14 hours ago, time said:

I can confirm we've met at a couple of DL Cons, but you're not missing anything. You may be reading too much into a poor joke.

And another fair point - though as someone once paid decent money for jokes I value those moments people read too much in and credit the writer. 

Oh aye, and that comment further up the thread about me being from the Lake District. You can see mountains from most of west Cumbria - but in other ways Maryport and Ambleside are Cumbrian versions of Tower Hamlets and Kensington

Rule of 6 comes into play as of today, although being in a cafe with 20 people breathing the same air is still perfectly legal...

On 10/09/2020 at 09:37, Youth in Asia said:

I read somewhere that the entire air in an aeroplane is filtered out and changed every 4 minutes. One very rarely smells farts in an aeroplane, unless the bloke next to you lets one go, and that may be the reason.

There was a TED talk about how air doesn't circulate in planes, how one SARS case infected 20-30 others. The presenter had a solution to filter air and was trying to sell his invention to the airlines.   I wonder if there is a technical reason why people don't smell farts, like due to air pressure either effecting the fart or your senses.  Or everyone holding it in for 3 hours !

France had over 15% death rate, now it's under 1%.  Washing hands, wearing a mask and locking granny in a cupboard doesn't explain the difference.  Probably in March it was underestimated by 10 fold meaning at it's height, 50 000 daily infection rate.  Current rate (second wave) is 8 000, took 3 weeks to double. 

4 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Keyword: Expect

We can't predict the future and matter of fact is that news site generates the most interest with fear rather than optimism. Chances are that a 2nd wave may not be as bad or deadly. We can only wait and see, and keep socially distancing. 

3 hours ago, Genfærd said:

Keyword: Expect

We can't predict the future and matter of fact is that news site generates the most interest with fear rather than optimism. Chances are that a 2nd wave may not be as bad or deadly. We can only wait and see, and keep socially distancing. 

Agreed. 

A lot of how COVID was dealt with has to do with predictions. Most we can do now is speculate, hence why I wanted a separate thread.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

Guess I can't ask for a train ticket to Partick any more.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

If you have a lisp you are doubly fucked.

The Government will create a post for a Lispfinder General to roam the country and burn them all at the stake.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Guess I can't ask for a train ticket to Partick any more.

• Haha 3

On 09/09/2020 at 10:50, Sean said:

Pretty much.Such a wanker.Said schools are Covid secure after how many outbreaks.

100% agree. Can't meet my nephew, but he can certainly go and meet 200 people at school!

I have had another one of my visions during last night and I am very confident in its accuracy that this second wave isn’t going to happen so we can all relax. On some of those earlier visions I had I couldn’t seem to properly assess their accuracy but I am 100% confident on this. 

22 minutes ago, Steve said:

I have had another one of my visions during last night and I am very confident in its accuracy that this second wave isn’t going to happen so we can all relax. On some of those earlier visions I had I couldn’t seem to properly assess their accuracy but I am 100% confident on this. 

What the fuck can you say to that?

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I find "FUCK OFF" is usually helpful in these matters tbh... :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Wow I never thought I would see the day that you agree with me LFN. Thanks!!!

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Step away from the Buckfast. 

Also, Fuck off. 

• Haha 2

OK so the young may have a much reduced chance of dying but there is still a significant risk of long term damage from the virus. I look at the Spanish graphs for infections and deaths, and the deaths for their "second wave" are comparatively non existent as yet. We have the issue that here in the UK if we allow the virus to spread freely the NHS will be unable to cope with the terminally ill as well as all of the generally sick. The partying and general ignorance of the risks being exhibited by population is reckless.

Imagine a worst case scenario, everybody gets the virus at the same time.

A proportion will need ventilation, statistically there are not enough ventilators

There are not enough medics or resources to cope.

The NHS will be swamped and people will suffer.

This can be avoided.

We have a group of society who say "We are OK we are not part of the 1 or 2% at risk but look no further than this, it is no worse than a flu." They are concerned only for themselves and see the risk as low. Such a mentality seems to be present in large areas of the US and their overall mortality numbers have suffered. People ignoring quarantine and social distancing will only lead to an escalation of the spread of the virus and it's consequences.

As a side comment I wonder how many of these intelligent students who have had their A level grades raised have been partying.

Not a labourite but Starmer fucking gets it. When people are poorly informed by the gov over restrictions and allow 10,000's of people in the UK without doing COVID checks then it really isnt the fault of the people.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/23/public-not-to-blame-for-second-wave-of-covid-19-says-keir-starmer

• Like 1