 Cascada — Everytime We Touch 23 Chamillionaire ft. Krayzie Bone — Ridin’ 23 The Killers — When You Were Young 23 Gwen Stefani ft. Akon — The Sweet Escape 22 Arctic Monkeys — Brianstorm 22 Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse — Valerie 22 Rihanna — SOS 22 Red Hot Chili Peppers — Dani California 22 Christina Aguilera — Ain’t No Other Man 21 Embrace — Nature’s Law 21 Mark Ronson ft. Daniel Merriweather — Stop Me 21 Infernal — From Paris To Berlin  21 The White Stripes — Icky Thump 21 Mary J. Blige & U2 — One 21 Maroon 5 — Makes Me Wonder 21 Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand — Let Me Think About It 21 Bodyrox ft. Luciana — Yeah Yeah 21 T2 ft. Jodie Aysha — Heartbroken 20 Corinne Bailey Rae — Put Your Records On -2 20 LL Cool J ft. Jennifer Lopez — Control Myself 20 U2 & Green Day — The Saints Are Coming 20 Justin Timberlake — My Love 20 Booty Luv — Boogie 2Nite 20 Just Jack — Starz In Their Eyes 20 Avril Lavigne — Girlfriend 20 Mutya Buena — Real Girl 20 50 Cent, Justin Timberlake & Timbaland — Ayo Technology 20 Shayne Ward — No U Hang Up / If That’s OK With You 20 Take That — Rule The World 19 Rihanna — Unfaithful 16 Eric Prydz ft. Floyd — Proper Education 14 Fergie — Big Girls Don’t Cry 12 The Pussycat Dolls ft. Will.I.Am — Beep  12 Chris Brown ft. Juelz Santana — Run It 02 Shayne Ward — No Promises -4
  20. maryportfuncity

The Chequered Flag

If he's the one telling us I don't trust it!
  21. Compiled into a Spotify playlist... Which I haven't actually listened to yet so this first vote is on poorly remembered vibes. 28th March 25 Kate Nash — Foundations 24 Fall Out Boy — This Ain’t A Scene, It’s An Arms Race +4 23 Manic Street Preachers — Your Love Alone Is Not Enough 23 Cascada — Everytime We Touch 23 Chamillionaire ft. Krayzie Bone — Ridin’ 23 The Killers — When You Were Young 23 Gwen Stefani ft. Akon — The Sweet Escape 22 Arctic Monkeys — Brianstorm 22 Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse — Valerie 22 Rihanna — SOS 22 Red Hot Chili Peppers — Dani California 22 Plain White T’s — Hey There Delilah 22 Christina Aguilera — Ain’t No Other Man 22 Corinne Bailey Rae — Put Your Records On 21 Embrace — Nature’s Law 21 Mark Ronson ft. Daniel Merriweather — Stop Me 21 Infernal — From Paris To Berlin  21 The White Stripes — Icky Thump 21 Mary J. Blige & U2 — One 21 Maroon 5 — Makes Me Wonder 21 Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand — Let Me Think About It 21 Bodyrox ft. Luciana — Yeah Yeah 21 T2 ft. Jodie Aysha — Heartbroken 20 LL Cool J ft. Jennifer Lopez — Control Myself 20 U2 & Green Day — The Saints Are Coming 20 Justin Timberlake — My Love 20 Booty Luv — Boogie 2Nite 20 Just Jack — Starz In Their Eyes 20 Avril Lavigne — Girlfriend 20 Mutya Buena — Real Girl 20 50 Cent, Justin Timberlake & Timbaland — Ayo Technology 20 Shayne Ward — No U Hang Up / If That’s OK With You 20 Take That — Rule The World 19 Rihanna — Unfaithful 16 Eric Prydz ft. Floyd — Proper Education 14 Fergie — Big Girls Don’t Cry 12 The Pussycat Dolls ft. Will.I.Am — Beep  12 Chris Brown ft. Juelz Santana — Run It -6 06 Shayne Ward — No Promises
  22. Grande Pablo

Time Added

He was with Dennis Mortimer & Tony Morley on Lichfield market a couple of weeks back doing a memorabilia thing. He really wasn't in a good way. Crying shame to see your heroes go like this. Paradoxically his feet did all the talking - was renowned for avoiding heading!
  23. mymango

Mahathir Mohamad

I reckon he'll survive the year and die before his birthday next year.
  24. 28th March 25 Kate Nash — Foundations +1 23 Manic Street Preachers — Your Love Alone Is Not Enough 23 Cascada — Everytime We Touch 23 Chamillionaire ft. Krayzie Bone — Ridin’ 23 The Killers — When You Were Young 23 Gwen Stefani ft. Akon — The Sweet Escape 22 Arctic Monkeys — Brianstorm 22 Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse — Valerie 22 Rihanna — SOS 22 Red Hot Chili Peppers — Dani California 22 Plain White T’s — Hey There Delilah 22 Christina Aguilera — Ain’t No Other Man +2 22 Corinne Bailey Rae — Put Your Records On +1 21 Embrace — Nature’s Law 21 Mark Ronson ft. Daniel Merriweather — Stop Me 21 Infernal — From Paris To Berlin 21 The White Stripes — Icky Thump 21 Mary J. Blige & U2 — One 21 Maroon 5 — Makes Me Wonder 21 Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand — Let Me Think About It 21 Bodyrox ft. Luciana — Yeah Yeah 21 T2 ft. Jodie Aysha — Heartbroken 20 LL Cool J ft. Jennifer Lopez — Control Myself 20 U2 & Green Day — The Saints Are Coming 20 Justin Timberlake — My Love 20 Booty Luv — Boogie 2Nite 20 Just Jack — Starz In Their Eyes 20 Fall Out Boy — This Ain’t A Scene, It’s An Arms Race 20 Avril Lavigne — Girlfriend 20 Mutya Buena — Real Girl 20 50 Cent, Justin Timberlake & Timbaland — Ayo Technology 20 Shayne Ward — No U Hang Up / If That’s OK With You 20 Take That — Rule The World 19 Rihanna — Unfaithful 18 Chris Brown ft. Juelz Santana — Run It 16 Eric Prydz ft. Floyd — Proper Education 14 Fergie — Big Girls Don’t Cry 12 The Pussycat Dolls ft. Will.I.Am — Beep  06 Shayne Ward — No Promises -6 Mixed bag, some crackers in here but a good few I'll need to listen to as I can't bring them to mind. Last round went largely to plan as best as it could for me. I'd swap Manics for Kylie (she had some proper bangers in the noughties - this is the first round she doesn't feature in!) but otherwise I've no real complaints with the ones that went through.
  25. time

Widow(er) Shopping

Dave Allen? His (second) wife gave birth to his son three months after Allen's death in 2005, and was reportedly 42 then.
  26. I wouldn't argue with any figure Sharkey states - he's far more knowledgeable on the subject than me. Privatisation of water supply was the most egregious of all the privatisations of the Thatcher era. Purely ideological reasoning.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use