All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. msc

British Science Fiction Series

Ian Cullen has reportedly died aged 75. One of the dwindling cast of The Aztecs, but in everything from When the Boat Comes In to Dalziel and Pascoe to Family flipping Affairs.
  3. All three are a pile of steaming shit to be honest.
  4. Today
  5. Grim Up North

Death Links

More vaping bad news
  6. Cant Wait

The 12th death of 2019

I agree.
  7. YoungWillz

Dead Screenwriters Society

Obituary for Andrea Newman, author who adapted some of her novels for television: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2019/11/13/andrea-newman-creator-racy-novels-tv-dramas-tangled-married/ Probably best known for Bouquet Of Barbed Wire. IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0628006/
  8. I could be wrong but Bawjaws is taking credit for the invention of the electric car at the moment. The number of times he says "Ladies and Gentlemen" and enjoins the crowd to agree with him makes him look like a seaside entertainer from the 1970s. He is a real joke. An unfunny racist lying one.
  9. Il Magneto

The Dead of 2019

A wonderfully funny man
  10. Bibliogryphon

Knights of the Realm

This was the only place I had picked Lord Bramall.
  11. roaming_comrade

The 12th death of 2019

Gonna go for Carter now, that fall could finish him off before the decade ends.
  12. Joey Russ

Five4three2one Deadpool - 2019

Raymond Poulidor is a hit for me
  13. time

The English Language

Yes, I blame The Apprentice. They all misuse it there.
  14. time

The English Language

That's the correct grammar. Old school incorrect grammar was always 'me and...' as per Toast, above.
  15. Corbyn declares he’ll stay as PM for a full 5-year term if he wins the election. The irony is that declaration could well have lost him it. I could cry at how dire our future looks.
  16. The Old Crem

Summer Olympic Deaths/Dead Medallists

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/disability-sport/50404848 Australian Paralympic champion Kieran Modra dies in bike accident. Should this be here or its own Paralympic thread.
  17. Spade_Cooley

The Dead of 2019

Irish character actor Niall Toibin (Ballykissangel, Veronica Guerin) dead at 89. DDP hit.
  18. The Quim Reaper

The English Language

Or “______ and I...”, surely? One of my old English teachers was really cunty about that.
  19. maryportfuncity

Academic Footnotes

I'll confess to reading his "How to Read and Why" - almost 20 years old now and a book in which he shamelessly points out as he got older he thought life too short for substandard books! Not so much elitist as evangelical in his own secular way.
  20. Spade_Cooley

Death Anniversary Thread

Eddie Guerrero decided to focus on the lying, rather than the cheating and stealing, today in 2005 aged 38
  21. philheybrookbay

Professional Cyclists

https://www.facebook.com/103512969698091/posts/2478705755512122/?sfnsn=scwshmo&d=n&vh=e
  22. philheybrookbay

Professional Cyclists

I think hes gone. Tour De France Facebook site saying that they'll never forget him...
  23. drol

Summer Olympic Deaths/Dead Medallists

Nothing in the news, but according to his FB page Balbir Singh has been hospitalized again.
  24. Joey Russ

Life In Prison

Saddened that Milat didn’t make the DDP starting line? Not to worry, the role of the Australian backpacker murderer could be filled by Bradley John Murdoch, who’s being treated for cancer...
  25. Joey Russ

Yank Science Fiction Series

Virginia Leith has died
  26. Phantom

Hospitalised!

The Blasters have cancelled all remaining gigs for this year while Phil Alvin is recovering
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use