All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. drol

Political Frailty

Vera's health started to decline after her 101st birthday. Her being still alive is barely explainable.
  3. Today
  4. roaming_comrade

Political Frailty

vera is almost 103 tho
  5. YoungWillz

Political Frailty

Charlotte here suggesting that Bob Maclennan, last leader of the SDP prior to the merger with the Liberals, has moved on:
  6. Cat O'Falk

Dying Off The Radar

Cathryn Harrison (granddaughter of Sir Rex Harrison and daughter of Noel Harrison) died in late 2018. With 48 credits (many of them multiple appearances) to her on IMDb, the only news of her death seems to be a small mention in the In Memoriam section of Equity Magazine published in Spring 2019, not then available online. Two people picked up on it. Britmovie comment. Twitter comment.
  7. Toast

The Joker's Dead Pool 2020

My strategy of only picking famliar names was a resounding failure last year. I may try a reverse ploy of only picking people I've never heard of.
  8. Whitehouse

Crashing Companies

Bose about to go deaf to clients as it closes all its 119 stores in the US.
  9. John Key

1. Prince Phillip Duke Of Edinburgh

Why does it have to be between, can't it be highly improbable or highly implausible?
  10. Clorox Bleachman

The Joker's Dead Pool 2020

Is 42 meant to be Tim Smith?
  11. maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2020

The stewards are with you on that GC and it pains me to report that the only confirmation I can find is on funeral sites - it pains me because I'd picked the fucker too. Points removed (temporarily at least). So Banana remains two deaths away from victory
  12. time

Death Anniversary Thread

Today marks the 100th anniversary of the death of Italian poet Giovanni Capurro, who's best known as the writer of 'O Sole Mio'.
  13. ThePrematureBurial

Ask A Deathlister

I wonder why so many Americans die of cancer, since it's so easy to buy a gun in this country. Does this disease progress so quickly towards the end, or does the last phase come so surprisingly that it's no longer possible to react? I can't believe that people prefer an agonizing death, if they have a choice.
  14. Deathray

Somewhere between highly improbable and highly implausible.
  15. gcreptile

Death By Numbers 2020

To be fair, Samantha Last is/was an iffy case - but she was a beneficiary of the rule that in cases of doubt, "BBC coverage in any form will convince me" (it's in the rules!). And Last had it: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-49771450 By the way, I think the person that gave me the most headscratching was Sir Creep's own pick Erminia Motika, who basically is the mother of an American celebrity chef. She might have a different last name than given, or the name "Motika" is an anglicized version of "Mattichio". But well, it could be that she was in front of a camera herself a few times. So I thought I just go with it instead of a big discussion.
  16. Lafaucheuse

Ahah yeah that’s true... I wondered : What are the odds of the queen dying before Philipp ?
  17. Toast

Death By Numbers 2020

I'd never heard of her. There are numerous nobodies who upload multiple videos online of them applying make-up, dyeing their hair etc. They are not "famous".
  18. MrWonderful

Political Frailty

Found this on YouTube. Not that I expect anyone to actually watch this in its entirety, but he certainly appeared to be mentally sharp in September of last year, just 4 months ago. Do you think he looks visibly worse in the pic from a few days ago, as compared to this appearance in September? I actually think he looks thinner back in September.
  19. drol

Political Frailty

Has visibly deteriorated. Ankles are swollen like Vera Lynn's. 100 will be his best achievable goal.
  20. Tower1

Kim Jong-Un

She gave me the Kura Bingo vibes.
  21. ThePrematureBurial

Your hit rate is usually admirable. This hit, however, won't give you a head start. Everybody has him on his or her list.
  22. Deathray

26. Genesis P-Orridge

Not sure what you're getting at but if I've read this right.... There's nothing to re-examine. PB was an admin when I first started posting here iirc - a year before you decided to bring the forum down a few notches and post here.... Hein fucked off a week after Johan Cruyff carked it, either a death that hit too close to home (he was dutch) or shit happening (forum members aren't immune to life's cycle) . Also a little while after setting a Dead Pool that no-one could realistically run which would have been a typically Hein thing to do a month before fucking off. Either way if Grobler can just randomly turned up after a decade and get a warm welcome, I'm sure if Hein ever wishes to return (if he's well) he'll get a warm welcome... So stop shit-stiring and have some decorum, given many forum members still wonder what the fuck happened to Hein.. (users dissapearing is fairly normal, admins not so much...)
  23. CoffinLodger

Political Frailty

This pic of George Shultz was taken a few days ago. Does he look like he'll make it to 100 in December ? He's still healthy enough to have meetings so maybe he will !
  24. ThePrematureBurial

13. Betty White

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who can't add links.
  25. drol

Kim Jong-Un

Hwang Sun-hui, director of the Korean Revolution Museum and multiple-times Deputy of Supreme Assembly, has finally died at 100 of respiratory failure. The oldest Leadership member of NK and the first public NK figure to make it to 100, she had been uber-frail for years. She was the wheelchair-bound mummy who was hugged by Kim Jong-un at every important occasion between 2015 and 2017 and always looked already dead. He really squeezed the Juche out of her! The last anti-Japanese fighter to have a notable political career, she leaves Kim Yong-ju as the undisputed senior member of NK leadership. Kim, who never fought against the Japanese as he was in Moscow at the time, will be "only" 98 and not 100 in August, according to NK sources. Western sites on NK (NKWatch. etc.) are full of bullshit DoB, including for one of History's greatest losers.
  26. TomTomTelekom

The 100 Club

104 year old american labor leader Marie Clark passed away: http://afscmecouncil8.org/afscme-ohio-council-8-leader-marie-clark-passes/
  27. TomTomTelekom

Businesspeople, Investors, Ceos

American businessman David Glass, known for being the former President and CEO of Wal-Mart, dead at 84 years: https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28503747/former-kansas-city-royals-owner-david-glass-dies-84 He became also the sole owner of the MLB's Kansas City Royals in April 2000.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use