Saint Peter

Abdelbaset Al-Megrahi

Here's one to watch for next year!!!

Looks as though he is having a little trouble down below, as the ladies would say!

Will he taste freedom before he makes his final journey???

Its probably just a sob story to help his appeal along the way.

Still, he'd be on my DDP.

I've added quote marks to the subtitle of this thread. There's so little evidence that he actually planted or even knew about the bomb, and most of that has been discredited. See Paul Foot's long-ruuning campaign in Private Eye. The real Lockerbie bomber is either dead or living it up in Syria.

I've added quote marks to the subtitle of this thread. There's so little evidence that he actually planted or even knew about the bomb, and most of that has been discredited. See Paul Foot's long-ruuning campaign in Private Eye. The real Lockerbie bomber is either dead or living it up in Syria.

Cheers, thanks for pointing it out.

I don't some drive by Ranters lobbing one in !!! :)

AOL report makes it obvious the cancer has already spread. Even his defence team are stating it would be unwise to predict how long he has left.

Some good ones falling into place for Jan 1st.

It's looking more and more likely he'll see Jan 1st, most reports of the bail talk about the legal case and his illness but it's not being reported in Ronnie Biggs - let him out cos he's about to die - terms. He should see 2009, and a lot of deadpool lists.

Its probably just a sob story to help his appeal along the way.

Still, he'd be on my DDP.

Windsor's on to something here. He probably arranged for a visitor to bake a plutonium file into one of the cakes they brought him, so he'd catch cancer and be let out early.

Freedom is looking good for him.

Hopefully he will scrape into 2009 for an easy result for DL.

Freedom is looking good for him.

Hopefully he will scrape into 2009 for an easy result for DL.

Prostate cancer is a rubbish indicator of anything unless it's advanced. If it's caught early enough the chances are you will die of something else. By no means a certainty for 2009.

This article indicates that Al-megrahi's cancer has spread to other parts of his body. Has his stock gone up Godot?

Speaking of terrorists, a Yitzhak Shamir-Haloween-extravaganza would definitely be a scream. :rolleyes:

This article indicates that Al-megrahi's cancer has spread to other parts of his body. Has his stock gone up Godot?

Talks have been held between Libyan and British officials over Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrahi who is said by his lawyer to be so seriously ill that it would be "unwise" to predict his life expectancy.

His lawyer seems to be trying to warn against any "spread betting." Too late. Unless, of course, as Windsor has suggested, he is playing the previously successful Ernest Saunders gambit.

Bail denied.

"While the disease from which the appellant suffers is incurable and may cause his death, he is not at present suffering material pain or disability....He added that there appeared to be no immediate prospect of serious deterioration in his condition.....If he responds well to the course of palliative treatment which he has now started, his life expectancy may be in years," said Lord Hamilton.

Bail denied.

"While the disease from which the appellant suffers is incurable and may cause his death, he is not at present suffering material pain or disability....He added that there appeared to be no immediate prospect of serious deterioration in his condition.....If he responds well to the course of palliative treatment which he has now started, his life expectancy may be in years," said Lord Hamilton.

That will be a relief to all the prisoners in Greenock Prison :rolleyes: .

"I wouldn't be surprised if they start holding candlelit vigils. The satellite TV is so important to them - it gives them something to look forward to."

Bail denied.

Good. Given some of the victims may have been alive for some time following Pan Am 103's explosion, when they finally decide he's on death's doorstep he should be strapped to a seat and pushed out of a plane from 30,000 feet. That would end the cancer.

Unless he didn't do it, in which case he should be released immediately. But if Qaddafi said he's guilty, it must be true.

Either way, the lack of bail will do nothing for his resolve to fight the cancer. I'm planning on cashing in big time on next year's DDP when he dies and I get the extra points for a unique pick and joker combined.......

Where's the button to delete posts?

Bail denied.

Good. Given some of the victims may have been alive for some time following Pan Am 103's explosion, when they finally decide he's on death's doorstep he should be strapped to a seat and pushed out of a plane from 30,000 feet. That would end the cancer.

Unless he didn't do it, in which case he should be released immediately. But if Qaddafi said he's guilty, it must be true.

He didn't.. He's a patsy. Funny that his life expectancy has increased following his refused bail though... :rolleyes:

Bail denied.

He didn't.. He's a patsy. Funny that his life expectancy has increased following his refused bail though... :lol:

Him and Manson family "Mom" Susan Atkins are must haves. Forget Jack K. and Ronnie B. for old criminals. Take the new gimmees.

Bail denied.

He didn't.. He's a patsy. Funny that his life expectancy has increased following his refused bail though... :lol:

Him and Manson family "Mom" Susan Atkins are must haves. Forget Jack K. and Ronnie B. for old criminals. Take the new gimmees.

Ted K you mean...:)

I'm not so sure Miser. There's quite a few jailbirds who are pleading the 'I'm dying, honestly' schtick: Biggs, Bevel, al-Megrahi, Atkins, Fujimori...

Like those African dictators that all very ill apparently, yet still hang to life and, coinidentially, to power too... :angry:

There's quite a few jailbirds who are pleading the 'I'm dying, honestly' schtick: Biggs, Bevel, al-Megrahi, Atkins, Fujimori...

Like those African dictators that all very ill apparently, yet still hang to life and, coinidentially, to power too... :D

Let's remember that this Abdelbaset Al-megrahi has the same disease which led to Eddie Thompson's long anticipated demise. How many years did it take Thompson again? Is the risk worth the profit? I'm undecided.

I won't be listing Ronnie Biggs but Bevel and Atkins on the other hand are lucky to see New Years. Fujimori's diagnosis is very different then the condition which is consuming Patrick Swayze. I won't be listing Fujimori but Riad Seif or Ieng Sary will be evaluated.

Guest Niall Wallace
Let's remember that this Abdelbaset Al-megrahi has the same disease which led to Eddie Thompson's long anticipated demise. How many years did it take Thompson again? Is the risk worth the profit? I'm undecided.

Thompson's visibility in the media and on match days made it quite easy to know what stage he was at in treatment.

Ok, so I do know a few people working in Cancer research who spotted him starting to "Puff" out which is a side effect of the drug used once cure is absolutely impossible and the only concern is keeping as good as quality of life as is possible until the inevitable occurred.

When he was wheelchair bound he would sit in the first aiders dug out with his family, this stopped happening about 4 weeks before his death was announced.

Only inmates at Greenock and those at what ever hospital is treating him are likely to have clues at that level for Megrahi.

We seem to have missed this recent article concerning his health.

Sounds like he is not doing so well, but then it could all be lies.

I am somewhat regretting putting him down as my DDP joker. I think we can never be sure of how ill he actually is.

You've got almost ten whole months to cash in that joker Windsor......I doubt you'll be regretting it after that time. He was an easy invite to my Carkers Convention on the DDP. Still glad I included him. In theory he could live beyond this year but he seems to have that same psychological ability as Jade Goody to drag himself down.

She claimed that her husband "haemorrhaged several times recently."

"His body is not reacting any more to medication because of his bad psychological condition, according to a report by his doctor,"