The Old Crem

Sarah Harding

6 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Waiting for Ms Toast and Mr Bearer to say they haven't heard of her.

Who? :lol:

I have heard of the band, but not her.  (Getting old, y'know) 

4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Beckham had a #2 with Out of Your Mind.

She also got a number 2 on her wedding day

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sean said:

Spread to multiple "parts" of body not just one.Liver is normally where breast cancer metastasised too first so you are probably looking at liver metastasis as well as another organ or bones.

Through stage 3 cancer is known as locally advanced breast cancer - and that has a 70%+ 5-year survival rate.  But by other parts you would think she means stage 4 which is incurable only a 25% 5 year - survival rate.

Saw her on celeb Big Brother 3 years ago.Came across to me as a bit of a sad and mentally unstable character.Was always drunk and behaving bizarrely and pissing off all the other housemates. Reminds me a bit of Caroline Flack actually.One of those tragic figures that you know it will probably all end in  tears. I wish her all the best though.

58 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Saw her on celeb Big Brother 3 years ago.Came across to me as a bit of a sad and mentally unstable character.Was always drunk and behaving bizarrely and pissing off all the other forum users. Reminds me a bit of Caroline Flack actually.One of those tragic figures that you know it will probably all end in  tears. I wish her all the best though.

Yes, yes , this is you to a T.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Are we allowed to say cancers in young-ish women are often caused by environmental factors such as excessive drinking and drug use in their teens and twenties?

1 hour ago, Youth in Asia said:

Are we allowed to say cancers in young-ish women are often caused by environmental factors such as excessive drinking and drug use in their teens and twenties?

Only if you can back it up with suitable scientific evidence

• Like 1

On 29/08/2020 at 12:13, Youth in Asia said:

I mean a girl I went to school with was well known to be THE person to go out for a drink and just get drunk everywhere (my best friend had to stop hanging out with her due to her excessive drinking) and she died of cancer about two years ago before turning 30. There were other factors including being overweight but it was probably a factor.

16 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I mean a girl I went to school with was well known to be THE person to go out for a drink and just get drunk everywhere (my best friend had to stop hanging out with her due to her excessive drinking) and she died of cancer about two years ago before turning 30. There were other factors including being overweight but it was probably a factor.

You can’t possibly know whether it was a factor unless you were her doctor. Just because you drink to excess does not make it ‘probable’ you will die of breast cancer. There’s a difference between ‘increased risk’ and ‘probable’. 

• Like 1

On 26/08/2020 at 11:32, msc said:

Waiting for someone else to admit they were a fan of Girls Aloud so I can go "oh yeah, me too" and not lose my cool exterior...

Oh, hang on a moment...

Saw them at Wembley Arena in 2009  (me and my mate were possibly the only straight guys there who weren't in the 'dad with kids' category) and have most of their singles. TBH it's more that I love Xenomania and GA were the perfect outlet for them - great pop music!

-

Edited by NotTheNagsHeadReading
double-post

Has been writing her autobiography which might give more health info but it's not released until 2021.

4 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Has been writing her autobiography which might give more health info but it's not released until 2021.

I think 'hear me out' is a very foreboding title. It's being released in 2021, surely you'd want it out before Christmas? Could be she only has a few months left and it will be released after her death?

43 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

I think 'hear me out' is a very foreboding title. It's being released in 2021, surely you'd want it out before Christmas? Could be she only has a few months left and it will be released after her death?

I'm not sure, I hate to say it but could it be that she's exeggerating how serious her condition is to help sell copies of her book? Feel free to attack me for being so cynical ! :tomatododge:

1 hour ago, the_engineer said:

It's a Girls Aloud song title so make of that what you will. They definitely have some more apt titles for a posthumous release...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

It's a Girls Aloud song title so make of that what you will. They definitely have some more apt titles for a posthumous release...

Ahh then it's up in the air again for me, whether to include her or not.

4 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Ahh then it's up in the air again for me, whether to include her or not.

Personally, I'd take it more as being a reference to her being somebody that lots of people have an opinion on, say she's a bit of a mess, compare her negatively to some of the other members of the group and she's seeing this as a chance for people to hear her side of the story. The title comes from an album track on their second album 'What Will the Neighbours Say?'. As a teenage boy, I was very much a fan. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The only song I know from Girls Aloud (beside from covered songs) is Sound of the underground which would make a good headline for her if she's a hit on next year's DL.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

They definitely have some more apt titles for a posthumous release...

31 minutes ago, Book said:

The only song I know from Girls Aloud (beside from covered songs) is Sound of the underground which would make a good headline for her if she's a hit on next year's DL.

Look no further than Life Got Cold

'...we're running, we're running, we're running out of time. My life got cold...'

Member of "Girls Aloud" has an autobiography called "Hear Me Out". C'mon people...

She'll be a "whole lotta history" by this time next year. 

4 hours ago, Book said:

I totally think she’ll be hearing the Sound of 6ft Underground next year. 

• Haha 1