I currently have a head cold and all the crap that goes with it. I am also due a vitamin B12 injection next week so I am having some of the ailments that go with a shortage of that, I always get them just before the injection is due.

Put the two together and some folk may think that they need a test for covid but it has never even occurred to me to ask for one.

The cold will run it's course and I will feel better a day after I get my B12 injection.

1 hour ago, torbrexbones said:

Vaccine injections 24 hours a day - I'll back that.

Yes, and quite why this hasn’t been done from the get-go is completely beyond me. This is a race against time, why the bloody hell weren’t 24/7 vaccinations immediately planned for?

13 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Yes, and quite why this hasn’t been done from the get-go is completely beyond me. This is a race against time, why the bloody hell weren’t 24/7 vaccinations immediately planned for?

Not enough people to give them, at a guess.

For myself, I'd turn up any time they told me to.  I suppose it would be difficult for a lot of people, transport etc.

At least we are best in show again in Europe. Beaten those upstart Italians back into second place on the deaths front. 

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Not enough people to give them, at a guess.

The staff at my health centre are sitting twiddling their thumbs as no patients are getting allowed in the door so don't tell me there are no staff to do the job.

12 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

I currently have a head cold and all the crap that goes with it. I am also due a vitamin B12 injection next week so I am having some of the ailments that go with a shortage of that, I always get them just before the injection is due.

Put the two together and some folk may think that they need a test for covid but it has never even occurred to me to ask for one.

The cold will run it's course and I will feel better a day after I get my B12 injection.

What ailments?  I'm only asking as they ask me if I have any.  I don't know what they want me to say as I don't know what to look for. 

2 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

The staff at my health centre are sitting twiddling their thumbs as no patients are getting allowed in the door so don't tell me there are no staff to do the job.

What's happening then, is it all telephone appointments? 

My neighbour wanted some strong painkillers, the pharmacist wouldn't let him have any until he (the neighbour) had spoken to a doctor.  He had to book a telephone consultation and he was told the earliest date was nearly a month away. Allegedly.

3 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

There isn't enough vaccines in supply chain to do that, given quality testing etc you dumb fuck.

28 minutes ago, TwoGuesses said:

There isn't enough vaccines in supply chain to do that, given quality testing etc you dumb fuck.

How many are in the supply chain then, you desperate little globule of semen?

EDIT: Oh, has he gone again already? :unsure:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

How many are in the supply chain then, you desperate little globule of semen?

I'm not a desperate little globule of semen, but this is a pretty good round-up.  It explains the discrepancy between the figures being quoted in various places.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55488724

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apparently, there are GP surgeries who are refusing to do any vaccinations.

Make of that what you will.

6 minutes ago, Toast said:

I'm not a desperate little globule of semen, but this is a pretty good round-up.  It explains the discrepancy between the figures being quoted in various places.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55488724

Oh of course; this was very person-specific :lol:

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Apparently, there are GP surgeries who are refusing to do any vaccinations.

Make of that what you will.

Don't get me started.

11 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

What ailments?  I'm only asking as they ask me if I have any.  I don't know what they want me to say as I don't know what to look for. 

General tiredness, headaches, shortness of breath, dizziness, eyesight affected, balance problems and appetite loss.

11 hours ago, Toast said:

What's happening then, is it all telephone appointments? 

My neighbour wanted some strong painkillers, the pharmacist wouldn't let him have any until he (the neighbour) had spoken to a doctor.  He had to book a telephone consultation and he was told the earliest date was nearly a month away. Allegedly.

With my lot, you have to fill in an online form then sit at home waiting for a phone call from whoever the person reading the form decides who you should speak to and then you have to convince them that you need to see a doctor or get the prescription you need.

It could be a doctor that calls you but that doesn't mean that you will get a consultation, it just means that you need to convince the doctor to make an appointment with a doctor.

By the way, don't ever phone the surgery directly to make an appointment, they get really snarky with you.

10 hours ago, Toast said:

Don't get me started.

Oh, go on!

It will give me the 'orn!:lol:

Our surgery retweeted a comment from some doctor about mental health recommending people to "speak to their GP" which I thought was a bit rich given that that's almost impossible.  So I replied to them giving the example of my neighbour as mentioned above.  They replied that he should "ask for an earlier appointment". 

Words fail me, really.

• Shocked 2

I don't know whats typical of GPs surgeries nationally, but I've seen mine twice recently; its a bit of a palaver but its doable. There aren't as many appointments available as there would normally be, presumably to alleviate crowds in the waiting rooms. Flu vaccinations have been available for those that wanted (and qualified for) them. 4 stars, would recommend.

In some ways it has been easier since lockdown. I have been twice. You have a chat with the receptionist, she gets a Doctor to phone you back and they decide if they need to see you. Once in the surgery waiting times are short.

36 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

In some ways it has been easier since lockdown. I have been twice. You have a chat with the receptionist, she gets a Doctor to phone you back and they decide if they need to see you. Once in the surgery waiting times are short.

That was the thing - he was going to have to wait a month for that.

Our practice is shit though.  Around the time that the covid thing started, a friend developed serious gastric problems.  They gave her some antibiotics which didn't do anything and then she was basically ignored, very ill in bed for three weeks with doctors failing to ring back.  Eventually her husband drove her to the surgery and insisted they do something for her.  She was admitted to hospital and needed major surgery.  Our doctors are fucking useless. 

• Sad 1

Another 1,325 UK dead today. 100,000 by the end of January seems inevitable. Sadiq Khan has declared an emergency in London.

It has to be Britain, every time, doesn't it? Or are our neighbours going to catch up do you think? Could it be that we're where Italy was in March? 

Dr Tait-Burkard, who is an expert in infection and immunity, says that people should now consider replacing face coverings like bandanas with masks with a double or triple layer of protection.

She adds that if travel into the UK had been monitored or restricted earlier, the country would have a much better handle on the virus.

I have been talking about restricting international travel since last April but nobody listened to me then but now all of a sudden an expert says the same thing and she gets a spot on the BBC.

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Could it be that we're where Italy was in March? 

Isn't it almost worse? Hospitals are filled, lots of deaths and new cases. Feel like we're getting so used to Covid-19 deaths that it's doesn't rile us up like it did back in March.