Dying Probably

Jiang Zemin

Jiang Zemin is a member of the committee presiding over the CCP Congress which starts tomorrow. Song Ping and Zhu Rongji are also there.

Very likely some of them will show up tomorrow.

• Like 2

Jiang Zemin and Zhu Rongji fail to attend the congress opening due to ill health.

Of course Song Ping is there.

ac_cpc_161022.jpg?VersionId=DCEyKOLwZezGHqntCw7zCh6pzzl1xsH1&itok=1XdwXvDc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drol said:

Jiang Zemin and Zhu Rongji fail to attend the congress opening due to ill health.

Of course Song Ping is there.

ac_cpc_161022.jpg?VersionId=DCEyKOLwZezGHqntCw7zCh6pzzl1xsH1&itok=1XdwXvDc

Iirc Ping doesn't like Xinping much? He could have died five years ago and he'd still attend.

Li Ruihuan, former Chairman of the National Committee was there. Now 88 and seems like he's lost his mouth somewhere. Refused to applaud Xi:

ruihuan.jpg.c996ef7c4f5f41d77862ef169342165e.jpg

There were "18 veterans" according to RFA. Four failed to attend, the others being Rongji's Vice Premier, former Chairman of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress Wu Bangguo and ex politburo member Luo Gan.

I wonder what Rongji's illness actually is. Hasn't he been reported ill multiple times in the past? He also spent his birthday a few years ago in a hospital yet he doesn't seem to look that frail in pictures. But constantly fails to attend events like this.

Also, Hu Jintao was there and people say he looked quite frail, here's a picture and a quote from one article:

jintao.jpg.4e34d2e2f1f46f656167e6ec9d34317a.jpg

The 79-year-old Hu Jintao, with white hair and sunken cheeks, is noticeably thin. Compared with last year's 100th anniversary of the Communist Party of China, when he appeared in Tiananmen Square, Hu Jintao did not need any support to enter the venue.

Zhu Rongji reportedly suffers from Parkinson's. The decline was pretty swift as he was able to walk unaided in 2016. He has spent the last three years in hospital, but appears to be still sound of mind.

Luo Gan has been seriously ill for years as he also failed to attend the congress in 2017. I'm surprised about Wu Bangguo, who may be ill too now. Li Lanqing was present. Any available picture of him?

It really seems a whole generation is slowly fading.

19 minutes ago, drol said:

Zhu Rongji reportedly suffers from Parkinson's. The decline was pretty swift as he was able to walk unaided in 2016. He has spent the last three years in hospital, but appears to be still sound of mind.

Luo Gan has been seriously ill for years as he also failed to attend the congress in 2017. I'm surprised about Wu Bangguo, who may be ill too now. Li Lanqing was present. Any available picture of him?

It really seems a whole generation is slowly fading.

Here's some pictures of the front row guys who attended:

picture1.thumb.png.9ed49341fc8f4848c735d4482ed14318.png

picture2.thumb.png.efcd758e3fee0b37de5c6baaa944162c.png

And here's a video of them.

There's a frail-looking PLA General at the start, I wonder who that is. Next to Song Ping is Jintao's VP Zeng Qinghong who was probably also the guy who sat next to Song Ping in July 2021. Jintao himself looks a bit frail, also rumored to have parkinson's or something similar.

• Like 1

Li Lanqing is at 0:25.

• Like 1

Rumour mill in full flow that he's copped it and an announcement is imminent.

"4 more years, 4 more years..."

• Angry 1

Admitting this is substantiated, it could also be Zhu Rongji.

Utter bullshit at this point. And not more clever than the usual one. How do you know "apps are preparing to turn grey?" Fucking cunt.

Probably fake news yes but also, it’s actually 10:30pm in China so I think they would have to wait until the morning if he were to be really dead. 
Wonder why death hoax happened that much lately (Jimmy Carter, Joni Mitchell, now him…) can it be a jumping of the gun as for JLL ? 

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Probably fake news yes but also, it’s actually 10:30pm in China so I think they would have to wait until the morning if he were to be really dead. 
Wonder why death hoax happened that much lately (Jimmy Carter, Joni Mitchell, now him…) can it be a jumping of the gun as for JLL

Nope.

• Haha 1

Deathlist expert Cecilia Bartholomew is on it so it must be pretty accurate of course 

• Haha 6

Well if Iain says it then it must be true 

• Haha 1

Would there be any reason for the Chinese government to hide his ill-health or death? 

26 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

Would there be any reason for the Chinese government to hide his ill-health or death? 

I don't think so. 

From what I understand currently is that there are baseless rumors that some Chinese leader COULD be very ill/dead and due to this apps COULD be "preparing to turn grey". In addition people on social media have seemingly made up that it's Jiang Zemin and he's dead.

Lots of these theories are spread by a weird group of Chinese-speaking conspiracy theorists on the internet who make up all kinds of Game of Thrones-like stories about how the octogenarian and nonagenarian Chinese politicians are constantly plotting to kill each other.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, arghton said:

I don't think so. 

From what I understand currently is that there are baseless rumors that some Chinese leader COULD be very ill/dead and due to this apps COULD be "preparing to turn grey". In addition people on social media have seemingly made up that it's Jiang Zemin and he's dead.

Lots of these theories are spread by a weird group of Chinese-speaking conspiracy theorists on the internet who make up all kinds of Game of Thrones-like stories about how the octogenarian and nonagenarian Chinese politicians are constantly plotting to kill each other.

If a chinese leader were to be dying, it could also well be Hu Jintao or Song Ping. Let’s see if something comes out tomorrow, I usually tend to believe there’s no smoke without fire but I’m getting used to death hoax 

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Deathlist expert Cecilia Bartholomew is on it so it must be pretty accurate of course 

"But by today's standards he is a freedom loving liberal"

Bruh. What??????

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, MortalCaso said:

Nope. And the above is all bullshit generated by Falun Gong, Epoch Times, Secret China, exc, who waste their lives making up fake news about Jiang Zemin. Twitter is not available in China, unless you use a VPN, so it is statistically impossible that a prominent death gets on Twitter before the official announcement. The original source of this is a Chinese Republican expat in America, with zero reliability at all. If you read twatter the days of the CCP congress you would have found reports Jiang was "shot outside his home in Shanghai" and other bullshit.

I just concede deaths of PMs and presidents are usually leaked by Taiwan media before the official announcement (see Li Peng). Taiwan/HK media have been dreadfully quiet on this, so it is yet another stupid baseless hoax.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

missed that but turned out to be quite funny now. Why all these late rumors about him ? 

• Like 4

Leukemia and multiple organ failure. I assume the leukemia was the reason for these months of speculation.

• Like 1

15 minutes now, has drol died out of shock?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2