Stayin Alive

Carry On Dying

14 minutes ago, drol said:

Yes, many cancer mums instead had a huge cultural impact. Everyone knows Sarah Hankins or Lisa Magill. Shut the fuck up.

I’m not saying that Hankins or Magill deserved their obits (they don’t), but I’m saying that since those two were never in the public eye that often or made a huge impact on today’s society, then they weren’t as likely to receive obits as one would’ve thought. 

4 hours ago, John Robinson said:

Carole Shelley, the actress who played Madame Morrible in the original broadway production of Wicked, has died aged 79 according to a post on twitter.

Cross-posting this here.

Carole Shelley gets a report in Broadway World. https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Carole-Shelley-Passes-Away-at-79-20180901

Was in Cabby and Regardless.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0791186/

IBDB: https://www.ibdb.com/broadway-cast-staff/carole-shelley-68735

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Cross-posting this here.

Spammer.

Just now, En Passant said:

Spammer.

Hardly.

This is the thread in which she is actually previously mentioned.

• Like 1

Ease down tiger, It's Saturday night, there's been fack all on here to have a go at for a while and I'm three sheets to the wind. It was a gag ok?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Ease down tiger, It's Saturday night, there's been fack all on here to have a go at for a while and I'm three sheets to the wind. It was a gag ok?

I know, but every step closer to a nonatwunt helps!

• Like 1

I've been avoiding that like the fuckin plague, but my lunatic posts have me close now. In my defence it's taken the better part of some 4 or 5 years. Even so, I'm a bit horrified.

• Like 1

Not at all.  This is the place where I expected to find the news of her demise.

• Like 1

Any appropriate thread...until it's the most appropriate thread? Ha!

I thought someone would beat me here tbh, which is why I went to the most appropriate thread for me, where I had created a list including Liz. There ya go.

Now, if the young lady would kindly stand at the board, the magician will now risk her life and limb, life and limb, ladies and gentlemen with these incredibly sharp knives.  Hup! Hup! Hup! :24087468:

(8)

Sheila Hancock fairly spry at 86 on Celebrity Gogglebox.

Screenshot_20190614-223539.thumb.png.4d47968bae06abc21e1aebabf1566099.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Looks like she's just seen the news that the Tories are polling fourth currently. :lol:

• Haha 2

There;s quite a  few Carry On actors and actresses this thread has missed over the past year including June Whitfield, Windsor Davies and Fenella Fielding !  Can't be long before Leslie Philips joins them surely ..

On 14/06/2019 at 22:32, Clorox Bleachman said:

Sheila Hancock was a guest panellist on this week's Just a Minute, and sounded a bit confused I thought - incorrectly buzzing in, obviously repeating words and blathering on about having her kitchen adapted so everything was in reach.   

She certainly didn't sound as alert as Nicholas Parsons, who poked fun at himself by wondering "if I've yet reached the midway point of my broadcasting career". 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Sheila Hancock was a guest panellist on this week's Just a Minute, and sounded a bit confused I thought - incorrectly buzzing in, obviously repeating words and blathering on about having her kitchen adapted so everything was in reach.   

She certainly didn't sound as alert as Nicholas Parsons, who poked fun at himself by wondering "if I've yet reached the midway point of my broadcasting career".

Gyles Brandreth is very helpful at keeping tabs on these veteran performers. He reported that Barry Carter said he wasn't sure how long he had left and would be chancing it buying a green banana.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

It was an odd episode all round I thought. Have Tony Hawkes and  Paul Merton fallen out, they seems oddly snappy with each other. I know that's  part of the game but it didn't seem like it was good humoured the way in normally does.

I think a few are fed up with Paul Merton & his antics which he hones to perfection as he appears in every show. A few months ago Sheila Hancock got snappy with him by saying something about him appearing in every show so it was no wonder that he did so well. Merton tried to diffuse the situation with humour by saying that he played it at home but Wendy Richard famously stopped appearing due to the way he performed & many feel that Nicholas Parsons is rather generous towards Merton. A couple of weeks ago when it was a 2 horse race in the last round between Merton & someone who had only appeared once before, Fred McCauley (?) gave a challenge with nothing to say which gave the speaker who was the one in contention with Merton an extra point which proved decisive. Merton moaned about the ethics of the game.

Carry on Cruising actor Vincent Ball is 96 today. 

Unknown-3.jpeg

12 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

British actress and Carry on legend Sylvia Syms turns 86 today. 

:birthday:

Future deathliest contender.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

British actress and Carry on legend Sylvia Syms turns 86 today. 

:birthday:

I think you're confusing her and Joan Sims.

• Haha 1