Sign in to follow this  
Bury The Bastard

James Brown

Reports today say a 'secret location' is now arranged as a compromise to the rows about where to bury the still frozen remains. I predict another riot of accusation and counter-accusation as someone spills the beans on where he is and everyone blames everyone else for leaking the details.

Reports today say a 'secret location' is now arranged as a compromise to the rows about where to bury the still frozen remains. I predict another riot of accusation and counter-accusation as someone spills the beans on where he is and everyone blames everyone else for leaking the details.

Frozen remains!

I know James is cool but I didn't know he was that cool! :lol:

Still not buried.

Bit of a waste mind, he's been above ground for damn near three months now. Why not send his remains on tour? It's what the hardest working man would want!

Still not buried.

Perhaps they're waiting for him to 'Get On Up'

Please accept my apologies in advance for the groans this creates, but it's been a long week...

Still not buried.

Bit of a waste mind, he's been above ground for damn near three months now. Why not send his remains on tour? It's what the hardest working man would want!

James Brown laid to rest in temporary tomb

James Brown's body is 'missing from its crypt'.

Are we quite sure he really is dead?

James Brown's body is 'missing from its crypt'.

Are we quite sure he really is dead?

Some people will do anything to get their name in the headline.

Why can't these stupid bastards accept that just sometime people die of natural causes without unnecessary drama?

Finally saw the excellent biopic - produced by Mick Jagger (which is some karma adjusted back considering Jagger nicked his act) - and checked out the current status of some of Brown's backing musicians.

The drumming legend Clyde Stubblefield remains alive and highly obitable.

Wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clyde_Stubblefield

Thirteen years later, Atlanta prosecutors have new (?) testimonial evidence may look into Brown’s death as a murder.

SC

On 24/09/2021 at 21:01, ObakeFilter said:

Alfred "Pee Wee" Ellis, a pioneering funk musician and bandleader for the James Brown band during its most popular period, died on Sept. 23 at age 80.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/alfred-pee-wee-ellis-dead/

For those baffled by the criteria for an obit in a UK newspaper, remain baffled as Pee Wee Ellis gets a Times Obit: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/pee-wee-ellis-obituary-7cv6t2zkc

• Like 1

On 13/09/2007 at 11:32, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Soul star and James Brown collaborator Bobby Byrd has departed. I guess he's probably best known for his I Know You Got Soul being sampled by Eric B and Rakim and others.

Vicki Anderson, according to Brown himself his best female vocalist who married the above named Bobby Byrd reportedly dead: https://www.clashmusic.com/news/vicki-anderson-has-died-cause-of-death/

She was the mother of UK chart hitmaker Carleen Anderson.

Here's the much sampled Message From The Soul Sister

• Like 2