My GP surgery is estimating the start of vaccine jags to be end of January with 80+ year olds being first in line, that is if they get the supply of the vaccine they have been told they are getting.

I should get mine in the fourth wave so sometime about the middle of NEXT year.

On 11/01/2021 at 21:17, theoldlady said:

Have you had any side effects? Here in Norway almost no one has gotten it yet. Hope you are ok! 

I am fine with just an arm ache that goes within two days and maybe a dry mouth. My colleague on the other hand got high temperature and what appeared to be mild symptoms of Covid and had to take a few days off work. Bare in mind she also was ill with Covid back in April so we knew it wasn't that.

Every other person I know who got the vaccine didn't have any other side effects except maybe being tired or run down (the latter being a porter who is overweight and miserable so and so anyway).

I do work with a staff member who can't get the vaccine until May because she has a young child under two. Those circumstances i'm not totally sure on so if you are a woman with young child then discuss that with your GP etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

This DL website has a grand total of one person who has been to both the U.S. and U.K. during the pandemic: Sir Creep.  Twice in fact.  So anyone expressing an opinion comparing the two countries handling of COVID not named Sir Creep speaks from a position of ignorance.  

Would you like an MBE for that bravery? My brother went to Italy last summer when flights were cheap and had a nice time around Venice while wearing a mask. Your point being?

If you would like a travel comparison then John Barrowman has recently travelled to UK from USA for work related reasons and is in self isolation. So if you would like some comparisons about how UK and USA are handling things then head over to his Twitter/Instagram where he posts daily and is moaning about jetlag and self isolation in Wales.

10 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

I am fine with just an arm ache that goes within two days and maybe a dry mouth. My colleague on the other hand got high temperature and what appeared to be mild symptoms of Covid and had to take a few days off work. Bare in mind she also was ill with Covid back in April so we knew it wasn't that.

Every other person I know who got the vaccine didn't have any other side effects except maybe being tired or run down (the latter being a porter who is overweight and miserable so and so anyway).

I do work with a staff member who can't get the vaccine until May because she has a young child under two. Those circumstances i'm not totally sure on so if you are a woman with young child then discuss that with your GP etc.

Thank you for this information! There has been no mention here about not getting the shot if one has a child under two! The authorities went a while saying they were NOT going to give it to health workers first - maybe  that is the reason - as many of course have young children. Very strange. One cannot trust the authorities anywhere I guess. Hope your friends get better soon. Take care!

• Like 1

How long does it take to get the vaccine and get out to make way for the next one?

I got my B12 injection on Monday and the turnaround between patients was 10 minutes, that is from me getting called in to me leaving the waiting room just as the next person was being called in, it was the same for the patient in front of me.

Working on this time scale, I would suggest that that one nurse/phlebotomist could do about 5 patients an hour and with a 15 minute break every 2 hours I am suggesting that they could possibly do 35 injections a day.

2 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

How long does it take to get the vaccine and get out to make way for the next one?

I got my B12 injection on Monday and the turnaround between patients was 10 minutes, that is from me getting called in to me leaving the waiting room just as the next person was being called in, it was the same for the patient in front of me.

Working on this time scale, I would suggest that that one nurse/phlebotomist could do about 5 patients an hour and with a 15 minute break every 2 hours I am suggesting that they could possibly do 35 injections a day.

I think it depends where you are getting the vaccine, how many vaccines they have/staff they have and how many people they can fit in a room socially distanced. On social media the hospital trust I work for has just posted on Twitter they have administered 10,000 vaccines now since early December.

138 new cases and first recorded death since April in China today! 

19 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Yeah, and i've got a 48ft cock.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:
32 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Yeah, and i've got a 48ft cock.

And so have I.

• Haha 1

And there's our two million, folks.

Took until late September to register the first, then another three and a half months.

I wonder if we're going to see a third? 

Ice cream tests positive for Covid-19 in China.

Hundreds and thousands told to self-isolate ha ha ha ha ha coat retrieved.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

It is the wrong age group that is dying, if it were the 20-40 group, this thing would have been over by now.

For my own preference, I would rather it were the under 20 group that was doing all the dying, hopefully the next time they make up one of these virus things, it will target the correct group but I will probably be gone by then so I will miss all the fun.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

It is the wrong age group that is dying, if it were the 20-40 group, this thing would have been over by now.

For my own preference, I would rather it were the under 20 group that was doing all the dying, hopefully the next time they make up one of these virus things, it will target the correct group but I will probably be gone by then so I will miss all the fun.

:old:

1 hour ago, torbrexbones said:

Merciful fucking god. You make me petrified of getting old.

Just heard a vicious rumour doing the rounds; Covid vaccine supplies will run out by the end of next week.

Pfizer Chiefs are predicting a riot...

• Haha 7
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Just heard a vicious rumour doing the rounds; Covid vaccine supplies will run out by the end of next week.

Pfizer Chiefs are predicting a riot...

That’s the funniest and best joke I have heard in a while 

• Like 1

Somebody post that on the Digital Spy forum.  :lol: See if any of them get it.

• Like 1

Well my mate has just rang me to tell me that he has caught covid from his fucking cat!

Don't ask meow!

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Merciful fucking god. You make me petrified of getting old.

Nothing to do with being old, I have hated children in general since I was one.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

World-beating! Johnson and his cabinet must be so proud.

253D1BE7-A1FD-41FD-93F0-942B39818601.thumb.jpeg.0930180713c4997e478eb9cf283332a1.jpeg

50 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

World-beating! Johnson and his cabinet must be so proud.

253D1BE7-A1FD-41FD-93F0-942B39818601.thumb.jpeg.0930180713c4997e478eb9cf283332a1.jpeg

They are proud of the only thing they didn`t screw up as they had nothing to do with the vaccine or delivering jabs if they had we probably would have a vaccine death count next to the Covid death count!

Had my jab yesterday.Aching arm and minor headache first thing this morning but feel feel fine otherwise.

• Like 4

Got a letter today from the first fish telling me that the letter offering me the vaccine will be with me soon.

What a really good thing to do and money well spent. :rolleyes:

Update. Have nasty groggy feeling and aches all over my body apparently quite common. Not agony but unpleasant.Feels like the beginning of flu.Headache came back yesterday evening at work and spread throughout the body.

• Sad 1