Lord Fellatio Nelson

14. James Whale

I'm not from the UK, so I didn't know him, haven't been on this website for a long time, and I'm a movie fan...

My first reaction was: Isn't there even a movie about his death with Ian McKellen sinking in the swimming pool? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pbert said:

I'm not from the UK, so I didn't know him, haven't been on this website for a long time, and I'm a movie fan...

My first reaction was: Isn't there even a movie about his death with Ian McKellen sinking in the swimming pool? 

But, mate, really, don't worry about this James Whale... you're not alone, I thought of something like that.

I'm still trying to figure out who the hell he is. :lol:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

He's a pound shop Howard Stern

Dollar shop for our overseas readers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Arsewipe said:

Dollar shop for our overseas readers.

You clearly haven't noticed where Youth in Asia lives.

Hint:  the clue is in the name.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I Only know him from Celebrity Big Brother, extremely annoying on that show

• Like 2

On 31/03/2022 at 13:28, Philip said:

I Only know him from Celebrity Big Brother, extremely annoying on that show

Everyone is annoying on that show

• Like 4

71 today. Still looking well, his programme is now being simulcast on TalkTV every Thursday-Saturday. 

• Like 2

James Whale just walked off his own show and tried to throw one of his guests out. Looks healthy though.

• Like 2

Seems to be gaining a lot of weight in his latest twitter videos. Upped the steroids? Is he Gary Burgessing?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

eco loons

Hardly. The entire world is going to be fucked and sooner rather than later because of what they are protesting about. I don't like that it's always ordinary people that are inconvenienced by their actions, but governments are doing way to little.

I know this isn't the place, nor what you meant really. But it galls me, they aren't loons at all and in my view are far more clear sighted than some of the rest of us, myself included, I've thought about it and done nothing and I've never been on so much as a protest march to the local pub.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Hardly. The entire world is going to be fucked and sooner rather than later because of what they are protesting about. I don't like that it's always ordinary people that are inconvenienced by their actions, but governments are doing way to little.

I know this isn't the place, nor what you meant really. But it galls me, they aren't loons at all and in my view are far more clear sighted than some of the rest of us, myself included, I've thought about it and done nothing and I've never been on so much as a protest march to the local pub.

Nah, @Sean is quite right. They're total loons. If you go onto the Just Stop Oil page on Twitter then click on the profiles of their top activists, you see from their own bios that they describe themselves as far left/communist/anarchist and want a revolution. They're genuinely nuts and their "climate armageddon is now" nonsense is pseudo science. It's not widely accepted amongst the scientific community.

I'd have their organisation banned. The Home Office did it with Islam4UK. I don't see the difference. Both forms of domestic terrorism. If you block an ambulance taking a critical patient to the hospital and they die, that's terrorism. No doubt. The Government need to get tougher on them.

• Like 2

I'm not interested in their politics outside climate change. More

A: You only need to look at the shortfalls at cop 27 to see that not enough is being done, particularly by rich nations primarily the US but also the UK. See the pm of Barbados on the subject...

B: Poll tax riots.....

I'll go this far. They may be loons, but not about climate change or Big Oil, which is what they are protesting about here so far as most of us are concerned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I don't see the difference.

Then you and I will not agree about quite a number of things it seems Uli. :lol:

9 minutes ago, En Passant said:

They need to go where the power is.Disrupting ordinary peoples lives and endangering people will turn people away from an important issue.Protest those in power by all means but don't be a coward and go for easy targets like the general public who need medical treatment  or to make a living and try and put food on their families table which is becoming increasingly difficult.You need to win hearts and minds and they are doing neither.What good for the environment are they doing? They are just passing off regular people and damaging their cause.Go after those who wield power not cancer patients who have no say on policy.Go protest politicians and let people get their treatment and earn the money most desperately need.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Nah, @Sean is quite right. They're total loons. If you go onto the Just Stop Oil page on Twitter then click on the profiles of their top activists, you see from their own bios that they describe themselves as far left/communist/anarchist and want a revolution. They're genuinely nuts and their "climate armageddon is now" nonsense is pseudo science. It's not widely accepted amongst the scientific community.

I'd have their organisation banned. The Home Office did it with Islam4UK. I don't see the difference. Both forms of domestic terrorism. If you block an ambulance taking a critical patient to the hospital and they die, that's terrorism. No doubt. The Government need to get tougher on them.

Stopping ambulances or people getting to urgent appointments should be classed as manslaughter if they die from it.

• Like 3

Just now, Sean said:

the general public who need medical treatment 

I don't like this any more than you do, but that's not the target. Any form of protest march almost anywhere is going to cause disruption to traffic. 

And protesting at the 'seats of power' simply doesn't work. 

Anyway, as I said, this isn't the place. But what they are protesting about isn't lunacy - that's all.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, En Passant said:

I don't like this any more than you do, but that's not the target. Any form of protest march almost anywhere is going to cause disruption to traffic. 

And protesting at the 'seats of power' simply doesn't work. 

Anyway, as I said, this isn't the place. But what they are protesting about isn't lunacy - that's all.

No but the methods and behaviour constitute lunacy.Say you  someone who is on the fence about supporting their message but then they block your parent or child getting cancer treatment.You will be so angry  you will distance yourself from that.

Also by targeting innocent folk they give the government the incentive to side with the majority of pissed off citizens and marginalise their own viewpoints.By being so anti social they make government crackdowns on protest and public support for doing so nearly inevitable.

• Like 1

This is like that old dilemma about the 5 workers v the 1 on the train tracks. It's unwinnable, any outcome is bad. Of course I'm with you that people should be able to get to hospital in an ambulance. 

But it's short sighted not to see that millions of people are being killed by the inaction of governments in this. You can't easily show a picture of these millions of people dying some time in a nebulous future, when you and I may not be around but it doesn't make it any the less certain.

Direct your ire towards the governments that aren't spending nearly enough preventing (or now, ameliorating) this ecological disaster, the oil companies that are making record profits, and get annoyed about your fuel bills.

We should all be protesting, and in a way that causes these fuckers to take action, we voted them there and they serve big oil and rich people invested in that in general. I'd not actually personally stop the M25, but it's hard to see other ways to do this. Voting doesn't appear to work....

• Facepalm 1

I had a pop up notification at work today saying that patient transport ambulances may be delayed for appointments if going along M25 due to protests. These are literally appointments that save lives and if they turn up 20 minutes late they may not get seen.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, En Passant said:

This is like that old dilemma about the 5 workers v the 1 on the train tracks. It's unwinnable, any outcome is bad. Of course I'm with you that people should be able to get to hospital in an ambulance. 

But it's short sighted not to see that millions of people are being killed by the inaction of governments in this. You can't easily show a picture of these millions of people dying some time in a nebulous future, when you and I may not be around but it doesn't make it any the less certain.

Direct your ire towards the governments that aren't spending nearly enough preventing (or now, ameliorating) this ecological disaster, the oil companies that are making record profits, and get annoyed about your fuel bills.

We should all be protesting, and in a way that causes these fuckers to take action, we voted them there and they serve big oil and rich people invested in that in general. I'd not actually personally stop the M25, but it's hard to see other ways to do this. Voting doesn't appear to work....

I still don't see how appearing hysterical and blocking the M25 will elicit any other response but contempt amongst the public.The activists seem to think that by disrupting people  constantly they will  eventually see their point of view whereas it seems to be pissing everyone off and making it easier for the government to crack down on protests.

I say good on people for dragging them out of the road.The police won deal with the issue so about time the public did.Blocking a road using your own person is nuts dangerous irresponsible and selfish.Plus many of those protesting seem your usual hipster type who aren't even contributing to society unlike the nurse in the Whale interview he did a 12 hour shift then got stuck by the looney tunes for another 4 hours. She needs her sleep after saving lives unlike these jobsworths who are merely damaging their own cause through their own ego.If you turn the public against you they will NOT support you but will support the government to strop the fundamental rights of protests and ignore them.If I stopped everyone in my house going about their business when they tried to leave the house due to wanting to reduce their carbon emissions they would rightly xalk me a loon and get me arrested.Same should apply to this lot.They have no right to stop people earning money to survive or cancer patients getting treatment.Tjey almost have a messiah complex.

• Like 4