Lady Die

The Death Penalty

Do you agree with the Death Penalty?  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The USA is set to execute the 1000th person since the death penalty was reintroduced in 1976.

What do you think about capital punishment?

Personally I'm against it, because miscarriages of justice can occur. A punishment should act as a deterrent, and there's no good evidence that the death penalty does this. It should also attempt to rehabilitate the offender - which execution clearly can't do.

• Shocked 1

I'm against it too for the same reasons, miscarriage of justice seems to happen quite often.

Me 3 too many misshaps, just for the sake of getting someone for a crime.

I agree with it in principle - I think there are some people who are such a danger to society that imprisonment is just a waste of resources. But in practice, when carrying out the death penalty has more to do with what race the criminal and victim are, how much money the criminal has, and other demographic issues that should be irrelevant but clearly aren't, I don't think it's appropriate.

So I guess my ansswer to the poll would be a firm "yes, but..." and I see the poll starter has omitted to add that option. :P

I voted no.

Damn ... I should've included the answer "No, except for Gary Glitter"

I voted no.

The death penalty may be appropriate in certain situations.

For example if a man who is proven insane and could not

appreciate the punishement of life then perhaps it

could be considered.

Scott Pederson would be a good example who should

spend life in prison. :P

I voted no. I think my senior year Ethics professor put it best:

"If they can make as bad a mistake as they did with O.J. one way, surely they can make it the other way."

Guest Guest

The most hated is in mine opinion is GEORGE BEST and i hated him all the time and now good riddance to him he is now DEAD.!!!!!!!!! GIMME A P......... P GIMME A.............. A GIMME A R................R GIMME A T...............T GIMME A Y.............. Y.

HIP HIP OOH RAY *GOOGOLPLEXIAN TIMES . ( NOT)

Guest vashti

I'm against the death penalty because it's wrong.Judicial murder is no different to any other kind.

I'm against the death penalty because it's wrong.Judicial murder is no different to any other kind.

Yes it is, it's legal.

And here's another thing....abortion.

Isn't that just execution?

(Prompted by HoS, I just thought we could see how many more controversial issues we could throw into this thread for no real reason. ;)

:lol:

Leading charities report that sex offenders are incurable. If they can not be rehabilitated should they not be put down?

Looks like the Vietnamese have got the right idea then. ;)

Leading charities report that zooiphiles (whatever) are incurable. If they can not be rehabilitated should they not be put down?

(OK, I made this one up :lol: ).

Leading charities report that sex offenders are incurable. If they can not be rehabilitated should they not be put down?

Looks like the Vietnamese have got the right idea then. ;)

Leading charities report that zooiphiles (whatever) are incurable. If they can not be rehabilitated should they not be put down?

(OK, I made this one up :lol: ).

Kidscape say that paedo's can't be cured.

Give me a good reason why someone like Sidney Cooke shouldn't hang?

I voted yes to the death penaly, but only if it's done by firing squad,

that at least has some style.

• Like 1

[Edit - in relation to the paedo up there]

Because he should be forced to live out the rest of his days in prison and suffer there with nothing more than plasma screen TVs, outings, pool tables, gyms and other such facilities.

Anyhow,

Some sections of the deathlist community think that those who write in text language and those who cannot spell should be executed. Is this justifyable? :lol:

• Like 1

Because he should be forced to live out the rest of his days in prison and suffer there with nothing more than plasma screen TVs, outings, pool tables, gyms and other such facilities.

As above

Anyhow,

Some sections of the deathlist community think that those who write in text language and those who cannot spell should be executed. Is this justifyable? :lol:

Definitely. Any sign of weakness is an instant cull. You're either with us or you're against us. ;)

As above

Anyhow,

Definitely. Any sign of weakness is an instant cull. You're either with us or you're against us. ;)

With, with, with............... [sounds of pitchforks being sharpened in the background]

Anyhow,

It shall not be allowed...End of story..

[Edit - in relation to the paedo up there]

Anyhow,

Some sections of the deathlist community think that those who write in text language and those who cannot spell should be executed. Is this justifyable? ;)

Justifyable(sic) :lol:

Where's that gun.

Only a thousand? The way the left wing slobs like Fatso Mickey Moore carry on you would think there were far more than that. I think we should be able to pull that off at least every year.

The problem with the death penalty as it stands today is all those appeals. Too damned many. One appeal per executee and that should be it. Julius and Ethel didn't get all that extra time and their son was savaged throughout life because of it.

Apart from this, I think the death penalty is a grand idea although I do wish we could go back to the frying chair method...or maybe a guillotine chop in the center of town :lol:

I think we should be able to pull that off at least every year.

I bet you do a lot of pulling off. :lol:

• Like 1