Sign in to follow this  
Bury The Bastard

James Brown

I feel dead, I knew that I would now. :( At least he can get the ten dollars back he lent to Elvis in 1965 now.

Yeah...that's presuming Elvis is really dead of course. <_<

Yep, it'll be a bit of a bummer for James if that turn out to be true

I'm sure that with James Brown dead, Elvis will come out of exile now that his debt of $10 has been cancelled... :(

In honour of his demise, we listened to James Brown's Funky Christmas this evening, which is (quite shockingly) owned by my sister. Unfortunately, his death didn't change the fact that it is genuinely a rubbish Christmas album. However, tribute was payed nonetheless.

RIP James :(

I'm sure that with James Brown dead, Elvis will come out of exile now that his debt of $10 has been cancelled... :(

James Brown had the most number of albums after Elvis Presley. Elvis didn't come out of exile when his daughter married Michael Jackson and if anything would bring him out of hiding you would think that would be it! So I think it is highly unlikely that he will now because of this. He will come out of exile IF and when he is ready. He certainly had the means AND motive to fake his own death. I'm not one of those to just swallow blindly everything I hear on tv or read in the media. I'm expecting a BIG announcement on August 16th 2007! Will he come out of hiding on the 30th anniversary of his alleged death? We will see! <_<

I was wathcing the news Sunday night and they said he was in the hospital for pneumonia but that he was still excpecting to perform on New Year's Eve......has that event been cancelled?

The Godfather of soul, James Brown is dead :(

The Godfather of soul, in a hole! :P

rest in peace

heavens got barry white, luther vandross and now james brown

not fair :(

bet there having a great party up there now

rest in peace

heavens got barry white, luther vandross and now james brown

not fair :(

bet there having a great party up there now

they're not having any parties they are dead. i had a party on christmas. James Brown came in #6 for me 2006. Get on up!

....Dying in America... :(

Guest Guest

James Brown Died...

Edited by Magere Hein

Brown croaked on Christmas. Well from a source I heard he expected alot of his red headed wife Mrs.Brown.

Everyday.

Brown croaked on Christmas. Well from a source I heard he expected alot of his red headed wife Mrs.Brown.

Everyday.

I saw him support the Chili Peppers two years ago and after seeing him shaking his thang, I'd have given him another 10yrs at least! Very sad. :banghead:

Funeral, with a rare public appearance from Wacko Jacko, how much longer till they're duetting?

The band's gannin' on, from Rolling Stone today:

JAMES BROWN'S BAND VOWS TO KEEP THE FUNK ALIVE

THE SOUL GENERALS, JAMES BROWN's eleven-piece band, have announced a possible February tour. The group has not yet determined whether it will seek to replace Brown with a lead vocalist or split up the singing duties among its current members

Although this sounds like a bad movie title, like "They saved Hitler's Brain", apparently this story is all true.

Ladies and gentlemen, James Brown's body has not been buried!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7010901522.html

It's almost as creepy as when they were all dancing around his open casket at the funeral service.

The band's gannin' on, from Rolling Stone today:

JAMES BROWN'S BAND VOWS TO KEEP THE FUNK ALIVE

THE SOUL GENERALS, JAMES BROWN's eleven-piece band, have announced a possible February tour. The group has not yet determined whether it will seek to replace Brown with a lead vocalist or split up the singing duties among its current members

If they haven't buried him by then the band can take him along. Sort of like a Weekend at Bernies theme.

Although this sounds like a bad movie title, like "They saved Hitler's Brain", apparently this story is all true.

Ladies and gentlemen, James Brown's body has not been buried!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7010901522.html

From the article

Meanwhile, a woman who claims Brown raped her nearly 20 years ago said Tuesday she will continue her lawsuit...."As a rape victim, I will never get to face him in court, and it hurts," she said.

Still an outside chance she might...

If you want to take the bait, Rolling Stone have the best coverage, apparantly:

JAMES BROWN'S BODY STILL STUCK IN SOUTH CAROLINA

Continuing negotiations between JAMES BROWN's children and a team of lawyers are keeping the soul man's body from finding a final resting place. What's the nature of the beef? Find out at Rock Daily.

Incidentally, who else now could legitimately claim to be the hardest working man in show business? I'd plump for the UK's inveterate gigger John Otway.