Nearly 3,000 new cases of the 'rona recorded yesterday, the biggest number of cases since May. 

People mostly affected are young adults, but it only takes one of them to have been on the train/bus/public toilet for the numbers to start to heavily increase...

Isn't it a bit too early to call it a 2nd wave? Yes, cases a rising again, but deaths aren't. Maybe a tad too early to call for a 2nd wave since we're not close enough to the numbers from the initial wave.

hey, I'm no expert, but I just won't call it a 2nd wave. Not yet at least. And even if we were in the 2nd wave, why not continue in the original Covid-19 threads. 

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

Tell you what - this current spread amongst the young could add a little extra dimension to the next series of lodgers for codgers

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Genfærd said:

Isn't it a bit too early to call it a 2nd wave? Yes, cases a rising again, but deaths aren't. Maybe a tad too early to call for a 2nd wave since we're not close enough to the numbers from the initial wave.

hey, I'm no expert, but I just won't call it a 2nd wave. Not yet at least. And even if we were in the 2nd wave, why not continue in the original Covid-19 threads. 

Just my 2 cents.

Thats because people are only just contracting it once again. It will take time to spread and start killing.

I think the second wave would prove a big enough issue for a second thread. Obviously, we are all out of lockdown for the time being - so this thread serves a purpose for news specifically regarding second wave news.

11 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Tell you what - this current spread amongst the young could add a little extra dimension to the next series of lodgers for codgers

It can only be so many years before Channel 5 develop this into some smutty cross generational dating show 'Lodgers Todgers Roger Podger Codgers' hosted by Joey Essex and Judy Finnegan where young men are placed in old women's homes and see what goes down in The Love Room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Nearly 3,000 new cases of the 'rona recorded yesterday, the biggest number of cases since May. 

People mostly affected are young adults, but it only takes one of them to have been on the train/bus/public toilet for the numbers to start to heavily increase...

You said it yourself, mostly young adults so not too much danger of the deaths starting to rise dramatically.

Agree with others, no need for another thread about the same thing.

Where I live we are just starting a second wave (despite the first one never really subsiding), so I am in favour of this thread as long as it can be used for other countries too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, torbrexbones said:

You said it yourself, mostly young adults so not too much danger of the deaths starting to rise dramatically.

Added to which, a lot has been learned about effective treatments using existing drugs. 

4 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Thats because people are only just contracting it once again. It will take time to spread and start killing.

I think the second wave would prove a big enough issue for a second thread. Obviously, we are all out of lockdown for the time being - so this thread serves a purpose for news specifically regarding second wave news.

Yeah spoke too soon.

Restrictions, minor lockdowns in the capital and a lot of worry in a briefing happening just now in Denmark. 

50% increase in new cases and birthdays, pirate parties (not the arrrrr' mayte and booty but parties that are being held against the law) and young adults get the blame + they put the blame on outbreaks in ghetto areas with a lot of immigrants.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Genfærd said:

pirate parties (not the arrrrr' mayte and booty but parties that are being held against the law)

Presumably you would call them Viking parties?

• Haha 1

Does this newbie Kenny have to start a new thread for existing threads every single day?

Tell me again when the 'first wave' concluded?  
DL really gone downhill with the recent 9-12 months of membership additions and the general takeover.  Main reason I post 1/10 of what I was before.  Threads like this and zero administration of this site by 3-headed cuntos in charge.  I pretty much just check in every couple days, see who kicked the bucket is all.  

Tomorrow's new Kenny thread: "Anticipating the third Covid wave'.  

SC

52 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Does this newbie Kenny have to start a new thread for existing threads every single day?

Threads like this and zero administration of this site by 3-headed cuntos in charge.  I pretty much just check in every couple days, see who kicked the bucket is all.  

Have a nice warning for that. (Mod abuse) :lol:

Its possible that there is a second wave on the planet Kenny lives on.  We (admins) are fairly laid back when it comes to new threads being started.  They usually disappear after a short while. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Have a nice warning for that. (Mod abuse) :lol:

Its possible that there is a second wave on the planet Kenny lives on.  We (admins) are fairly laid back when it comes to new threads being started.  They usually disappear after a short while. 

Aye, 10 mins iirc...

Is there a second wave of Covid-related threads incoming?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There was something in Private Eye about mass plague pits on the Isle of Wight and giant rats roaming the depopulated landscape for the rest of time.  

So it’s more young people being affected this time round, and Matt ‘cock is all over the papers lecturing young people about not “killing their gran” when in reality he’s overseen the deaths of thousands of fucking grans in care homes by discharging untested patients into them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Tell me again when the 'first wave' concluded?  
DL really gone downhill with the recent 9-12 months of membership additions and the general takeover.  Main reason I post 1/10 of what I was before.  Threads like this and zero administration of this site by 3-headed cuntos in charge.  I pretty much just check in every couple days, see who kicked the bucket is all.  

Tomorrow's new Kenny thread: "Anticipating the third Covid wave'.  

SC

There is news regarding the second wave. It may happen, it may not. As YIA mentioned earlier, there IS a second wave where he lives, plus the second wave in the UK is sounding more and more likely...

For now, this thread exists for speculation, news articles regarding second wave etc... The first wave ended as soon as we were released from quarantine in June/July, right now we are easing back into normal life for the sake of the economy. Also when was the last time I started an already existing thread?

Dont worry, I'll be sure that the third wave thread is up on the site as soon as it happens ;) 

KM

• Haha 2

Despite the high rises in COVID cases indicating a second wave, London has had the lowest amount of COVID deaths

Maybe wave 2 will just be for young people, where 18-21 y/os just get ill but very few die...

7 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

So it’s more young people being affected this time round, and Matt ‘cock is all over the papers lecturing young people about not “killing their gran” when in reality he’s overseen the deaths of thousands of fucking grans in care homes by discharging untested patients into them.

It is remarkable none of his advisors said yeah maybe telling young people not to kill their Gran doesn't work when you have killed quite a lot of Nans by gross negligence.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sean said:

It is remarkable none of his advisors said yeah maybe telling young people not to kill their Grand doesn't work when you have killed quite a lot of Nans by gross negligence.

Surely the young will want to kill off their grandparents asap in order to get a bit of the inheritance and get a foot on the property ladder or whatever. Kill your grannies and grandads off before they start blowing it all on healthcare etc. Encourage them to go on world cruises instead. 

• Haha 2

Let's not forget how youngers were moaning about old people voting for Brexit.The message should be don't see Granny if you rent following all the rules.To make young healthy people abide by all the rules realistically is never going to happen.Even some older people I know do not want to social distance at all.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Let's not forget how youngers were moaning about old people voting for breakfast.The message should be don't see Granny if you rent following all the rules.To make young healthy people abide by all the rules realistically is never going to happen.Even some older people I know do not want to social distance at all.

I know that's a typo but as typos go that's pretty special. :D

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Despite the high rises in COVID cases indicating a second wave, London has had the lowest amount of COVID deaths

Maybe wave 2 will just be for young people, where 18-21 y/os just get ill but very few die...

Personal opinion is that it's schools. My nephew can talk to over 200 people at school so that's most likely.

Public social groups of 6 or more now banned by UK Gov

But not until Monday.So everyone will go on mass piss ups over the weekend.Good luck enforcing that.