All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. msc

Nigel Kneale & Judith Kerr

Terrible news. Judith Kerr was one of the greatest kids writers of all time, imo.
  3. YoungWillz

Nigel Kneale & Judith Kerr

100% dead now Judith Kerr is gone. Link to follow. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48381415
  4. The Old Crem

The Dead of 2019

Author Judith Kerr dies aged 95. RIP. (Mentioned in the Authors thread but getting enough coverage to deserve to be posted in here as well.)
  5. Bibliogryphon

Authors Last A Long Time, But....

I am the bearer of very bad news Judith Kerr, widow of Nigel Kneale and the author of the Tiger Who Came to Tea and When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit has died aged 95 Guardian Obituary
  6. Today
  7. Spade_Cooley

Derby Dead Pool 2019

I liked Nan Winton as a pick, sort of classy pick that elevates the DDP imho.
  8. Bibliogryphon

Dead Pop Stars

NOW FOUR was released in November 1984 and was the first of the albums not to go to #1 on the UK Album chart 1. Girgio Moroder (b.1940) 2. Eugene Wilde (b.1961) 3. Rockwell (Kennedy Gordy)(b.1964) 4. Ray Parker Jr (b.1954) 5. John Waite (b.1952) 6. Lionel Richie (b.1949) 7. Elton John (b.1947) 8. Julian Lennon (b.1963) 9. John Deacon (b.1951) 10. Francis Rossi (b.1949) 11. Bono (Paul Hewson) (b.1960) 12. Fergal Sharkey (b.1958) 13. Kim Wilde (b.1960) 14. Bonnie Pointer (b.1950) 15. Martyn Wade (b.1956) 16. Phil Gould (B.1957) 17. Joe Leeway (b.1955) 18. Martin Brammel (b.1957) 19. Mick Talbot (b.1958) 20. Mark Brzezicki (b.1957)
  9. Banana

Hollywood Possibilities

This guy is real lucky at the moment. His brain cancer, basically gone and all his other tumours have seemingly reduced by half in size. This guy has 4 different types of cancer btw. (info from his GoFundMe)
  10. FixedBusiness

The Dead of 2019

Lawrence Carroll is dead according to Kerry King's (Slayer guitarist) wife. Lawrence painted the cover art for multiple Slayer albums including Seasons In The Abyss. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Carroll https://worldofwonder.net/rip-artist-lawrence-carroll/
  11. philheybrookbay

Death In The Family

Sad news- take care Willz
  12. RadGuy

20th Century Americans Sitcoms

Tonight on ABC, there was a live-action recreation of All In The Family and The Jeffersons, featuring Woody Harrelson as Archie, Jamie Foxx as George Jefferson, Wanda Sykes as Weezie, and Will Ferrell as Tom Willis, among others. It was followed by a short documentary on the impact of these shows on American culture. At the end, Marla Gibbs and Norman Lear made special appearances. They both looked quite good for their advanced ages.
  13. Joey Russ

Bill Turnbull

He’s feeling fantastic after ending chemo for prostate cancer.
  14. CharonsCrew

Derby Dead Pool 2019

Nan Winton is my first ever unique hit (she's on my theme team). I didn't realize she'd gone, so thanks to whoever did. I'm sorry she's dead, but I'm glad I chose her for more than just having got the points - I didn't know who she was until I researched my theme team last December, and now she gets a write-up. I'm pleased she's getting the attention. Funny thing is, I almost didn't include her, because I wasn't sure if she was still alive. She was the only one on my team I couldn't verify as still living, and I was considering dropping her from my team next year for that reason......
  15. The Quim Reaper

Death In The Family

So very sorry to hear that YW. Take it easy.
  16. Yesterday
  17. CaptainChorizo

Windy City Deadpool 2019-2020

will have update 1 over the weekend
  18. YoungWillz

Political Frailty

Obituary for Sir Timothy Kitson, former Tory MP for Richmond, North Yorkshire who was succeeded by Leon Brittan: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2019/05/22/sir-timothy-kitson-yorkshire-farmer-loved-hunting-racing-mp/
  19. alt obits guy

British Character Actors

Andrew Hall obituary: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9133695/andrew-hall-dead-coronation-street-butterflies-actor-dies/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunmaintwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1558559234
  20. alt obits guy

Presenters

Christine Crosbie, a former decade-long on-air personality with Global TV in Canada, including as a one-time morning show co-anchor, has died after a short battle with cancer. She was 53. https://globalnews.ca/news/5297565/global-news-anchor-christine-crosbie-dies/
  21. harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

The Chequered Flag

Niki's dead. Lauda? NIKI'S DEAD!
  22. Paul Bearer

The Chequered Flag

Find it hard to believe there wasn't a thread for him.
  23. msc

The Chequered Flag

Got badly burnt, lived, racing again within 6 week, then won the title a year later. What more can you say? Good unique for the Kid. Had a feeling he was on limited time but was thinking more 2021-ish.
  24. msc

The Deathlist Howto

Will set DI on it later. Can count him on him not to ban the wrong one. Bit Brigadiers in Mawdryn Undead. Right, the forums had a crap Dr Who reference, its officially back to normal now!
  25. Joey Russ

The Deathlist Howto

Should he be banned?
  26. msc

The Deathlist Howto

Good to be back! Oh, fuck that guy!
  27. Torva Messor

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

I see the expired certificate issue's been resolved, or at least I can access the site through Mozilla Firefox, without having to whitelist the URLs, nor needing to backdate the computer. Thank you, DL website administrator!
  28. Joey Russ

The Deathlist Howto

Ah yes, I no longer have to switch between two different times on mobile anymore.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use