Man About The Forum

James Lovelock

I think scientists have their own thread..

Borys Paton, Pres of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine for nearly 60 years, probably deserves his own thread if Lovelock has one - plus he is nearly 102...

6 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

I think scientists have their own thread..

Borys Paton, Pres of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine for nearly 60 years, probably deserves his own thread if Lovelock has one - plus he is nearly 102...

There is a thread for scientists but speaking as a scientist Lovelock is one of the few who would be recognisable outside of the science field. James Watson is the other one and he actually looks worse than Lovelock atm.

• Like 3

The legend Lovelock has his own thread, @Bibliogryphon.

I'll fight anyone who says the Gaia theorist, the guy who said global warming was going to be a thing before everyone (bar LFN of course) was even born,  doesn't deserve his own thread. And by fight, I mean "passive aggressively post a face palm emoticon reaction on their post" of course.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

The legend Lovelock has his own thread, @Bibliogryphon.

I'll fight anyone who says the Gaia theorist, the guy who said global warming was going to be a thing before everyone (bar LFN of course) was even born,  doesn't deserve his own thread. And by fight, I mean "passive aggressively post a face palm emoticon reaction on their post" of course.

Like Johnny Vegas turning on a heckling John Lydon..."I will defeat you with love!"

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/jul/18/james-lovelock-the-biosphere-and-i-are-both-in-the-last-1-per-cent-of-our-lives

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, InquilineKea said:

From the article he still goes for a 2 or 3 mile walk most days with his wife at 101.

Captain Tom raised £33m walking 250 metres a day for 10 days at 99. Massively overhyped. (God I’m never going to get over the fuss made about Captain Tom - I need counselling).

• Like 1

Italian media reporting that he has died (either today or yesterday, which was his 103rd birthday).

Anyway, RIP blah blah blah but DDP points on their way…

PS… should’ve been on the list!

• Like 6
  • Sad 6

45 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Italian media reporting that he has died (either today or yesterday, which was his 103rd birthday).

Anyway, RIP blah blah blah but DDP points on their way…

PS… should’ve been on the list!

Eligible for Party Pooper bonus

Screenshot 2022-07-27 144200.png

Another successful pick for the committee …… no …. wait …. The committee didn’t pick him :facepalm: …….. Ah well ;) can’t win them all.

• Haha 1

Didn't think James Watson would outlive him.

• Like 1