All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Mercarte

The Cardinals Of The Roman Catholic Church

Spanish Roman Catholic cardinal, José Manuel Estepa Llaurens, passed away today at the age of 93.
  3. Today
  4. Death Impends

Windy City Deadpool 2019-2020

I had Helen Legh
  5. Clorox Bleachman

I had Maria Giuseppa Robucci, sorry for not posting it.
  6. bladan

3. Olivia De Havilland

And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them. (Rev. 9:6 King James Version (KJV))
  7. YoungWillz

3. Olivia De Havilland

I'd like to think that someone out there is using this weekend's hiatus in deaths to be ready to update the films with entirely dead casts thread when she goes.
  8. bladan

3. Olivia De Havilland

No, that was in the rare Beatles video I Want to Drink Your Blood
  9. bladan

A Joke

What did the leper say to Mary Magdalene? "You can keep it"
  10. CaptainChorizo

2ND UPDATE May hits Tim Conway Sprent Dabwido Tommy Donbavand Bob Hawke Roz Petterson Im Pei Jean Vanier Herman Wouk June Hits Ellen "Dolly" Gibb Franco Zefirelli Mark Waraka Beth Chapman July Hits Christopher Booker Johnny Clegg Sutopo Purow Nugroho Joe Kadange John McCirrick In this update Ellen "Dolly" Gibb-Clorox Bleachman Mark Waraka-JiroemonKimura Beth Chapman-Banana,Book,drol,GUN,RadGuy,the old lady,TorvaMessor Johnny Clegg-Book,CaptainChorizo,DeathImpends,Drol,Fixed Business,Gcreptile,GUN,RadGuy,theoldlady Joe Kadenge-Gcreptile Sutopo Purwo Nugroho-Gcreptile,Jiroemon Kimura,RadGuy John McCririck-Book,TheQuimReaper,The YoungWillz Christopher Booker-Bibliogryphon,Gcreptile,JoeyRuss,Msc Franco Zeffirelli-Bibliogryphon 2nd Scoreboard Change atop the Leaderboard,though it's by a close margin and lot's of carnage in the season yet to come 1st place GunUpNorth-1200 2nd place TheOldLady-1190 3rd place DeathImpends-1185 4th place Book-1180 5th place TorvaMessor-975 6th place TheQuimReaper-940 7th place Banana-925 8th place FixedBusiness-795 9th place Bibliogryphon-785 10th place Msc-765 11th place Gcreptile-755 12th place RadGuy-736 13th place CloroxBleachman-721 14th place Wormfarmer-675 15th place JoeyRuss-546 16th place ebless-545 17th place CaptainChorizo-540 18th place TheOldCrem-500 19th place Markb4-485 20th place Drol-445 21st place Jiroemon Kimura-376 tied 22nd place GreatUncleBulgaria-350 tied 22nd place GooseberryCrumble-350 24th place YoungWilz-230 tied 25th place Bou1-210 tied 25th place TheUnknownMan-210 Any names missed or mistakes just let me know
  11. Steve

2. Herman Wouk

Just finished watching the whole series of The Winds of War and War & Remembrance. Two fabulous mini series which detail all the key aspects of the World War 2. Very explicit and harrowing account of the holocaust especially episode 11 of War & Remembrance which includes the Auschwitz selection process and gassing.
  12. maryportfuncity

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Saw this sparky crew live yesterday; great gig:
  13. maryportfuncity

Stairway To Heaven/ Highway To Hell

Aye, the big debate amongst my little coterie of mates yesterday was what to do at 9-00 tonight. The main stage gets the whole site to itself for the last act so our options are watch Foreigner or walk home and miss the rush. Current betting is get a final drink and watch them from a distance. If it's doing nowt for us by the end of said pint we'll take an early swerve. Yesterday I got mosh pit close for Polish proggers Riverside - both my mates bailed as it became obvious I was the only one who rated them! We all rated Robert Jon and the Wreck (outlaw country stage), Anathema (prog stage) and Black Stone Cherry closing the main stage
  14. Banana

Time Added

https://www.dw.com/en/franz-beckenbauer-probe-to-be-split-from-world-cup-investigation/a-49654583
  15. Joey Russ

Cricket Thread. Only Mad Dogs And Englishmen

Australian cricketer Ian Chappell is undergoing treatment for skin cancer.
  16. Sir Creep

ABC Deadpool III

Lastly (4.) there is the 'fame' threshold. As the great msc recently stated: "There’s enough Kate Bowler (published academic, cancer) types in the world that you don’t need Kate Cancer Mum of the Mirror Sob Story." I also shouldn't need to be sold on someone. If I find a worthwhile Wiki link or article about the celeb and their profession or accomplishments, fine (with all caveats lol). Not even a loosely crafted Wiki link will save the likes of Qin Hanzhang, who appears to me to be a nobody. He's OUT in case that wasn't clear just now. Telling me the person is an 'activist' when what they are fighting for is right-to-die legislation (or some other cause that suddenly became time of the essence) means they were very likely no one until they got sick. No SHIT they are activists lol. I would be too. I haven't raised a penny for pancreatic C research, but if diagnosed and feeling all philanthropic and self-serving, I may start a charity AND fight for the Dr. Jack Kervorkian (another Detroiter ) legislation. Doesn't transform me into a legit celeb. I know how the game goes but finding people who will actually die and QO vs dire concern over alliteration may be your golden egg laid by the 'bird in the hand'. Let Hilda Hansen be your touchstone to disappointment. SC
  17. Sir Creep

In light of developments of 18 July 2019.......
  18. Sir Creep

Boxing Clever?

Theme team developing here: David Allen was taken to hospital after a brutal ten round beating by British rival David Price. David Allen, 27, was taken to the Royal London Hospital as a precaution, after he stood up and collapsed down with his legs giving way. Trainer Darren Barker told Sky Sports that the fighter was waiting for a scan but believed to be OK. Promoter Eddie Hearn said: "We believe Dave suffered a broken orbital bone and some damage to his tongue. After the loss and trip to A&E, Allen hinted at retirement on Twitter, saying: "Dont want anyone to worry about me, just a hard man gone old and soft the last 18 months, very happy and proud of David price, I will be okay but the last 12 months or so my health has been deteriorating and I’m glad I hung on took the chance and made money and now probably done." SC
  19. Sir Creep

Dead Pop Stars

@Phantom missed this one. Too busy celebrating 7777 posts and prepping for his birthday. Jerry Lawson, who for four decades was the lead singer of the eclectic cult-favorite a cappella group the Persuasions, has died. He was 75. Lawson died Wednesday at a Phoenix hospice after a long illness. Lawson's smooth baritone led the group of five and later six singers, who were revered as the "The Kings of a Cappella" by their small but devoted fan base. Through 25 albums (!) the Persuasions recorded rock, blues, gospel and pop songs, all with no sound other than their own voices, long after the doo-wop era and long before the "Pitch Perfect" movies, when a cappella was rare. They had many famous fans including Rod Stewart, the Grateful Dead's Jerry Garcia, the members of Boyz II Men and Frank Zappa, who gave their career a boost when he discovered them in the late 1960s. They began in Brooklyn in 1962. "It was just five guys who used to stand on the corner or go down to the subway station every night and just do this," Persuasions member Jimmy Hayes told the AP in 2000. Joseph Russell, Herbert Rhoad and Jayotis Washington rounded out the original quintet. They got their break when Zappa signed them to his independent label for their first album in 1969. I LOVE that last line. That is friggin awesome. SC
  20. Sir Creep

The Counterculture of the 1960's

I know he's not on your list, but his obit speaks for itself. Would be remiss if it was not placed here, imho. Steve Cannon, a writer, visual artist, gallery owner and patron of multiculturalism, has died. He died July 7 of apparent septic shock at Veterans Hospital in New York City. He was 84. A native of New Orleans, Cannon moved to New York in the early 1960s. Cannon and Ishmael Reed helped found a multicultural publishing house and Reed was among those involved with Cannon's "A Gathering of Tribes," a literary publication, art gallery and arts organization. Cannon's books included "Groove, Bang and Jive Around," a 1969 publication that Reed called a "pre-rap novel." He also mentored younger writers, among them Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty. SC
  21. Yesterday
  22. Sir Creep

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)

I just wanted you to know how much I admired this. It's the little things, the tiny efforts that always go unrewarded.
  23. Spade_Cooley

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)

Rahul Desikan, American neuroscientist who researched the effects of ALS while he himself was suffering from it, dead at 41. DDP pick. He was also an ambient musician in his spare time: It's not for me, tbh.
  24. The Quim Reaper

This goes totally against the grain of stuff I usually listen to. Normally it's just shite I'll tolerate on a night out on the piss, but I actually like this. It's catchy.
  25. DeathClock

The 7th Death of 2019

It’s amazing how Olivia de Havilland is 103 years old and super famous and she doesn’t have a single vote.
  26. Gooseberry Crumble

The 7th Death of 2019

Thank you very much.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use