BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

If anyone deserves to die its that damn W**ker that QE2 is married to. Yep, you got it in one, Prince Philip ( Mountbatten) of "foot in mouth" fame. Apart from that, what else is he famous for? Marrying the Queen, big deal! The sooner that bugger is relegated to the earth, the happier I'll be. At his age, hopefully I shouldn't have too long to wait! *fingers crossed* cool.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Shocked 1

Dear Birdie

We like to keep things personal and involved here on the death list so thanks for your impassioned nomination

At 82 and with no signs of illness Phil the Greek is unlikely to be pushing his way onto next year's list - he is however under constant observation

Do I get a bonus point for knowing that Birdie Num Num comes from The Party starring Peter Sellars? Or is this the wrong chat room

Mr Stats

• Like 1

I reckon you get 10 bonus points for that one!! But, I'd still like to see Phil the Greek on the list.......you never know who's gunning for him after this latest Royal Scandal. B) Anyway, if he does die ( hopefully in 2004 or sooner ) wil I get special mention for his nomination anyway? :D

:D Oh come on now Birdie person, Phil the Greek is the most consistently entertaining member of the Royal Fambly. How can you say you want the bloke dead? He's the perfect antidote to the corporate-safe generation, a man who comes out with wonderfully innapropriate comments at all the right times. The fact that he murders wildlife by the score and is a member of the WWF just adds to his charm. There are too many humourless PC-centric media types blowing his comments out of all proportion anyway. Why cant you just accept the fact that he's a man from a different generation who has very little impact on the world we live in? He's in damn good shape for his age though, like all the Windsors, and hoping for his imminent death is a little far-fetched just now, I feel. B)
  • Like 1

Guest Catherine

I agree. Prince Phil appears to be in outstanding health for his age. I can't see any British royal dying in the next year apart from Princess Alice. HOW is that woman still alive? There have been reports of poor health and no public appearances ever since she reached the wasteland of 95+.

B):D Well you don't have to wait for old age to die now, do you? I'm hoping for a speedy end to this "man's" pathetic life & any way is fine by me. You know who'll be the first one to jump off their chair in delight when he bites it, don't you?! :D The very fact that this "royal concubine" is a prominent member of WWF yet still manages to wipe out rare rhinos with little regard ( well, one anyway ...of only 250, mind you) is typical of his pathetic life, & just one of many extremely good reasons why this "man" should meet his maker sooner not later. I'm still voting for him for 2004! :D:D
  • Like 1

B) You're full of hate Birdie, live and let live mate. Long live Phil the Greek! :D
  • Like 2

We need to remain rational about our nominations otherwise it would just be a list of people we would like to die which isn't the same thing.

Does anyone know if Dr Fox has any illnesses?

Well Howdy Parten-ers

A nicely argued case by Birdie there but I have to agree with Mr Stats again that theres wishful thinking there.

Birdie will however be pleased to see Phil happily nominated on the 1000 people more annoying that Mick Hucknall site - some good discussion there too

http://www.dogbomb.co.uk/board/showthread.php?threadid=4636

• Like 1

He certainly is one of the most annoying buggers in the world, thanx for that link. B) I'll be keeping a close eye on this bloke & will be the first to host the biggest party on the block when he bites it. :D

Back to the drawing board. Great site by the way, I luv it! :D

• Like 1

slipping in the bathtub. sounds like a big exit sign for 2005

• Like 1

;) Oh come on now Birdie person, Phil the Greek is the most consistently entertaining member of the Royal Fambly. How can you say you want the bloke dead? He's the perfect antidote to the corporate-safe generation, a man who comes out with wonderfully innapropriate comments at all the right times. The fact that he murders wildlife by the score and is a member of the WWF just adds to his charm. There are too many humourless PC-centric media types blowing his comments out of all proportion anyway. Why cant you just accept the fact that he's a man from a different generation who has very little impact on the world we live in? He's in damn good shape for his age though, like all the Windsors, and hoping for his imminent death is a little far-fetched just now, I feel. :rolleyes:

You'd be talking about this sort of thing, Sid:

gaffes

yes, the sooner Phil the Greek goes, the better...he's an embarrassment to ths country......

Why is it that the royals are descended from greeks or krauts ? Whats happened to pure-bred english stock ?.....

• Like 1

You'd be talking about this sort of thing, Sid:

gaffes

Okay, it's official; I like him, and would very much like to get snockered with him.

very much like to get snockered with him

snockered?????? Is this an American word Mr H?

yes, the sooner Phil the Greek goes, the better...he's an embarrassment to ths country......

That’s what makes Prince Phillip so entertaining. To me he is the most comical member of the Royal Family and has given me so many chuckles over the years that I would be sad to see him go.

Just thought I would share a list of his most famous quotes and gaffes below. My favorite one was when he was visiting a group of aboriginals in Australia in 2002 and asked one of them “Do you still throw spears at each other?” :rolleyes:;)

Prince Phillip's famous gaffes

Prince Philip cancels engagement due to trapped nerve in his neck.

He also cancelled engagements eight weeks ago when he had the flu.

I think he has a good couple years in him yet, but he is certainly beginning to show his age. Not forgetting the bath incident.

• Like 1

I think he has a good couple years in him yet, but he is certainly beginning to show his age. Not forgetting the bath incident.

I must say, I rather enjoyed the title of that article: "Philip: A Pain in the Neck" :D

Praytell, for us non-Britons, what was the "bath incident?"

• Like 1

Guest Guest

I think Philip will die before he's 90. He's also starting to look frail.

I must say, I rather enjoyed the title of that article: "Philip: A Pain in the Neck" :)

Praytell, for us non-Britons, what was the "bath incident?"

In 2004 he gave himself a black eye when he slipped while getting out the bath.

I think he will see 90, even if he has to spend years behind the Palace gates as a sick man.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Could Prince Philip outlive the Queen?