The local testing station was not open today, just in time for the latest lockdown in Scotland.

Boris Johnson will announce at 8pm all the things Nicola Sturgeon announced earlier today, and all the things Keir Starmer told him to announce days ago, and all the things the scientific community told him to announce weeks ago. Bloody marvellous, isn’t he?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Boris Johnson will announce at 8pm all the things Nicola Sturgeon announced earlier today, and all the things Keir Starmer told him to announce days ago, and all the things the scientific community told him to announce weeks ago. Bloody marvellous, isn’t he?

and all the things Robert Peston tweeted about 10 minutes after the announcement of the announcement.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

At least he's not so pathetic he has to rush to his podium to announce it first.

Although granted he is still pathetic...not just as pathetic.

1 hour ago, time said:

and all the things Robert Peston tweeted about 10 minutes after the announcement of the announcement.

Peston and Kuenssberg don't know the meaning of the word 'spoilers', do they? Tsk...

Who’s playing Big Job Bingo?

D37E54CA-7C17-4194-A4CF-E1C9553159C2.jpeg.f72cdbef3b4d987d8df6f06f447d3501.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Who’s playing Big Job Bingo?

D37E54CA-7C17-4194-A4CF-E1C9553159C2.jpeg.f72cdbef3b4d987d8df6f06f447d3501.jpeg

I can't bring myself to listen, but will await your results with interest :lol:

The students of 2020 to 2022 are kinda fucked when it comes to exams and mental health. If I was a parent I would tell my child to just do well for GCSEs and then take a year or two off so they can work out what the government are doing. Then go to college to do A Levels and proceed from there.

• Like 2

Some people will be devastated by this news . If there's anyone on this forum that feels they have no one to talk to ,myself and others Will be here to talk to you. 

• Like 1

“Second wave” is more like call every flu case COVID.

F755F3FC-B6C5-46FE-9DFC-FAF44FD9D6D2.png

• Facepalm 2

Garden Centres? Really?? :facepalm:

All this, and yet these are just some of the arrivals into LHR this morning:

2574EF04-AAD5-4D07-8FB8-1AEE07B4618F.thumb.jpeg.95923a1e324bd9294ff804755468d3a8.jpeg

Fucking madness.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, En Passant said:

Garden Centres? Really?? :facepalm:

It's not all flowers and pot plants, although I agree some garden centres sell a lot of stuff that have nothing to do with gardening.  But that's the same with supermarkets, hardware shops etc - they all carry non-essentials too.

We were really pissed off about garden centres having to close back in the spring.  It was just the time when you start planting stuff, and we struggled to get seeds, compost and all sorts of other bits and bobs that are necessary.   Gardening should have been encouraged as it's healthy exercise, it gave people an interest and something to do during the big lockdown, and importantly, grow your own vegetables and fruit.

• Like 1

Don't see it toasty.

Sure Garden Centres are useful, but I can't see any argument for essential.

Gardening sure, going to the garden centre? Nope.

Same goes for planes since TQR brings it up at least those carrying people rather than food.

Supermarkets have to be open, people have to eat, that they carry other lines is incidental. I don't care if they close those aisles off to be honest, though once you are there....

I can't get the idea out of my head that if nobody saw anybody else for the length of the virus infection period, what is it? 14 days they decided now? 10? Whatever. Boom, no virus.

I know it's impractical. But we should be able to get closer than we have. People arguing to keep the one or two things they like open just gets in the way.

• Like 1

The risk was fairly low as at garden centres most of the premises are in the open air. 

I'd have had no objection to them closing off the non-essential parts inside, like the gift departments and other tat.

They are still allowing overseas holiday adverts on TV, until that stops there is no pandemic.

43 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

All this, and yet these are just some of the arrivals into LHR this morning:

2574EF04-AAD5-4D07-8FB8-1AEE07B4618F.thumb.jpeg.95923a1e324bd9294ff804755468d3a8.jpeg

Fucking madness.

I agree although a couple of points are worthy of note.

1) That's only one flight from Johannesburg and one flight from New York - I presume you realise that but just in case.

2) A lot of freight comes into the country on passenger aircraft and there are still workers travelling round the world carrying out essential work on production plant machinery, Health equipment etc that are part of the essential infrastructure of the world.

So yes it's crazy but what is actually crazy is not that the flights are landing but what happens to the passengers once they land. Basically freedom of movement.

My understanding is that in South Korea if you land you go to effectively a prison cell for 24 hours where you are tested and get your results and are then released.

We had some Vietnamese employees returning to their homeland from Brazil this week - they had to be tested before they flew, fly Brazil to Paris where they were all put into Hazmat suits which they had to wear for the whole flight to Vietnam (11 hours) as did all the other passengers. Tested again upon landing.

• Shocked 1

2040521763_EddyGrantLockdown2.thumb.jpg.e2d70fcde35b06d864428bb1a27a7c89.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, torbrexbones said:

They are still allowing overseas holiday adverts on TV, until that stops there is no pandemic.

I’m still getting daily emails from P&O encouraging me to book a summer cruise, when it is almost inevitable that the one I already have booked for May (booked in October 2019) will be cancelled. 

I can't say for sure that I have had it but at present I'm trying to figure out if I have long Covid, or if I'm just a lazy bastard.

I did have an incident of shortness of breath that lasted 3 or 4 days a couple of weeks before Christmas but I had no temperature and there was no coughing or any of that shit so I didn't really qualify for a test.

I'm thinking I probably did have it but it didn't affect me the same way it affects the common folk.

• Like 1

I've been filling in the Covid Zoe symptom tracker app daily.  I did feel a bit off colour last week, nothing major and no typical symptoms, but ticked off the symptoms as required and to my surprise they asked me to take a test.  Which I did and it was negative which I expected.  They must be generating a hell of a lot of tests and some of them are bound to come up positive, even if it's just general malaise or fatigue being reported.

36 minutes ago, Windsor said:

I can't say for sure that I have had it but at present I'm trying to figure out if I have long Covid, or if I'm just a lazy bastard.

I did have an incident of shortness of breath that lasted 3 or 4 days a couple of weeks before Christmas but I had no temperature and there was no coughing or any of that shit so I didn't really qualify for a test.

I'm thinking I probably did have it but it didn't affect me the same way it affects the common folk.

I had it and long covid aswell. Strangely enough it cleared up in the winter.Only in the last 2 months did I start to feel myself again.

Painful joints, muscle aches and fatigue were the absolute worst of long covid. I thought I had arthritis at one point. I'd advise you to get some vitimin D3 and magnesium plus a multivitamin with iron. I think it depletes your energy and vitimin reserves (whatever the medical term for that is) as your body is constantly fighting it .The joint and muscle pain were down to low magnesium completely cleared up now. 

• Like 2

Regarding vaccinations. I saw a work email before leaving that from today, those who have had first injection of pfizer vaccine will not have follow up vaccine like 3 weeks later. Instead it will be like three months or something. However those who already have their follow up jab booked (like me), will still have their follow up injection.

So i'm all good to have second injection on Friday.

• Like 2

I felt like shit about the beginning of March and keep thinking to myself "Did I have Covid or not"  my boss came up from England at the time and passed it ( a cold? ) on to everyone in our drinking group. This was a week or two before the first lockdown. 

I wonder if I had it and and I'm immune.

Ah well, I'll wait for my letter asking me to go for my jag (jab) and go when they want me.  

1 minute ago, Paul Bearer said:

I wonder if I had it and and I'm immune.

Dr John Campbell's video today reports a survey of over 11,000 health workers who tested positive back in March/April and none of them had been reinfected by the second wave on October/November.  Not one.  So it does look as though immunity lasts for at least six months.

• Like 1