Sign in to follow this  
Joey Russ

Chadwick Boseman

Well, unfortunately he just died: 

I’m really stunned about this one 

• Sad 8
  • Shocked 7

For those who don’t know, Boseman was a major star and definitely seemed like he had a bright future ahead of him. Truly is shocking. 

On 17/04/2020 at 12:01, Joey Russ said:

Does Chadwick Boseman have health problems? His weight loss leaves some fans concerned...

Also seems like that above meant more than I realized...

• Sad 1

Absolutely surprising RIP

Just a stunning loss.  He did look very gaunt recently, but I was hoping it was just for a movie role or something.  Obviously, that was not the case.  He was genuinely a  major talent, and I wouldn't be shocked if he wins a posthumous Oscar for his work in Da 5 Bloods.  He brought such a great presence as T'Challa in Black Panther, and he captured the gravitas of important historical figures like Jackie Robinson in 42, James Brown in Get On Up, and Thurgood Marshall in Marshall.

Gone way too soon.  Damn, this sucks.  RIP.  

T'Challa has entered the Ancestral Plane.

RIP Chadwick. You were in your prime, and I never expected this. :tantrum:

RIP to the Black Panther. Loved you’re movie. I’m sorry to see you go.(1977 - 2020).

I've heard he was a big name actor. I am not acquainted with him myself.

It seemed like his acting career was just about to take off to another level with the success of black panther. Another truly shocking death. RIP

Super shocked and saddened by this one! Looks like he kept his cancer diagnosis private similar to David Bowie and Alan Rickman.

Gonna miss him!

• Like 1

wait a minute  - He was the lead in Black Panther? Fucking hell. This is MASSIVE ! :o Why did no one see this coming????????? Most shocking Hollywood  death since Heath Ledger ! 

2 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

wait a minute  - He was the lead in Black Panther? Fucking hell. This is MASSIVE ! :o Why did no one see this coming????????? Most shocking Hollywood  death since Heath Ledger ! 

He never told the public he had cancer

This is so tragic esp coming during the whole Black Lives Matters thing. I guess that's Black Panther 2 down the drain then ...:(

Many people will wake up shocked and devastated by this news.

What a legend. 

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, The Red Death said:

Biggest celebrity death ever 

Whilst I am very sorry for the millions of people who were fans of this chap and even more sorry for the man himself and his family, I, for one, have never heard of him, simply because I've never seen any of his films. I even saw his name come up on Wiki Recent Deaths, shrugged and then came here. It's only whilst here that I realise a bit more who he was and what he achieved. Seems like a real talent cut down in his prime. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Whilst I am very sorry for the millions of people who were fans of this chap and even more sorry for the man himself and his family, I, for one, have never heard of him, simply because I've never seen any of his films. I even saw his name come up on Wiki Recent Deaths, shrugged and then came here. It's only whilst here that I realise a bit more who he was and what he achieved. Seems like a real talent cut down in his prime. 

"Seems like a real talent cut down in his prime?" Similar things have happened like Elvis Presley and Paul Walker.

His face looks familiar, but the name doesn't ring a bell. Having seen someone close to me go a similar way, it is a very sad thing to happen and best wishes to his family and fans.

I've just realised I watched him play the lead part in 21 Bridges a few weeks ago and didn't even realise it was him ! 

Sad news! So he basically filmed the majority of his MCU appearances while battling cancer??

Respect and may he RIP :(

• Like 1

5 hours ago, markb4 said:

Super shocked and saddened by this one! Looks like he kept his cancer diagnosis private similar to David Bowie and Alan Rickman.

Gonna miss him!

Supposedly Rickman's pancreatic  cancer was very sudden - he was still active a couple of months before he died. Not much point in telling people in that scenario. In many ways this is even sadder than Bowie and Rickman given his age. RIP 

• Like 1

Good god. 2020 has been cruel, hasn't it? He was only 42 and had a long acting career ahead of him. R.I.P. to a legend.