Sign in to follow this  
Death Star

Herbert Lom

This thread is the place to discuss Herbert Lom.

• Like 2

Guest Four Donkeys of the Apocolypse

"Clousea"......his tortured part in those films still brings tears to the eyes.

Guest Jasper K Abraxxis

Herbert rocks, outside of the Pink Panther movies as well. He was great in The Dead Zone and The Asylum just to name 2 classics....

Herbert rocks, outside of the Pink Panther movies as well. He was great in The Dead Zone and The Asylum just to name 2 classics....

And I think I speak for all when I say we would love to see him in the Dead Zone :)

Guest Graham Smith

I saw Herbert Lom is some film the other night, he looked old, of course he is 87 and they put makeup on; isnt he a fantastic Virgo?

Graham

I saw Herbert Lom is some film the other night, he looked old, of course he is 87 and they put makeup on; isnt he a fantastic Virgo?

Graham

87 and still a Virgo. Thats really sad... <_<

There was an article about him in Saturday's Independent.

He is still working & comes across as very sharp mentally. Unless someone knows something about his health that I don't, he doesn't look a good bet for renomination in 2005.

Guest Mr. Lom
This thread is the place to discuss Herbert Lom.

Herbert Charles Angelo Kuchacevich ze Schluderpacheru to you....

Guest Harald

Hi!

I saw him first as Col. Brinkley in "Der Schatz im Silbersee". Back then I thought he was a German actor. Only later I came to know he was born in Prague and is mainly an English speaking actor.

But I nevertheless I think he spoke his German voice as well: "Aber das Maul halten müsst Ihr." or "Zum Donnerwetter, Licht!" (Both sentences typical for Karl May). Simply marvellous! :skill2:

with kind regards

Harald

herbert lom is still appearing in films, and despite his age, born January 9, 1917 making him 88 he doesnt seem to look unwell. has anyone got any news on his health.... :D

There are two dates of birth for Mr Lom, January 9th and September 11th. Anyone know which is correct?

There are two dates of birth for Mr Lom, January 9th and September 11th. Anyone know which is correct?

DOB 1/9/1917. go here for info Its an American site so his real DOB might be 9/1/17.

Does anyone know the reasoning behind choosing Mr. Lom? He seems to be in excellent health, given his age especially.

It's my guess that Lom was a last minute replacement for Artie Shaw who died in late December (30th) 2004.

My evidence consists of the fact that Lom is the only candidate without his number in front of his thread name.

As to why he was the replacement, I don't really know.

My evidence consists of the fact that Lom is the only candidate without his number in front of his thread name.

Not strictly true Windsor. Even mods make mistakes, I made an arse of merging threads in this one, hopefully it will get sorted out soon.

Not strictly true Windsor. Even mods make mistakes, I made an arse of merging threads in this one, hopefully it will get sorted out soon.

I'm no Sherlock Holmes then. <_<

Come on Herbie, I have my wages for a week place on you taking the first hit.

Well, I don't actually have wages....