This crowd of UK backpackers that have been caught having a party on a beach in Australia, don't deport them, just shoot them and leave them on the beach as a message to others.

• Like 3

UK records 53,135 new cases today. That’s more than France, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Portugal, Poland and Czechia combined.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

21 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

UK records 53,135 new cases today. That’s more than France, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Portugal, Poland and Czechia combined.

That's blockbusters.

The ambulances are queued up outside our hospital which is rammed with COVID patients.

Apparently all of the ambulances are going to be treated as 'covid' ambulances.

It is actually pretty grim.

I have been told that Primark are furloughing their staff this time around which seems to point to this lockdown going on for quite some time.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

The brass neck of 'Murca demanding negative covid tests for those flying back into their plague-ridden leprous wastelands. Sit the fuck down you utter clowns. 

• Like 1

"I know what guys, London is getting a bit dull these days, lets all go to Wales and have a party in the hills"

Hang the stupid cunts.

• Like 1

Germany joined the club of countries with more than 1000 Covid deaths per day today. I think some of that might be delayed Christmas deaths, but it's still very sad. We did well in the first wave, and now it's just as bad, and mostly even worse than other countries. The government tried to make Christmas happen, to project normalcy during the holidays, but it failed spectacularly. Christmas might just have been peak second wave instead. 

• Sad 1

As per Collison and London Heathrow Terminal 5... you can’t blame Sir Cunto, bitches!

81E10D6E-BA31-485B-849D-2DC59D9A1AAE.jpeg

6 hours ago, Sir Cunto said:

As per Collison and London Heathrow Terminal 5... you can’t blame Sir Cunto, bitches!

81E10D6E-BA31-485B-849D-2DC59D9A1AAE.jpeg

That's really disappointing. I was counting on you to start an outbreak on the west coast. 

• Haha 1

Some hospital departments where I work are closing again (mainly day surgery and pre assessment etc) due to covid so the staff can be moved to the main hospital to help there.

Hopefully my department won't close because we're already 5-6 months behind with non urgent diagnostic tests.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

Do we still need to wear facemasks in shops?

Half the folk the go into shops either don't wear a mask or don't wear it correctly and with the speed that this new variant is going through the population, masks don't seem to be slowing it down any.

Yes.

Not wearing one is lazy and out of order, likewise people don't like things covering their nose, so they wear them incorrectly....or, in some cases think they can get away with a visor instead (they can't it doesn't work the same way, health professionals use them for different reasons and in many cases in addition to a mask). But, people are like that.....

The new variant is faster in transmission, more infectious. Not wearing masks would mean even greater numbers, so they do slow it, but nobody said they'd stop it, they won't.

21 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

Half the folk the go into shops either don't wear a mask or don't wear it correctly and with the speed that this new variant is going through the population, masks don't seem to be slowing it down any.

What are people's views on face shields?

I wear a shield/visor when I take the car but it is not an easy thing to carry when walking to the shop so I carry and wear a mask.

15 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

What are people's views on face shields?

As above. Not a substitute. The breath and cough and associated 'stuff' comes out just the same and just goes out the bottom and around the sides. Getting down to the uncomfortable nitty gritty, I suppose it prevents a 'direct hit' but not much else.

I imagine people are using them because it's more comfortable than having your nose and mouth covered, but really, unless you are exempt, you can't manage a mask for 15 minutes in a shop?

Melodramatic maybe, but this thing kills people, it's not that hard to wear one for a short time.

A brief google for mask v visor should convince, here's one with a video...

https://www.livescience.com/face-shield-visualization-covid-19-spread.html?jwsource=cl

33 minutes ago, En Passant said:

As above. Not a substitute. The breath and cough and associated 'stuff' comes out just the same and just goes out the bottom and around the sides. Getting down to the uncomfortable nitty gritty, I suppose it prevents a 'direct hit' but not much else.

I imagine people are using them because it's more comfortable than having your nose and mouth covered, but really, unless you are exempt, you can't manage a mask for 15 minutes in a shop?

Melodramatic maybe, but this thing kills people, it's not that hard to wear one for a short time.

A brief google for mask v visor should convince, here's one with a video...

https://www.livescience.com/face-shield-visualization-covid-19-spread.html?jwsource=cl

I wear a mask. Suffered from covid terribly around Feb / march last year. The reason I ask is I've seen an uptick in face Shields and especially among older people. I wonder if some people think they offer more protection.

12 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

I wonder if some people think they offer more protection.

I wonder that too mate, but as that video shows, they'd be wrong.

To be honest though I think it's a mixture of don't know and don't want to know "I don't like masks so I don't want to actually find out for sure, this visor is more comfortable and will do'. Cynical? Maybe, I don't know for sure of course. 

End of the day, I don't want more people to have to go through what you did (or worse and die) because somebody else can't be asked to find out, or care enough about others to do it properly. :S

Hopefully in 3 or 4 months it won't matter as they roll out these vaccines.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

To be fair there is pretty good compliance round my way - anyone not wearing one in the supermarket really sticks out like a sore thumb now. The worst offenders are teenagers in corner shops, who clearly don't believe that 'rules' apply to them. 

Saw yesterday that the 'UK variant' is now present in 29 countries (some sources saying 17). Never let it be said that post-Brexit Britain can't export. 

• Like 1

I work full-time in a supermarket. Face shields and improperly worn masks don't concern me, since they offer some protection and most people keep their distance. The place is well-ventilated and the ceiling must be about 6 metres high. What pisses me off, however, is clatty bast people who lick their fingers before touching anything and everything :puke:

A scarily high number of folk with NHS lanyards do this. Great way to directly spread the virus.

Here In Republic Of Ireland Covid Numbers Jumped From 800  Daily To 3000+ .                                                                                                                                                                                                            Scary Stuff Stay Safe Everyone

• Sad 1

Time for another 3 week (at least) lockdown. (Any fucking excuse to get me out of jury duty :lol:

• Haha 2

1962850828_HandsFaceSpace.jpg.52712b67eafd2e2006032a24d4dd3757.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1