A 90-year-old woman in N. Ireland is the first in the UK to get Pfizer’s Covid vaccination this morning.

EDIT: the second has just happened and, no lie, was a Mr William Shakespeare from Warwickshire. Doesn’t look too bad for 456.

8AFF29A2-3AD4-4274-A271-0C863EE0B07C.thumb.jpeg.dea3b7b60c89c3a19345a79baaedbcca.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

49 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

8AFF29A2-3AD4-4274-A271-0C863EE0B07C.thumb.jpeg.dea3b7b60c89c3a19345a79baaedbcca.jpeg

In other news auditions have started in Warwickshire for the next Gandhi movie.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Snapped: Bill Gates now tracking 90-year-old Margaret doing her weekly shop at Aldi.

A74911AE-F94C-4D3C-A5CB-96FE9F34815D.thumb.jpeg.db71e575cbc930d6a53f1f70de5c8780.jpeg

• Haha 2

On 08/12/2020 at 08:32, The Quim Reaper said:

A 90-year-old woman in N. Ireland is the first in the UK to get Pfizer’s Covid vaccination this morning.

EDIT: the second has just happened and, no lie, was a Mr William Shakespeare from Warwickshire. Doesn’t look too bad for 456.

The queen has said that's not the original William Shakespeare, as she knew him personally.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, drol said:

The queen has said that's not the original William Shakespeare, as she knew him personally.

SpotSound Real-Looking Scary Dwarf Or Gnome Mascot US With A Pointy Red  Hat: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

10 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Two people developed allergic reactions to the Pfizer vaccine:

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-12-09/covid-vaccine-two-people-who-had-pfizer-vaccine-on-tuesday-had-allergic-reactions

Still, out of several tens of thousands participants, it's quite acceptable, I'd say.

Well .... they were people with known history of allergies, and I don't think the trials included such people.

I had an allergic reaction to penicillin as a small child, and have consequently never taken it since.  I don't remember much about it, so couldn't say how serious it was.  I do tend to get worse than average reactions to insect bites and stings, but nothing life-threatening, so I doubt I have much to worry about with the vaccine.

17 minutes ago, Toast said:

Well .... they were people with known history of allergies, and I don't think the trials included such people.

I had an allergic reaction to penicillin as a small child, and have consequently never taken it since.  I don't remember much about it, so couldn't say how serious it was.  I do tend to get worse than average reactions to insect bites and stings, but nothing life-threatening, so I doubt I have much to worry about with the vaccine.

when I was young I eat some seeds which I thought were cumin but they were not it was close call

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, runebomme said:

when I was young I eat some seeds which I thought were cumin but they were not it was close call

I’ve been wondering for a while, are you permanently pissed or just weird?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I’ve been wondering for a while, are you permanently pissed or just weird?

bit of both 

I am not a self hating homosexual though

why is it ok for you to insult others and pretend that you are a good guy

and for the record I have nothing aggaintst gays only some failed humor which some of you think is the end of the world 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, runebomme said:

bit of both 

I am not a self hating homosexual though

why is it ok for you to insult others and pretend that you are a good guy

and for the record I have nothing aggaintst gays only some failed humor which some of you think is the end of the world 

I have to wonder why you bring sexuality into this...? :blink:

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment, as plenty of mine are.

No pretence here.

On 08/12/2020 at 07:32, The Quim Reaper said:

IMG-20201209-WA0002.jpg

• Haha 4

Italy is going to pass us for total deaths in next couple of days pushing us down to 6th in the list.

In terms of deaths per head of the population though Belgium is absolutely smashing it - 1.5 people in every thousand who were alive in Belgium at start of March are now dead because of Covid.  

5 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Italy is going to pass us for total deaths in next couple of days pushing us down to 6th in the list.

In terms of deaths per head of the population though Belgium is absolutely smashing it - 1.5 people in every thousand who were alive in Belgium at start of March are now dead because of Covid.  

Fucksake they are definitely going to cancel my holiday in May aren’t they :(

3 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

where you going? Bruges is brill and the beer is lethal.

12 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Not necessarily.

2 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

where you going? Bruges is brill and the beer is lethal.

Three week cruise to Spain, France, Italy, Malta, Gibraltar and Portugal. 

Just now, Lard Bazaar said:

Three week cruise to Spain, France, Italy, Malta, Gibraltar and Portugal. 

reckon by May you will be okay - fingers crossed for you (but not literally because doing that for 6 months would be mental)

2 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

reckon by May you will be okay - fingers crossed for you (but not literally because doing that for 6 months would be mental)

Hmmm Ive just had a cancellation of a comedy show in a tiny theatre in Basingstoke cancelled for May, I just can’t see they’ll allow 4000 on a boat going through all those different places.  

COVID has barely affected my social life. I've always viewed holidays as being both a waste of money and a waste of time.

A day off on the other hand is pure bliss...

On 09/12/2020 at 19:42, Toast said:

I also have the penicillin allergy thing from childhood, however I read something that that was all a big mistake caused by nurses doing the injections wrong in the 1970s, and causing . The vast majority are not allergic to penicillin at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

I also have the penicillin allergy thing from childhood, however I read something that that was all a big mistake caused by nurses doing the injections wrong in the 1970s, and causing . The vast majority are not allergic to penicillin at all.

Interesting, I’m also allergic to penicillin and am a child of the 70s.  1970s for the avoidance of doubt. 

Also supposed to be allergic to penicillin due to injection as a small child - born late 60s.

It’s like a new thread within a thread this penicillin thing!

16 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

That's extraordinary about Italy - they are losing the battle in a big way at the moment. The UK death toll was almost 3000 ahead of theirs at the end of November. 

Anyone else noticed that some news outlets appear not to trust the Worldometers figures? There's often a couple of days' lag between a milestone showing up on the table and being reported. Apparently the US is on the brink of 300,000 - just 300 or so short - but I bet I don't see anything about it on CNN today. Probably not until Saturday evening. On the other hand the BBC is using the Worldometers stats as soon as they appear on site - or the other way round. 

9 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

I too have an allergy to penicillin dating from the 60s, it was when a really bad reaction from a second injection almost killed me that the GP put it in big letters on my notes and it was drummed into me for years afterwards by mum to tell medics of any kind that I was allergic to it.