Stayin Alive

Carry On Dying

2 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

I think you're confusing her and Joan Sims.

Yeah, Sylvia Syms (a great actress) is more Ice Cold In Alex.

Sounds well enough doing the narration for Talking Pictures of late.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Yeah, Sylvia Syms (a great actress) is more Ice Cold In Alex.

Sounds well enough doing the narration for Talking Pictures of late.

Friend of Barbara Windsor who got her a couple of guest appearances in Eastenders.

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Friend of Barbara Windsor who got her a couple of guest appearances in Eastenders.

She also popped up in an episode of Gentlemen Jack last year.

• Like 1

Sylvia Sims is dead? That is big news ! 

edit- Seems I misinterpreted the previous posts. Sorry.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cat O'Falk said:

I think you're confusing her and Joan Sims.

Oops :o:ninja: Oh dear I think you are right!!Embarrassing!When I Instagram searched Sylvia Sims that picture with Sid James came up and I wrongly assumed Carry on!

• Haha 1

On 24/01/2005 at 16:45, Mortician said:

And the crowd goes wild, nearest miss of the year so far....

Pats'd it

How come all the obits back in 2005 said she was 71 but then Wiki claims she was 74. How was it exposed.

8 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

How come all the obits back in 2005 said she was 71 but then Wiki claims she was 74. How was it exposed.

From her Wiki talk page

The date of birth differs from the one at Find-A-Grave. Lincher 12:31, 23 March 2006 (UTC)
I've never seen anywhere else give her birth year as 1931. The 1934 date was the one given in all the obits I saw last year. Crisso 09:47, 27 March 2006 (UTC)
The death indexes, whose information is taken from each person's death certificate, state she was born in 1931. F W Nietzsche (talk) 22:29, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
Yep, 1931 is correct. Here's a transcribe of the Death index entry:

Name: ROWLANDS, Patricia Amy Registration district: [?] Brighton County: Sussex Year of registration: 2005 Month of registration: January Date of Birth: 19 January 1931 District no: 4521D Reg no: D14B Ent no: 078 DOR: 105

This would show this birth index entry to be the correct one.

Crisso (talk) 19:55, 21 November 2013 (UTC)

• Like 1

Wiki has actor Ivor Danvers as dying on the 13th March 2020 (no source)

More famous, arguably, for a five year stint in Howard's Way. But he also appeared in Carry on Sergeant, and there can't be many left from that film.

However I cannot find any mention at all that he has died. Can any of our super sleuths do so?

14 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

More famous, arguably, for a five year stint in Howard's Way. But he also appeared in Carry on Sergeant, and there can't be many left from that film.

However I cannot find any mention at all that he has died. Can any of our super sleuths do so?

Ivors former  Howards Way Costar Jan Harvey is active on Twitter if anybody is minded too or 'brave ' enough to tweet her and ask as I think she would either know if it is true or perhaps be able and willing to find out?

Also this guy is the son of actor Terence Frisby were he references the fact Ivor was his Dads oldest friend. I'm sure he would know too if Ivor has sadly died .

18 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Am afraid I can confirm it is true via his son. I thought Terence Frisby's son might know as Danvers was his godfather and sure enough...

Nice tribute to a fighter here imo.

EDIT - note for the search engine - Actor Ivor Danvers dead.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Post not relevant due to msc's insane detective work. 

What I will say is that is one of the nicest tributes I've read from a family member.  

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Am afraid I can confirm it is true via his son. I thought Terence Frisby's son might know as Danvers was his godfather and sure enough...

Nice tribute to a fighter here imo.

Great detective work thank you.

Good work msc. Sad news, but a lovely tribute. Shame yet another stalwart of British TV ignored by the media. 

According to this Lorna Henderson who had a small uncredited role in Carry On Teacher has died: https://www.britmovie.co.uk/forum/cinema/obituaries/91089-lorna-henderson-rip

Probably rather better known for playing Princess Fatima in The Belles Of St Trinians. Reunion reported on by the BBC some years ago: http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/content/articles/2008/04/07/st_trinians_reunion_feature.shtml

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

According to this Lorna Henderson who had a small uncredited role in Carry On Teacher has died: https://www.britmovie.co.uk/forum/cinema/obituaries/91089-lorna-henderson-rip

Probably rather better known for playing Princess Fatima in The Belles Of St Trinians. Reunion reported on by the BBC some years ago: http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/content/articles/2008/04/07/st_trinians_reunion_feature.shtml

Good find Will.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Good find Will.

Good Willz Hunting was right there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If they ever try to revive this film series, they may like to base the film on this quote from the National Audit Office concerning the new aircraft carriers being built for the Royal Navy. 'The National Audit Office highlighted concerns over missing key elements such as aircraft and support ships.'  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53186611

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 17:35, Wee Jum said:

The last Carry on film (Carry on Columbus) was made in 1992, I am surprised at the number of people from that franchise that are still alive.  Here is a list of the ones that I can find info on :-

OTHER RECURRING CAST MEMBERS

Margaret Nolan - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Nolan

Margaret Nolan reportedly dead:

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0634318/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 02/03/2008 at 23:29, Guest T Scott Esq. said:

June looking smokin' on the South Bank Show tonight. Estimated year of death: 2018.

How spookily spot on was this prediction? Assuming it wasn't edited after 2018...

Babs now gone. Who’s keeping a list on here? 

I know Judy and Sally Geeson. They’re both in good health. I reckon they’ll be around for quite a while yet, along with the likes of Sherrie Hewson.

Leslie Phillips and Richard O’Sullivan are surely next to go?

16 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Babs now gone. Who’s keeping a list on here? 

I know Judy and Sally Geeson. They’re both in good health. I reckon they’ll be around for quite a while yet, along with the likes of Sherrie Hewson.

Leslie Phillips and Richard O’Sullivan are surely next to go?

Either them or  Kenneth Cope  and Bernard Cribbins probably.

• Like 2

Leslie Phillips and Jim Dale are the only 2 surviving actors who were in at least 4 Carry On films in major roles . Phillips is now by far and away the longest lived  of all the main Carry in stars. How long will he go on??????????

• Like 1

What about Ray Brooks who played the bartender in Carry On Abroad?

82 next year and his last role was also in Eastenders (13 years ago) 

He's well known for other stuff mainly like Mr Benn, Big Deal etc but may be considered too young and with no word on his condition the committee may cast his inclusion aside.