The Old Crem

Sarah Harding

Girls Aloud star reveals she has secondary Breast Cancer at age of 36. Horrible Horrible news.

Considering it has spread I feel she warrants her own thread.

• Sad 5
  • Shocked 4

Wonder if Corona will do this to alot of people? Cancer treatments being on hold for alot of people.Diagnosis of cancer now, is the worse possible time to get it.

Waiting for someone else to admit they were a fan of Girls Aloud so I can go "oh yeah, me too" and not lose my cool exterior...

Oh, hang on a moment...

• Like 3

I feel a bit bad about this because she has been on my lists for a while for 'lifestyle' reasons.

Wish her all the best.

20 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Wonder if Corona will do this to alot of people? Cancer treatments being on hold for alot of people.Diagnosis of cancer now, is the worse possible time to get it.

It will- through not certain if her treatment was interrupted as some Chemo did continue through even the worse of the pandemic. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, msc said:

Waiting for someone else to admit they were a fan of Girls Aloud so I can go "oh yeah, me too" and not lose my cool exterior...

Oh, hang on a moment...

I am.

1 hour ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Waiting for Ms Toast and Mr Bearer to say they haven't heard of her.

No, I was still watching the talent shows when she was on. 

That was the one where they were assembling a boy band and a girl band, wasn't it?  It was very early on, before Cowell got involved.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Toast said:

That was the one where they were assembling a boy band and a girl band, wasn't it?  It was very early on, before Cowell got involved.

Yeah it was Stock Aitken Waterman who were involved in the original one.

• Thanks 1

Some useless trivia.

Harding is the only member of Girls Aloud not to have had a UK top 40 hit as a solo artist. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Some useless trivia.

Harding is the only member of Girls Aloud not to have had a UK top 40 hit as a solo artist. 

Well she will be the first Girls Aloud member to be a Drop 40 hit though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, the_engineer said:

Yeah going to be an explosion of cases at a more advanced level in the coming months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:
Girls Aloud star reveals she has secondary Breast Cancer at age of 36. Horrible Horrible news.

Considering it has spread I feel she warrants her own thread.

Just in the interest of correctness, she's 38, not 36 - she's 39 in November.

52 minutes ago, Toast said:

I didn't watch it but I seem to recall the necessary controversy that season was that she got the final place in Girls Aloud instead of Javine, who was seen as the best singer on the show? Girls Aloud had 20 top 10 hits in the UK, Javine represented the UK at Eurovision in 2005. Sliding doors and all that...

8 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

I didn't watch it but I seem to recall the necessary controversy that season was that she got the final place in Girls Aloud instead of Javine, who was seen as the best singer on the show? Girls Aloud had 20 top 10 hits in the UK, Javine represented the UK at Eurovision in 2005. Sliding doors and all that...

Whereas none of the winning boys were ever heard of again, as far as I recall.

1 minute ago, Toast said:

Whereas none of the winning boys were ever heard of again, as far as I recall.

Ha, One True Voice. Blown out of the water for Christmas Number 1 and disappeared.

2 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Ha, One True Voice. Blown out of the water for Christmas Number 1 and disappeared.

I couldn't even name one of them.

In fairness, OTV's Daniel Pearce did do the vocals for Sigma's 2014 #1 single "Nobody to Love".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Some useless trivia.

In the same way Victoria Beckham is the only Spice Girl not to have a solo number one

24 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

In the same way Victoria Beckham is the only Spice Girl not to have a solo number one

Beckham had a #2 with Out of Your Mind.

• Like 1

Deadly! No No No...

I guess the sound of the underground just got louder for her...

This is the second terminal cancer diagnosis following James Whale from a Celebrity Big Brother housemate this month. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

I guess the sound of the underground just got louder for her...

This is the second terminal cancer diagnosis following James Whale from a Celebrity Big Brother housemate this month. 

Advanced but is this definitely terminal? Probably but not 100% certain I would say.

4 hours ago, the_engineer said:

My colleague who is a heart failure nurse got diagnosed with breast cancer couple of months ago, but managed to have her breast removed so cancer is gone (I think now needs other treatment but I didn't inquire too much). However the reconstructive surgery won't be for 6+ months due to not being urgent. Her treatment is being done at a private hospital as private and NHS hospitals are working together.

I work in Cardiology and non urgent referrals for echos have a 5-6 month waiting list? Our department was closed from mid March to end of May. We also did have two echo girls doing tests at a time but we've had to reduce how many people are in the waiting room. That means 10 patients roughly per day rather than 20 and i'm booking up to beginning of November (with gaps for any urgent slots). Our original waiting list for routine appointments was 6-8 weeks from referral date.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Advanced but is this definitely terminal? Probably but not 100% certain I would say.

Spread to multiple "parts" of body not just one.Liver is normally where breast cancer metastasised too first so you are probably looking at liver metastasis as well as another organ or bones.