Cowboy Ronnie

Hosni Mubarak

Must be a bad week for African quasi dictators with an M, u, a and b in their names, as Hosni Mubarak is apparently ill enough to be raising speculation over who might succeed him. Could be one to bear in mind for next year......

• Facepalm 1

My top 10 2006 death guesses are {& some of them I'd hate to put on this list, but hey, they're old}

Stan Lee

Hugh Hefner

Christopher Lee

Gene Wilder

Bruno Sammartino

Rosanne Barr

Justin Timberlake {I hate this bastard, for some reason, don't know why?}

John Goodman

Scott Weiland

Ian McKellen

How about Eddy Curry (traded from chicago bulls to new york after irregular heart caused him to miss last 11 games and post season). Egyptian pres hosni mubarak, the man is old,

Hosni Mubarak;

More chance of getting overthrown than expiring naturally

Justin, dont we all?

Roseanne,more likely to be assisinated by weightwatchers.

• Like 1

There have been many murmers in recent weeks about the declining health of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak. These stories have been strenuously denied in official quarters, so much so that several newspaper editors were jailed for spreading "slanderous rumours" about their leader.

Anyway, the stories about his deteriorating condition continue, this article says he collapsed last week and is now too weak to even travel to Germany for medical tests.

"The old man has become more aware than ever of his mortality," another intelligence source said. "We can expect Gamal [his son and heir] to assume a higher profile over the next few weeks."
  • Like 1

There have been many murmers in recent weeks about the declining health of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak. Anyway, the stories about his deteriorating condition continue, this article says he collapsed last week and is now too weak to even travel to Germany for medical tests.

I'm been watching this one & it's hard to say with this one. The above was possibly written by an Egyptian Iain, DDT, as this news report & picture today still show him busy, and he did meet Condoleeza Rice earlier this week.

However there are a lot of profiles & reports about Gamal and his future all of a sudden.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Fading, but not yet expired.

Speculation grows that Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak may be seriously ill. He'd be a good candidate for the 2011 DL, if he should make it that far.

Speculation grows that Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak may be seriously ill. He'd be a good candidate for the 2011 DL, if he should make it that far.

The Washington Times believe that Hosni Mubarak will be dead within eighteen months.

Nonetheless, the 82-year-old Egyptian leader is thought by most Western intelligence agencies to be dying from terminal cancer affecting his stomach and pancreas.

The Washington Times believe that Hosni Mubarak will be dead within eighteen months.

Nonetheless, the 82-year-old Egyptian leader is thought by most Western intelligence agencies to be dying from terminal cancer affecting his stomach and pancreas.

I wouldn't want to bet a single euro on information that has its source in U.S. and Western intelligence agencies. However, since there is some evidence that Mr Mubarak is indeed in poor shape I will seriously consider him for my 2011 DDP team. If he makes it to 2011, that is.

regards,

Hein

President Mubarak of Egypt looks likely to stand in the next presidential election.

At 82 years of age and with rumours of cancer he was mentioned as a possibilty for 2011.

President Mubarak of Egypt looks likely to stand in the next presidential election.

At 82 years of age and with rumours of cancer he was mentioned as a possibilty for 2011.

Have they talked about his health in the last couple of weeks? I haven't heard it mentioned, but I haven't been following 24/7 news either. Like Berlusconi and Gaddafi, his hair looks disconcertingly black for an OAP. So vain, these dictators.

Have they talked about his health in the last couple of weeks? I haven't heard it mentioned, but I haven't been following 24/7 news either. Like Berlusconi and Gaddafi, his hair looks disconcertingly black for an OAP. So vain, these dictators.

Berlusconi is hardly a dictator!

Berlusconi is hardly a dictator!

He'd love to be one, though.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn he's got a picture of Mussolini in his office. Which, of course, suggests what the Italians should do with him.

regards,

Hein

I just picked him because everybody else seemed convinced he was ill.

Having seen more of him since the 'Revolution' kicked off, he doesn't look particularly ill to me. There is a good chance he could be assassinated I suppose.

I just picked him because everybody else seemed convinced he was ill.

Having seen more of him since the 'Revolution' kicked off, he doesn't look particularly ill to me. There is a good chance he could be assassinated I suppose.

The life/risk line I hold on Hosni reads:

Stomach & prostate cancer, target assasination attempts (15 times) was listed as seriously ill.

Bound to have had some very good treatment and by all accounts he can still get up and knock off a speach or two. But there are lots of people gunning for him and even more of late. What happens post overthrow when 10,000 politcal prisioners are let out - I guess a few of them would like him to meet his maker before those cancers catch up with him.

I've re-read the Washington Post 4 page article link from DDT's post number 119 in this thread and that is still very interesting.

The world wants him to walk but his every move seems designed to hang onto power. Shorn of military support, hated by most Egyptians and twenty years into bus-pass territory; the possible causes of death are gathering rapidly. I think he's worth his own thread from this point on. Apart from anything else, our London-based posters might soon be able to give him a cheery wave as his car trundles through Knightsbridge. But, is he on our A list anytime soon?

Discuss...

The world wants him to walk but his every move seems designed to hang onto power. Shorn of military support, hated by most Egyptians and twenty years into bus-pass territory; the possible causes of death are gathering rapidly. I think he's worth his own thread from this point on. Apart from anything else, our London-based posters might soon be able to give him a cheery wave as his car trundles through Knightsbridge. But, is he on our A list anytime soon?

Discuss...

Not to mention suffering from prostate cancer. Has said he wants to die on Egyptian soil, and he may well get his wish...when he is put before a kangaroo court and hanged.

Basically he has 2 options, he can flee the country (Saudi Arabia is probably his best bet) or he can stay and likely suffer the same fate as Saddam Hussein and Nicolae Ceausescu. Over here wouldn't be a very wise option, didn't work out too well for Pinochet after all. If he wasn't nabbed for crimes against humanity he would very possibly be gunned down one day going up the road for milk. If he really cared about the future of Egypt he would just go already, he really is crazy if he thinks he can cling on to power, the ego on that guy!!!

All the stress of the past couple of weeks can't have done him any good healthwise either

Would like to see him as a Pinochet-esque old dude who takes for fucking ever to die in a British retirement home character. Maybe him and Maggie could share premises together, could be like a Waiting for God for the 2010s.

Well-respected German newspaper Der Spiegel claims that there are plans that Mubarak is to go to German hospital Max-Grundig-Klinik Bühlerhöhe in the southwestern town of Bühl near Baden-Baden, for a "prolonged health check".

regards,

Hein

Guest Guest

HOSNI MUBARAK R.I.P . GREAT DAY FOR THE WORLD!

1) He isn't dead yet.

2) We've yet to see whether or not this will be a great day for the world.

• Like 2

1) He isn't dead yet.

I bet you'll be saying the exact same phrase in May, if you swap Hosni Mubarak for Alex Salmond... :)

1) He isn't dead yet.

1). is certainly true.

2). may be true. At the moment I would say it is a much more positive day than negative.

2). may be true. At the moment I would say it is a much more positive day than negative.

Up until the Halibut Brotherhood starts loping off academics heads.