Guest Goonish Grin

Norman Wisdom

Guest Goonish Grin

Just wondering if Norman Wisdom has been considered. I've been watching this one since the early '90s.

He's been on my list for the last 18 months. Is he practising for the octogenarian olympics or something?

Not that this is related to anything but...

How do they allocate the handicapped car parking spaces at the paraplegic Olympics?? :D

(A point for anyone who knows where I knicked this one from)

I've got Norman on a personal Deathlist this year but by the look of it the cheeky blighter is still more likely to be calling for Mr Grimshaw rather than Mr Grim-Reaper...... :D

Have we heard back from Norman's agent recently? He sent us an awfully shirty email a few years ago saying that his client was fighting fit (and available for Panto). We asked him to let us know if there was any deterioration in NW's condition.

Guest Theo

It was terrible. Anyway, the important bits: he seemed quite sprightly, but his speech was inaudable.

I also saw this report, but could find no word on failing health. Let's hope your hunch is correct!

DWB :D

I heard an interview on an English-Language Spanish radio station last week with Mr Wisdom and he sounded in good health - even sang his famous (apparently) song about being a fool and did a "Mr Grimsdale" for the DJ - he also wants to make a film, so I don't know that he is on his way out just yet.

Guest If I told you that...

I see Norman out quite a bit and he's very sprightly for his age. He's a flirtatious bugger too.

Do you live in Albania perchance?

If so, does everyone wear military hats at a jaunty angle and sport well-clipped mustaches?

thus...

Guest If I told you that...

No. Isle of Man I'm afraid. Love the pic of King Zog though.

Guest Lewis

Norman Wisdom.

Is this insider knowledge? Either way, I thought it belonged here - just because he's almost 90 doesn't mean he warrants 2 threads!

Guest Guest

Norman Wisdom is a relative of mine and I'd appreciate it if you didn't bet on his death. Thanks.

I'm sure we all appreciate your sentiments, but how many times do we have to say this - WE DON'T BET ON DEATHS!!!!!

Please read the intro to the Deathlist or any number of the other threads for further details and who knows, maybe you would then like to make a suggestion for next years list? Especially if you have some inside information on your relative...........

Guest One Man Jury
Norman Wisdom is a relative of mine and I'd appreciate it if you didn't bet on his death. Thanks.

Right Mr Grimsdale!

Guest Guest

Judging by the way he drives his 5 series BMW around the Isle of man, and is regularly seen out and about, I have a feeling that this position in the list will "bear no fruit" this year at least ?? :(

Judging by the way he drives his 5 series BMW around the Isle of man, and is regularly seen out and about, I have a feeling that this position in the list will "bear no fruit" this year at least ??  :o

Well that rather depends how he drives his 5 series BMW.

If he drives it like a twat then there's every chance he could oblige us. ;)

• Like 1

If he drives it like a twat then there's every chance he could oblige us.

Well everyone else on the Island does so if he doesn't oblige us someone else might .

Oh and I won't be guilty- I don't drive

• Like 1