Sign in to follow this  
Grim Reaper

Betty Ford

Guest Rich C

Is this the first married couple waiting for the Reaper in the list?

Although Betty Ford is 86, there does not seem to be any report of her having a health related problem that would lead to her early demise. The latest news on her is that she has stepped down from her position at the Betty Ford Clinic and handed over the leadership position to her daughter.

Betty Ford Center leadership changes hands

Guest Death List Watcher

Betty Ford's Wikipedia entry indicates that she was born in 1918, making her 87 this year, not 89.

Guest ParaDise

"I'm checking in.... checking, checking in.... no more pills or alcohol...."

Long live to Betty Ford... the platonic love of my friend SERJAO... stay calm SERJAO, Betty is going to live much more years... fight for you love...

Guest Guest
"I'm checking in.... checking, checking in.... no more pills or alcohol...."

Long live to Betty Ford... the platonic love of my friend SERJAO... stay calm SERJAO, Betty is going to live much more years... fight for you love...

Happy Birthday Betty! (this Fri April 8) Mrs. Ford turns 87 years old!

Guest deathlister
I think she had cancer a few years back

Mrs. Ford underwent a successful masectomy in September, 1974. More than 30 years later there has been no known recurrance of her breast cancer. According a book on first ladies by some guy named Anthony, she had open heart surgery in 1987 and has suffered for many years from arthritis (the book also says she attributed that to her alcohol and drug addiction for which she was successfully treated in 1978). But at the age of 87 there have been no recent reports on the health of Betty Ford.

Guest Julie

Ms. Ford passed away June 1st.

Guest Guest

So how come CNN or the BBC haven't reported her death ??? ....... she is a fairly high profile person being the wife of an Ex President of the USA !!

So how come CNN or the BBC haven't reported her death ??? ....... she is a fairly high profile person being the wife of an Ex President of the USA !!

She is still alive B)

Former first lady to receive Ford Medal for public, private works

Guest Guest
She is still alive

That was my point ...........

Guest DeathLister

Both Gerald and Betty Ford appeared quite well at the recent award ceremony. Betty Ford obviously has quite a bit of time left; in fact, I'd advise against placing her on for another 5 years, unless something unexpected (i.e. an Alzheimer's announcement, a stroke, etc.) happens. Despite her history of alcoholism and prescription drug abuse, I would not be surprised to see Betty Ford live well into her 90s, and possibly even make it to 100.

Yeah but are you really alive if you go through life without a drink?

After Dutch poet Jan Boerstoel I'd say:

Drinking makes your head go sore

But sober living even more.

regards,

Hein

After American-Italian poet Dean Martin, I'd say...

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's the best they're going to feel all day. "

Guest Guest
Both Gerald and Betty Ford appeared quite well at the recent award ceremony. Betty Ford obviously has quite a bit of time left; in fact, I'd advise against placing her on for another 5 years, unless something unexpected (i.e. an Alzheimer's announcement, a stroke, etc.) happens. Despite her history of alcoholism and prescription drug abuse, I would not be surprised to see Betty Ford live well into her 90s, and possibly even make it to 100.

Should Mrs. Ford die first however, the ex prez would not last very long w/out her.

Should Mrs. Ford die first however, the ex prez would not last very long w/out her.

There is a respectable point, It also leans towards

Mr.Walter Cronkite. :angry:

She is still alive <_<

Former first lady to receive Ford Medal for public, private works

Makes me wonder why she's receiving this award now and didn't get it earlier seeing as all the things she's being honoured for were a while ago. Maybe she has a illness we dont know about?

Makes me wonder why she's receiving this award now and didn't get it earlier seeing as all the things she's being honoured for were a while ago. Maybe she has a illness we dont know about?

I swear that there's some "Awards Committee" out there who gives out awards to people whenever they feel like it. I see it happen all the time where someone who hasn't done anything in a decade gets some award that I've never heard of.

I see it happen all the time where someone who hasn't done anything in a decade gets some award that I've never heard of.

Can someone tip them off about me then - I haven't achieved anything for over 18 years and that was only a swimming race. <_<

Is this the first married couple waiting for the Reaper in the list?

Oi Mods! The man asked the above question on January 4th, how about a little customer service around here? My opinion would be the answer's yes, but what do I know? I haven't clocked up a year around here yet.

Guest iain

Betty Ford is fine..Gerald Ford is on his way out

Betty Ford is fine..Gerald Ford is on his way out

I'd say he's got another year to year and a half. Didn't think it imminent enough that I included him on 2006 DDP, although if he's around for 2007 he'll definetely be on there.

I think he'd make a fine addition to 2006 DL ranks though.

Guest Guest

Mrs Ford was hospitalized for routine testing this week.