All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Evil Grimace

Hollywood Possibilities

Lee Grant features prominently in the Netflix series 'Turning Point: The Bomb and the Cold War'. She's in the second episode and discusses the McCarthy trials of Hollywood actors and actresses and its impact on her career and her blacklisting. She's well spoken, sharp and animated. If I didn't know about her age, it would be hard to believe this was someone in their late 90s. The series was released in March 2024. It was clearly filmed earlier as Daniel Ellsberg is in both the second and third episodes, with the third one acknowledging his death in June 2023 the credits. I suspect his parts were filmed prior to diagnosis and disclosure of his illness (pancreatic cancer), making it late 2022 or early 2023. Possibly Lee Grant's parts will filmed around this time.
  3. John "요한" Sulu

Death Anniversary Thread

On this day 1 year ago, American singer known for "The Banana Boat Song", actor known for "Carmen Jones", and activist Harry Belafonte passed away at the age of 96 from congestive heart failure.
  4. RoverAndOut

Liz Truss

The gift that keeps on giving. Private Eye again.
  5. Today
  6. diego

Time Added

Sorry if the translation was bad, but I didn't mean the oldest, but from an older season Thank you for informing who is the oldest as well and complementing the information
  7. 25th April 28 Sophie Ellis-Bextor — Murder On The Dancefloor 27 Wheatus — Teenage Dirtbag 27 Gorillaz — Feel Good Inc. 26 Manic Street Preachers — The Love Of Richard Nixon 26 Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse — Valerie 25 Kylie Minogue — Love At First Sight 24 Adele — Chasing Pavements 22 Coldplay — In My Place 22 Busted — Year 3000 20 Daft Punk — One More Time 20 Coldplay — Speed Of Sound 20 Plain White T’s — Hey There Delilah 20 Oasis — Stop Crying Your Heart Out 20 Pink — Get The Party Started 20 Razorlight — Somewhere Else 20 Manic Street Preachers — Your Love Alone Is Not Enough 18 Kylie Minogue — On A Night Like This 14 Taylor Swift — Love Story 14 Kelis — Trick Me -6 13 Justin Timberlake — Cry Me A River 12 Jeff Buckley — Hallelujah +4 10 Dido — White Flag 10 Corinne Bailey Rae — Put Your Records On 06 Kate Nash — Foundations
  8. RoverAndOut

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Greens have announced they'll vote in favour of the vote of no confidence. That means 64 votes in favour (assuming all Labour, Lib Dem, Tory and Greens do as told) and 63 votes against (all the SNP). A tie would result in the presiding officer casting the deciding vote in favour of the status quo. So it all rests on the last MSP - Ash Regan, former SNP MSP, stood against Humza for the leadership after Nicola stood down and now a member of their fierce rivals Alba. Good luck, Humza!
  9. Slackhurst Broadcasting

Brian Wilson

1966, more like....
  10. Yeah. I don’t believe for one second that the second best song on the list was Adele’s caterwauling debut.
  11. Also, the ones we put through were, on the whole, shite.
  12. alt obits guy

Ice Hockey Players

Bob Cole, the Hall of Fame play-by-play broadcaster long associated with Hockey Night in Canada, has died. He was 90. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/bob-cole-obituary-1.7184556
  13. ladyfiona

Room 101

I only go on Facebook to talk with friends on messenger. I also use it for local facebook groups.
  14. 25th April 28 Sophie Ellis-Bextor — Murder On The Dancefloor 27 Wheatus — Teenage Dirtbag 27 Gorillaz — Feel Good Inc. 26 Manic Street Preachers — The Love Of Richard Nixon 26 Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse — Valerie 25 Kylie Minogue — Love At First Sight 24 Adele — Chasing Pavements +4 22 Coldplay — In My Place 22 Busted — Year 3000 20 Daft Punk — One More Time 20 Coldplay — Speed Of Sound 20 Plain White T’s — Hey There Delilah 20 Kelis — Trick Me 20 Oasis — Stop Crying Your Heart Out 20 Pink — Get The Party Started 20 Razorlight — Somewhere Else 20 Manic Street Preachers — Your Love Alone Is Not Enough 18 Kylie Minogue — On A Night Like This 14 Taylor Swift — Love Story 13 Justin Timberlake — Cry Me A River 10 Dido — White Flag 10 Corinne Bailey Rae — Put Your Records On -4 08 Jeff Buckley — Hallelujah 06 Kate Nash — Foundations 00 James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado — Broken Strings -2
  15. Surprise Demise

Shit's really hitting the fan in Scottish politics at the minute with the collapse of the SNP-Green coalition. Will be interesting to see how this pans out. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-68901088
  16. Octopus of Odstock

Time Added

No he's not. Lew Chatterley is our oldest surviving caretaker or full time manager, born 1945. Took over after Branfoot resigned.
  17. time

Art For Death's Sake

Of course, facebook isn't all bad https://www.facebook.com/BhamUpdates/posts/846209984218815?ref=embed_post
  18. Octopus of Odstock

Time Added

Incredibly popular manager for Reading. Bought the troubled but brilliant Robin Friday, 'the best player you never saw'. Quit at halftime in his last game, the first time that had happened (and can't have happened much since) Very sorry to learn this. RIP
  19. The Old Crem

They are relatively few reform candidates standing in the locals that their absence from many seats will be a big factor.
  20. 25/4/24 28 Sophie Ellis-Bextor — Murder On The Dancefloor 27 Wheatus — Teenage Dirtbag 27 Gorillaz — Feel Good Inc. 26 Manic Street Preachers — The Love Of Richard Nixon +2 26 Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse — Valerie 25 Kylie Minogue — Love At First Sight 22 Coldplay — In My Place 22 Busted — Year 3000 20 Daft Punk — One More Time +2 20 Coldplay — Speed Of Sound 20 Plain White T’s — Hey There Delilah 20 Kelis — Trick Me 20 Oasis — Stop Crying Your Heart Out 20 Pink — Get The Party Started 20 Razorlight — Somewhere Else 20 Adele — Chasing Pavements 20 Manic Street Preachers — Your Love Alone Is Not Enough 18 Kylie Minogue — On A Night Like This -6 14 Taylor Swift — Love Story 14 Corinne Bailey Rae — Put Your Records On 13 Justin Timberlake — Cry Me A River 10 Dido — White Flag 8 Jeff Buckley — Hallelujah 6 Kate Nash — Foundations 2 James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado — Broken Strings
  21. Fantomasss

French speaking deathlist

Décès du réalisateur Laurent Cantet à seulement 63 ans !
  22. 25th April 28 Sophie Ellis-Bextor — Murder On The Dancefloor 27 Wheatus — Teenage Dirtbag +4 27 Gorillaz — Feel Good Inc. 26 Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse — Valerie 25 Kylie Minogue — Love At First Sight 24 Kylie Minogue — On A Night Like This 24 Manic Street Preachers — The Love Of Richard Nixon 22 Coldplay — In My Place 22 Busted — Year 3000 20 Coldplay — Speed Of Sound 20 Plain White T’s — Hey There Delilah 20 Kelis — Trick Me 20 Oasis — Stop Crying Your Heart Out 20 Pink — Get The Party Started 20 Razorlight — Somewhere Else 20 Adele — Chasing Pavements 20 Manic Street Preachers — Your Love Alone Is Not Enough 18 Daft Punk — One More Time 14 Taylor Swift — Love Story 14 Corinne Bailey Rae — Put Your Records On 13 Justin Timberlake — Cry Me A River 10 Dido — White Flag 8 Jeff Buckley — Hallelujah 6 Kate Nash — Foundations 2 James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado — Broken Strings -6 I suspect the 08-09 songs are at a disadvantage here because we're all sick of them...
  23. Grim Up North

Brian Wilson

Actually he might look slightly better than her!
  24. harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

Brian Wilson

Debbie Harry has really let herself go.
  25. Sly Ronnie

Brian Wilson

He hasn't been totally with it since about 1976.
  26. April 25th at 1201pm 28 Sophie Ellis-Bextor — Murder On The Dancefloor 27 Gorillaz — Feel Good Inc. +4 26 Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse — Valerie 25 Kylie Minogue — Love At First Sight 24 Kylie Minogue — On A Night Like This 24 Manic Street Preachers — The Love Of Richard Nixon 23 Wheatus — Teenage Dirtbag 22 Coldplay — In My Place 22 Busted — Year 3000 20 Coldplay — Speed Of Sound 20 Plain White T’s — Hey There Delilah 20 Kelis — Trick Me 20 Oasis — Stop Crying Your Heart Out 20 Pink — Get The Party Started 20 Razorlight — Somewhere Else 20 Adele — Chasing Pavements 20 Manic Street Preachers — Your Love Alone Is Not Enough 18 Daft Punk — One More Time 14 Taylor Swift — Love Story 14 Corinne Bailey Rae — Put Your Records On 13 Justin Timberlake — Cry Me A River 10 Dido — White Flag 8 James Morrison ft. Nelly Furtado — Broken Strings -6 8 Jeff Buckley — Hallelujah 6 Kate Nash — Foundations
  27. Commtech Sio Bibble

Room 101

I use Facebook exclusively for Pokemon Go, it's really the only place that have active local groups. Apart from that the only time I've used it recently is for deadpooling purposes. For keeping in touch with friends it's Instagram or Twitter mainly.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use