The Old Crem

Sarah Harding

Turns out she nearly died of sepsis when she was diagnosed and was in a two week coma

• Sad 1

Saddening really. Read she put off going to the doctors because of the pandemic. Going to be millions more like her sadly.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Chemotherapy is the one that makes your hair fall out, not radiotherapy. In the last year two women I work with have been diagnosed with breast cancer and both had radiotherapy and their hair is fine. A lady round the corner got breast cancer and lost her hair but a few years on her hair has grown back and she looks great. If you want to live you would take all the help you can get or maybe that is me.

Anyway looks like she may not live to 2022 if what she says is true.

Looks like I won't be seeing a fully-functioning Girls Aloud gig again.

Me and my mate went to one of their Wembley shows on what we twigged to be their final 'proper' tour; and quite possibly the only two straight men in the audience once you'd stripped out the dads of tweenage kids.

No queue for the bogs which was a bonus, we'd had a skinful.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, alt obits guy said:

That's not new news though, is it?

I'm thinking all of these "updates" are just teasers for her book.

8 hours ago, Toast said:

That's not new news though, is it?

I'm thinking all of these "updates" are just teasers for her book.

The new Colleen Nolan

• Haha 1

Yeah Coleen is the youngest Nolan sister.She hasn`t got cancer.Linda has it. Anne is in remission and Bernie was the sister who died

It is strange how exerts from the book are being released in a non-chronological order.Also one of the updates said the cancer was possibly in the brain as it went right up to the top of the spine now the exerts suggest it is in the brain. Either way it sounds as though it isn`t too far away from the brain stem so the prognosis she won't see Christmas seems probable.I think she said something about not wanting to lose her hair as the benefits of treatment are limited.

Shitty world.

When you start talking about the one of four who doesn't have cancer :(.

Please excuse my gloominess, Sabine Schmitz has really pissed me off.

• Like 2

I’d say she’s more like the new Bibian Mentel. Stage 4 cancer publicly stated she wouldn’t see another Christmas, did, and now is definitely not seeing another. 

Didn't Wilko Johnson announce his last Christmas a few years back?

Edit: Meh, new article, but old news, sorry!

5 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Edit: Meh, new article, but old news, sorry!

Dull day, sir, dull day.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, drol said:

Dull day, sir, dull day.

I'm trying! And at least I haven't yet posted about "British Tik Tok Granpa".

Although while its not new news, that chemo failed and radiotherapy is not an option pretty much means 90% she wont see Christmas as implied above.

2 hours ago, drol said:

Dull day, sir, dull day.

Dull month. The most notable deaths of this May were two Lloyds (the other one being 106), Caballero Bonald, three prime ministers (of Cameroon, Korea and Denmark), a few American actors (one or two of which I had heard of before) and some F1-related people. And of course a load of centenarians. And POSSIBLY the leader of Boko Haram.

And if someone doesn't die today or tomorrow, Norman Lloyd was the only person with a DL thread who has died this month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arghton said:

Dull month. The most notable deaths of this May were two Lloyds (the other one being 106), Caballero Bonald, three prime ministers (of Cameroon, Korea and Denmark), a few American actors (one or two of which I had heard of before) and some F1-related people. And of course a load of centenarians. And POSSIBLY the leader of Boko Haram.

And if someone doesn't die today or tomorrow, Norman Lloyd was the only person with a DL thread who has died this month.

The voice of Sebastian and Freddy of Rod, Jane and Freddy are seismic deaths. Seismic. Dull indeed, wash your mouth out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, arghton said:

Eric Carle.......

• Like 4

I think the Tik Tok granddad is famous enough to be a DDP pick tbqhwy

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I think the Tik Tok granddad is famous enough to be a DDP pick tbqhwy

6,3 Million followers - yes, he easily qualifies.