Stayin Alive

Carry On Dying

Guest iain
I think Patsy Rowlands Carry On CV is my favorite, with the "Abroad/Girls/Dick/Behind" credit.

Patsy Rowlands died on january 22.Your the kiss of death so you are!

Valerie Leon's still going strong.

Not exactly a star of the Carry On's, but she was in a few- Up The Jungle & Girls, off the top of my head.

And on a purely chauvanistic, shallow note, she had a fantastic set of norks to boot.

Probably not much to look at now mind, but there you go.

At a guess I would say that Leslie Phillips will not go in 2006. Looks very healthy, but then again Bob Monkhouse looked perfectly healthy.

This thread reminds me- There is a woman I keep on seeing on the train from Victoria to streatham common. Grey hair in a bob cut, was in couple of carry on films, always played a stupid cockney, Lorraine Chase type before Lorraine Chase if you see what I mean. can anyone give me the name?

Joan Sims? Im probably completely wrong.

Infact, i am, just checked. she died in 2001. Silly old Cuppa.

At a guess I would say that Leslie Phillips will not go in 2006. Looks very healthy, but then again Bob Monkhouse looked perfectly healthy.

This thread reminds me- There is a woman I keep on seeing on the train from Victoria to streatham common. Grey hair in a bob cut, was in couple of carry on films, always played a stupid cockney, Lorraine Chase type before Lorraine Chase if you see what I mean. can anyone give me the name?

Joan Sims? Im probably completely wrong.

Infact, i am, just checked. she died in 2001. Silly old Cuppa.

Died in 2001, sadly, after an operation.

Ah, the wonders of editing- just ignore me!!

Still with us main ones I can think of (with films) plus the ones above.

Bernard Cribbins (Carry on Jack/Spying)

Juliet Mills (Carry on Jack)

Dora Bryan (Carry on Sergeant)

Leslie Philips (Carry on Teacher/Constable)

Shirley Eaton (Carry on Teacher/Nurse/Sergeant/Constable))

Liz Fraser (Carry on Cruising/Cabby)

Dilys Laye (Carry on Cruising/Spying/Camping)

Amanda Barrie (Carry on Cleo)

Sheila Hancock (Carry on Cleo)

Angela Douglas (Carry on Screaming/Follow that Camel/Cowboy/Up the Khyber)

Anita Harris (Carry on Doctor/Follow Tha Camel)

Richard O'Callaghan (Carry on at your Convienece/Loving)

Patsy Rowlands (Carry on Again Doctor/Henry/Loving/Convienece/Matron/Abroad/Girls/Dick/Behind)

Jackie Piper (Carry on Up the Jungle/Loving/Convenience/Matron)

Okay, let's get even more obscure- here's some other oldies still clinging to life who've had parts in Carry Ons:

Vincent Ball- Oz actor who was in A Town Like Alice. He was the keep fit instructor making the girls go weak at the knees in Carry On Cruising & also, in Follow That Camel, he's the ship's officer who checks Lady Ponsonby's porthole. He's a grand 83 years old this year.

Windsor Davies- The It Ain't Half Hot Mum star was in Carry On Behind & England & is an impressive 76 this year.

Peter Gilmore- The Onedin Line thesp was in Follow that Camel, Don't Lose Your Head & Henry. 75 this year.

Carol Hawkins- The sexy babe from Please Sir was in Abroad & Behind. 57 this year.

Julian Holloway- Son of Stanley. Was in 3 Carry Ons, but we all remember him as the coach driver who accidentally rips Bab's nightie off in Carry On Camping. He's 62 this year &, rather brilliantly, did some voices for the Medal of Honor:European Assault video game.

Anton Rodgers- The bespectacled bloke from TV's Fresh Fields 'sitcom', he was a young passenger in Cruising & in Jack he was the recipient of Nelson's deathbed proposition. Anyway, he's a grand 73 this year.

Elke Sommer- The Russian archaeologist in Carry On Behind & one of my first solitary sexual experiences. Ahem. She's a sprightly 66 this year.

But this is the one & I'm putting him on my list for 2006!

Frank Thornton- Most famous for being Captain Peacock in Are You Being Served. He also played the shop assistant in Carry On Screaming who refuses to believe his window dummies are real women.

Well, I refuse to believe that, at a grand old 85, Frank's coffin dodging can go on for much longer!

I'm struggling to shake off the image of Mrs Ponsonby's porthole. For Frank Thornton can I refer you to the Mollie Sugden thread where he has already been discussed among other things. You're bound to find it fascinating.

Brinsworth Baiter: I think Lance Percival - 72 years old - is still alive. Checked out his IMDB listing a while back. For such a posh and well-connected individual his filmography is almost wall to wall tack. But he's still breathing.

Patsy Rowlands (Carry on Again Doctor/Henry/Loving/Convienece/Matron/Abroad/Girls/Dick/Behind)

Okay, let's get even more obscure- here's some other oldies still clinging to life who've had parts in Carry Ons:

Vincent Ball- Oz actor who was in A Town Like Alice. He was the keep fit instructor making the girls go weak at the knees in Carry On Cruising & also, in Follow That Camel, he's the ship's officer who checks Lady Ponsonby's porthole. He's a grand 83 years old this year.

Windsor Davies- The It Ain't Half Hot Mum star was in Carry On Behind & England & is an impressive 76 this year.

Peter Gilmore- The Onedin Line thesp was in Follow that Camel, Don't Lose Your Head & Henry. 75 this year.

Carol Hawkins- The sexy babe from Please Sir was in Abroad & Behind. 57 this year.

Julian Holloway- Son of Stanley. Was in 3 Carry Ons, but we all remember him as the coach driver who accidentally rips Bab's nightie off in Carry On Camping. He's 62 this year &, rather brilliantly, did some voices for the Medal of Honor:European Assault video game.

Anton Rodgers- The bespectacled bloke from TV's Fresh Fields 'sitcom', he was a young passenger in Cruising & in Jack he was the recipient of Nelson's deathbed proposition. Anyway, he's a grand 73 this year.

Elke Sommer- The Russian archaeologist in Carry On Behind & one of my first solitary sexual experiences. Ahem. She's a sprightly 66 this year.

Frank Thornton- Most famous for being Captain Peacock in Are You Being Served. He also played the shop assistant in Carry On Screaming who refuses to believe his window dummies are real women.

Well, I refuse to believe that, at a grand old 85, Frank's coffin dodging can go on for much longer!

Whatever happens please don't forget Richard O'Sullivan (Carry-on Teacher)

Marianne Stone . In quite a few carry ons, more in the background but nearly had a line or two. Dont know how old but she has got to be getting on now.

Think she is the mother of the disgraced X capital radio, X heart fm presenter Cara Noble

What about the most important "Carry On" person,

Peter Rogers, who was the producer for every one of them,

including the new one "Carry on London" which is currently in post production.

Peter Rogers is "Carry On", he'll also be 92 in February, a far better bet than all the others.

Whatever happens please don't forget Richard O'Sullivan (Carry-on Teacher)

Lol, Oh, I will NEVER forget Dicky O.

Blimey, really? Why didn't someone mention it sooner.........

I knew if I left it long enough someone would spare me the trouble.

Thank you.

Not exactly a star of the Carry On's, but she was in a few- Up The Jungle & Girls, off the top of my head.

And on a purely chauvanistic, shallow note, she had a fantastic set of norks to boot.

valerie%20leon%20series%201.jpg

Indeed, but I wouldn't boot them.

valerie%20leon%20series%201.jpg

Indeed, but I wouldn't boot them.

May one inquire what your particular prediliction would be?

Guest Only Me!

73 today. Still going strong but who knows what might happen in the next 11 months!

73 today. Still going strong but who knows what might happen in the next 11 months!

Took a bit longer than 11 months but he's another one to add the "dead".

To add to the still alive there's writer Norman Hudis, 85 this year and director Peter Rogers as mentioned earlier is still going strong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Hudis

Alan Hume - Director of Photography extrordinaire will be 84 this year.

John Bluthal - Spying/Follow That Camel/Henry is 79 in 2008.

Terence Longdon - Sergeant/Nurse/Constable/Regardless is getting on a bit too.

The aforementioned Marianne Stone will be 86 this year I think - she'll definitely get an obit as she seemingly appeared in every British film ever made during the 50s and 60s.

Guest T Scott Esq.
How about June Whitfield....

Terry's be waiting all these years and she's been flogging the old bury me insurance plans for ages....

June's Bio

June looking smokin' on the South Bank Show tonight. Estimated year of death: 2018.

Guest davidbenson

Hello. This is my first posting.

I would like to draw your attention to Peter Rogers, the 94-year old producer of the entire Carry On canon. At the recent 50th Anniversary celebrations at Pinewood Studios he appeared to be going strong and was fiercely independent, shrugging off attempts to help him on staircases.

However he did allegedly fall in full view of the celebrants causing gasps and concerns for his health.

Just thought you should know.

Welcome David.

I'm assuming you're not the David Benson!

Guest Guest_davidbenson_*
I'm assuming you're not the David Benson!

No, I'm "a" David Benson. There are lot of us out there. But I am the one who does a show about Kenneth Williams, yes. One of my other shows is called Haunted Stage and is about death, one of my favourite subjects of contemplation. I refuse to believe that I will die but am very interested in the way others keep doing so.

posts moved to existing Carry On thread - LG

Edited by Notapotato