Jump to content
Etushispushingupdaisies

Alexey Navalny (pronounced uh-lex-YAY nuh-WAHL-neey)

Recommended Posts

Following the shocking news that Alexey Navalny got poisoned and is on ventilator,  I've decided to create a thread dedicated to this brave man and my fellow Russian.  In late 2017-early 2018 I've been a Putinist and I've been spreading lies about Navalny being a corrupt racist. However I've been a bit liberal in 2014, than became a tankie just jn order to appease my commie friend in 2015, but than I've become a full-on Putinist in mid 2017, because of... James Woods and Ben Garrison. But a few things have changed my views, and they include retirement age reform and Putin's cr***py handling of COVID-19 situation. I hope this thoroughly good guy whom I've been trying to smear in the past (But I've never worked for Prigozhin/Olgino Troll Farm, I swear to god. I've only turned 20 this July.) recovers, takes over as our President and make our country finally free, democratic and economically prosperous, despite me disagreeing with him on foreign policy andd immigration views (He wants to end visa-free travel agreeements between Russia and post-Soviet Central Asian  and Transcaucasian (Armenia, Azerbaijan) countries and he's not opposed to neocons). From what I've heard someone slipped some barbiturates into his tea , while he was in an airport cafe. He started feeling ill while on plane, started screaming and then collapsed. Thank god, the pilots have landed in Omsk, where he was hospitalised and put on a ventilator.  He's  in ICU and in a coma right now. Thankfully, the Germans have sent in the plane to fly him to a Berlin clinic and rescue him, but the head doctor of the hospital won't allow Lyokha out. https://twitter.com/Kira_Yarmysh?s=09. Please follow his press secretary (this is her account) for updates. She's staying in his room. God help us. Cheers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the pronunciation of his name really necessary in the thread title?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Is the pronunciation of his name really necessary in the thread title?

Well, you, Westerners, have a penchant for mispronouncing Russian names. For example, you're pronouncing Vladimir as VlUH-da-mer instead of vluh-DEE-meer

Edited by Etushispushingupdaisies
Minor grammar mistakes due to panicking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It just looks messy.

 

It's not going to stop the little voice in my head pronouncing it Alex-ey Nay-val-nee 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And don't believe our media. They have all been hijacked by Putin and his sycophants and turned into tabloid dumpsters. You should believe such sources as Kira's and other Navalny allies' (Vladimir Milov, Leonid Volkov, Lyubov Sobol, Ivan Zhdanov) social media accounts + Dozhd. Also, Navalny doesn't have cerebral edema, he's a very moderate drinker  (meaning that he only drinks small portions of champagne, wine or beer on someone's birthday, Easter, Christmas or New Year's Day)and wasn't drinking vodka in a village near Tomsk (a town he's been in before falling ill while on his way to Moscow and landing in Omsk). He's not a drug addict either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Etushispushingupdaisies said:

@Putin is that your doing?

No comments

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allowed to seek treatment in Germany.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/24/alexei-navalny-was-probably-poisoned-says-germany. German doctors have determined what kind of poison it was. Thank god it wasn't polonium. It's a some kind of cholinesterase inhibitor. (Novichok?)  Alyosha's still in a coma, but , at least, he's out of danger. He's 6'2 tall strong and generally healthy man, who jogs almost everyday and was seen swimming with his friends a night before the brazen attempt on his life and there's not much doubt  that our lovely mix of Mandela, Gandhi, MLK,  RFK, Paul Wellstone, Lincoln, FDR, JFK,  Heseltine, David Owen and Tony Blair (albeit with  immigration views close to those of Norman Tebbit's, though) will recover in two months. Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Etushispushingupdaisies said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/24/alexei-navalny-was-probably-poisoned-says-germany. German doctors have determined what kind of poison it was. Thank god it wasn't polonium. It's a some kind of cholinesterase inhibitor. (Novichok?)  Alyosha's still in a coma, but , at least, he's out of danger. He's 6'2 tall strong and generally healthy man, who jogs almost everyday and was seen swimming with his friends a night before the brazen attempt on his life and there's not much doubt  that our lovely mix of Mandela, Gandhi, MLK,  RFK, Paul Wellstone, Lincoln, FDR, JFK,  Heseltine, David Owen and Tony Blair (albeit with  immigration views close to those of Norman Tebbit's, though) will recover in two months. Cheers.

 

Tony Blair?  :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toast said:

 

Tony Blair?  :facepalm:

Well, he's the mix of all these people (+Fred Rogers and Bernie Sanders), because he's an incredibly suave, brave, charismatic, charming and kind politician, who'll make our  country great again, shall he recover and come to power. However, he has such minor flaws as arrogance and controversial views on immigration from post-Soviet Muslim-majority countries and foreign policy (Blair has always been a charismatic and charming leader and he  was a great PM until he started sucking up to neocons and joined them in invading and raping Iraq, however, I'm not defending Saddam either. In fact, I consider trickle-down economics, unfettered capitalism, corporate greed, Neoconservatism and Libertarianism to be as ghastly and repugnant as Communism, Fascism and Nazism)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-08-28/navalny-s-condition-is-serious-but-stable-berlin-hospital-says#click=https://t.co/6RmsAGvwpr. Navalny's condition is serious but stable, the symptoms of poisoning are receding, his life is out of danger. We need you alive, Lyokha. Get well soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh, Novichok "creator" Vil Mirzayanov is still alive. I assumed he was long dead as he's had Stage IV cancer for three years and no one picked him on the DDP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone please explain to me why Novichok seems to have impaired and yet not killed most of its intended victims (at least in these recent attacks)?

Is it because the concentration ingested hasn't been high enough or because it's a Soviet-era substance which may have lost its effectiveness over time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Can someone please explain to me why Novichok seems to have impaired and yet not killed most of its intended victims (at least in these recent attacks)?

Is it because the concentration ingested hasn't been high enough or because it's a Soviet-era substance which may have lost its effectiveness over time?

 

I assumed - could be wrong - its not given in nearly enough of a fatal dose, given their love for theatrics and the people they really want out of the way tend to just get shot or mysteriously fall out of windows.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, msc said:

 

I assumed - could be wrong - its not given in nearly enough of a fatal dose, given their love for theatrics and the people they really want out of the way tend to just get shot or mysteriously fall out of windows.

*cough* Georgi Markov. *cough* Alexander Litvinenko.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/09/2020 at 16:29, msc said:

Huh, Novichok "creator" Vil Mirzayanov is still alive. I assumed he was long dead as he's had Stage IV cancer for three years and no one picked him on the DDP.

Mirzayanov feels guilty in this German interview mostly behind a paywall:

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/nowitschok-erfinder-zum-fall-alexej-nawalny-ich-fuehle-mich-schuldig-a-dac1d8ce-af43-4ea6-86ce-c639760b03de

 

Looks good though for an octogenarian with stage iv cancer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've no idea who this nobody is every time his thread appears.  
Even after reading about him.  Nice thread.  Really needed.  He earned it. :rolleyes:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use