Lord Fellatio Nelson

14. James Whale

Has anybody posted about James Whales cancer diagnosis?

Ok, you have....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Has anybody posted about James Whales cancer diagnosis?

Ok, you have....

Nope, this is the first I heard! Link below

Cancer in the brain, lungs, bones and kidneys. Sounds a bit fucked.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/12419262/james-whale-fighting-cancer/

• Like 1

Just now, The Old Crem said:

I think he will be doing well if he makes the starting line for DDP 2021.

Dead or Drop 40 with no middle ground, imo.

• Like 2

IMO he deserves his own thread considering we can expect him to keep us up to date on his illness, with over 70k tweets and an interview scheduled for tomorrow the guy never shuts up. Quite a well known figure in UK radio and turned out to be a decent guy in CBB.

But I don't fancy mopping up the tears of the thread purists by making it myself :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Perhaps said:

IMO he deserves his own thread considering we can expect him to keep us up to date on his illness, with over 70k tweets and an interview scheduled for tomorrow the guy never shuts up. Quite a well known figure in UK radio and turned out to be a decent guy in CBB.

But I don't fancy mopping up the tears of the thread purists by making it myself :rolleyes:

I'll take one for the team then, as I haven't opened a thread in t'donkleys' years. I'll still look innocent once a mod moves the above few posts in there.

All I remember about him is that he's possibly even more irritating than Danny Baker and that he's got the same name as a horror movie director from the black and white era.

(Edit: thanks whichever mod/admin moved the posts here xx. Probably DI)

Even as a kid obsessed with recording everything late-night TV in the mid 90s, The James Whale Show was a step too far. Let's pick a random episode and see what I missed:

Caravans and a pre-Conservative MP Louise Mensch, plus lots of women in bras. Fantastic.

Looks like next year's "random globally unknown british person" on the DeathList has been found.

I suppose you could say James has had a Whale of his time while he has lasted in his soon to be cut short life span  

1 minute ago, Steve said:

I suppose you could say James has had a Whale of his time while he has lasted in his soon to be cut short life span  

Or he's got a whale lot of cancer in his body

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve said:

Yeah, he had a Whale of a time. Whether it be being sacked and fined for breaching impartiality by urging his listeners to vote for Boris Johnson or suspended for months by the already poisonous TalkRadio for being horrendously insensitive in an interview with a rape victim, he was always at his best.

He has cancer coming out the blowhole by the sound of it

The British equivalent of Rush Limbaugh in every way. Might be good to do a poll as to who goes first. 

14 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

The British equivalent of Rush Limbaugh in every way. Might be good to do a poll as to who goes first. 

Rush Limbaugh has been given 5 years since his diagnosis, Mr Whale looks like hes not gonna survive the year if he's got cancer thats spread over his body. 

We had his night-time radio show piped in the factory I worked in back in the 1990s, great music and great chat.

I kinda grew up watching James Whale on tv then listening to his radio show.I don't mind saying I'm quite upset about this.I hope he can pull through,but realistically this is the end.Poor bugger.Maybe he's better off gone now his wife has died.:(

I never watched his TV show, but a friend of mine went into labour while watching it.

That's all I know about it.

This particular whale won't be spouting for much longer, and I'm sure his fans will be blubbering once he passes on.

• Like 1

I note that James Whale‘s interview with Shirley Phelps of the Westboro Baptist Church isn’t on YouTube.

I have it on my iTunes and really must upload it. It’s the funniest half hour of radio you’ll ever listen to.

Off sick all week and changing medication as his tumours are getting bigger. :skull:

15 hours ago, msc said:

Off sick all week and changing medication as his tumours are getting bigger. :skull:

Not looking good.How long do you think he's got ? :( Just realised he took part in the same series of Celebrity BB as Heavy D aka Colin Newall who died this week.

On 17/08/2020 at 14:06, Deathrace said:

As far as I know Whale has never had a painkiller addiction or slut-shamed women asking for free contraceptives. Whale may be mildly obnoxious but Limbaugh is an absolute cunt.

C’mon James, only need to hang in there for just under 5 weeks to make the starting line...

• Like 3

If Whale does buy the farm, I wonder what will happen to his sidekick Ash Gould who I have always found far more annoying than Whale? 

• Like 1