All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. dimreaper

Baseball

You Mass based by chance? One of my most pressing memories from the 2004 championship season was every female having a huge crush on Johnny Damon. Fairly decent player in his own right to be fair, but that always made me laugh.
  3. Death Impends

Life In Prison

I'll just discretely sneak him into the 2023 LotM since it's more or less historical record. Whereas if he were picked this year he'd go on the 2024 LotL.
  4. An Fear Beag

Baseball

I'm guessing that's because he wasn't on the World Series roster. Even casual Red Sox fans remember the names of Dave Roberts and Doug Mientkiewicz because of their post-season heroics. However McCarty played in almost twice as many games as either of them that year. His contribution to the season as a whole shouldn't be dismissed.
  5. One doesn't half get about marketing them there eazi glide castors...huge demand across the Eurozone and a bellweather for all sorts of goods apparently.
  6. YoungWillz

Life In Prison

Actually died in September 2023 so strike the List of the Missed for this year. Wow, kept that quiet.
  7. So, as we already worked out you were secretly high up in government during those Brexit negotiations* so with that in mind. Telford is a UK constituency and so... we need to await news if you've forced Rishi Sunak to have an election soon after the locals? Got it. Good luck. *For any newcomers, Biblio's work trips had a habit of corresponding to Brexit negotiation trips abroad in 2017-ish.
  8. YoungWillz

Life In Prison

Brian Reader reportedly dead: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/27465009/brian-reader-dead-mastermind-hatton-garden-heist/ Edit: Last picked in 2021 by The House of Extravaganza so List of the Missed again @Death Impends: https://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2021/celebs_R.html#readb0
  9. Today
  10. Oh go on, give us a company name, then you could be stalked by anyone who's ever done that thread hereabouts. I'd give myself a laugh as it's not that far from me, but I have less than zero interest in 'furniture componentry'. I suppose there might be two concurrent exhibitions, but this is Telford not the NEC....
  11. dimreaper

Baseball

In fairness, his death is getting a lot of local media coverage. I'm really only talking about the dive bars I frequent in Dorchester. I dug out my closet my old 2004 Red Sox commemorative pin collection that the team put out and found he was omitted.
  12. alt obits guy

Gangster, Gangster

Appropriate surname, given a felony is a serious criminal offense in American jurisprudence parlance.
  13. Bibliogryphon

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

Going to be manning the company stand at an exhibition in Telford for the next two days. I will still have my phone but it would be bloody typical if the pent up backlog of deaths hits whilst I am otherwise engaged
  14. harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

Baseball

You obviously know different fans to each other.
  15. Father Brown

Celine Dion

On the May 2024 cover of Vogue France. There are a few more photos here.
  16. dimreaper

Baseball

I live in Boston and only a few fans I know remember him. His contribution went far beyond those three relief appearances. 151 at bats isn 't bad. But in Boston, he's not too well known.
  17. Comped

Political Frailty

Probably a little more notable for his work in polo than his ambassadorship where he seems to have accomplished very little of note. At least I can find. But that seems to be how it is with most Caribbean countries...
  18. Comped

Ozzy Osbourne

I wish his travel show with Jack was still going, the one that aired on the History Channel here in the US. Was quite entertaining.
  19. DCI Frank Burnside

Gangster, Gangster

King Scum. Never was a nickname so fitting
  20. Comped

Baseball

He certainly contributed, wasn't just a guy with like three appearances.
  21. Father Brown

Room 101

News "articles" that are just an embedded video or audio clip and not much else. No, I don't want to watch your video, I want to read. At least provide a transcription!
  22. TQR

Ask A Deathlister

No big-name deaths recently so they’ll be in hibernation.
  23. Steve

Ask A Deathlister

Is our fellow deadpooler Thatcher ok? Not been on here since 13th April
  24. Sir Creep

Astronauts

…though not the first Syrian with space between their ears.
  25. diego

Activists

Cecil Williams was born in San Angelo, Texas and died in San Francisco, California, was an American pastor, civil rights and LGBT activist, community leader, and author who was pastor of Glide Memorial United Methodist Church in San Francisco. He suggested that gays should use their votes to gain political power and effect change https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/glide-co-founder-rev-cecil-williams-dies-at-94/
  26. Sir Creep

World's Oldest

FINALLY the remaining sister gets full control of their parents inheritance!
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use