Still no occupational prioritisation for the vaccine; the rest of the rollout will just continue to cascade down age groups.

Teachers are back in schools in just over a month and only those 55 and over are likely to have been offered the vaccine by that point.

i got my vaccine first dose yesterday evening and the lass checking me in said there had been close to 150 from my street alone in there over the course of the day, young and old so it seems to have a ring of 'postcode' about the selection process.

Another point is that half the staff were doing nothing, I am not sure if it was because folk had not turned up but it did seem strange considering just last week they could not cope with the numbers waiting in line.

41 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

i got my vaccine first dose yesterday evening and the lass checking me in said there had been close to 150 from my street alone in there over the course of the day, young and old so it seems to have a ring of 'postcode' about the selection process.

Another point is that half the staff were doing nothing, I am not sure if it was because folk had not turned up but it did seem strange considering just last week they could not cope with the numbers waiting in line.

Was that a GP-run clinic or a mass vaccination clinic ?

I went to one of the latter, and it did seem to me that the helpers greatly outnumbered the patients.  I know that our GP clinic (which I didn't go to) had more volunteers than they knew what to do with.

3 hours ago, Toast said:

Was that a GP-run clinic or a mass vaccination clinic ?

It was a mass clinic, I would rather have gone to the GP run clinic but I was restricted by my postcode.

At the GP clinic you go in one door and exit from another, at the Hall, there is line markings on the floor and keep left signs everywhere BUT there is a flight of stairs to go up and down and it is less than 2m wide and sod's law states that is where you are going to meet people, I know I did.

31 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

It was a mass clinic, I would rather have gone to the GP run clinic but I was restricted by my postcode.

At the GP clinic you go in one door and exit from another, at the Hall, there is line markings on the floor and keep left signs everywhere BUT there is a flight of stairs to go up and down and it is less than 2m wide and sod's law states that is where you are going to meet people, I know I did.

My GP clinic (i.e. the one of which the practice I am registered with is a part) is a PCN of nine practices.  It doesn't work on postcodes.

If you're registered with any of those 9 practices, you will (eventually) get an invitation to make an appointment.  Regardless of your postcode.

Since they finished the first 4 groups, they have not been getting much vaccine though.  It's going to take them weeks to get through Group 6 at this rate, so going to a mass vaccination clinic was a no-brainer for me.   Both are at large well-known sporting venues ;) so plenty of space, and neither is particularly close to where I live, so none of that made any difference to my decision.

3 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

I'm still waiting for mine. 

Get Nicola on the Bat phone and tell her to hurry the fuck up.

Just now, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

...and resign.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

...and resign.

Yes.

It's been fascinating watching the Salmond v Wee Jimmy war.

I have no time for Alex but, christ, he has much to say and they are doing everything possible to stop him from doing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Not really all that bothered.  I'll just sit and wait for my letter.  

As for Nicola V Alex, I'm not too bothered about them. They've shit in their own political nests, they can sleep in them.  

People like me don't really care or give a shit about them not being too interested in politics.  The only times I put anything political on Facebook is to wind someone up. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

...and resign.

Or she could take a leaf out of the Westminster Government's playbook and be filmed hacking Alex Salmond's head off on the steps of Holyrood and still not think it is a resigning matter.

The next demographic being offered the vaccine are ‘cunts’.

3947DD63-FA73-4756-9542-831C18C415CD.thumb.jpeg.830916cca12854526748914ae1a143d3.jpeg

• Like 2

The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is very much rising to the occasion.

1F5C578C-5268-4B3A-8D1E-4E85B2D97FA0.thumb.jpeg.51b6d789af6ef0bc8de570a340d6efac.jpeg

• Haha 2

I am serious. An international force should invade Brazil and depose their government. I think Bolsonaro is an arch-demon walking the earth.

They let the virus run wild and it's only a question of time until a mutation is created that makes all the vaccines useless.

• Like 3

In terms of chances of a third wave. Worth noting that as of yesterday - England has vaccinated around 43% of its population, Scotland and Wales just over 33%.

Whereas Italy is at 10%.

This is for the first jab which lowers hospital/death chances by 80% or what not - obviously second jab numbers are lower in all of the above. We may see further spikes but we're quite far ahead on vaccinating the public compared to near neighbours...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, msc said:

In terms of chances of a third wave. Worth noting that as of yesterday - England has vaccinated around 43% of its population, Scotland and Wales just over 33%.

Whereas Italy is at 10%.

This is for the first jab which lowers hospital/death chances by 80% or what not - obviously second jab numbers are lower in all of the above. We may see further spikes but we're quite far ahead on vaccinating the public compared to near neighbours...

43% of the population are aged 50 plus. Jesus. We are fucked. 

On 08/12/2020 at 09:32, The Quim Reaper said:

A 90-year-old woman in N. Ireland is the first in the UK to get Pfizer’s Covid vaccination this morning.

EDIT: the second has just happened and, no lie, was a Mr William Shakespeare from Warwickshire. Doesn’t look too bad for 456.

8AFF29A2-3AD4-4274-A271-0C863EE0B07C.thumb.jpeg.dea3b7b60c89c3a19345a79baaedbcca.jpeg

As mentioned in some pools, William Shakespeare has died:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-57234741

It’s a shame Shakespeare’s obit was posted here where no one will see it, when there were 4-5 other threads it fit just fine; but arghton’s M.O. is knowing fuckall about where to post things.  
SirC

• Thanks 1

Serious third wave in South America now it seems. Probably goes under the radar for most UK Covid-watchers due to the time difference, but Argentina and Colombia, the two most populous countries after Brazil, are both reporting about 500 deaths a day at present and the latter recently saw a total of 692. 

I imagine Venezuela's declared total of just over 2,500 should be taken with a big pinch of salt. 

On 26/05/2021 at 18:24, msc said:

Died of a stroke. That's really going to help Engineers nerves, that is. :D

I'm not nervous at all. You know I always think we should look at everything from all points of view and opinions. Not to say I necessarily agree with all of it. Fact is though it is an experimental, emergency approved and indemnified vaccine that's killing and maiming people. All of that is facts, no misinformation needed. 

Blood clots do cause strokes :D The Salk institute is well respected and and recently done a study. I hope I'm wrong and everyone is ok I'd take being wrong everyday over alot of people being hurt or killed.

https://www.salk.edu/

https://web.archive.org/web/20210501153712/https://www.salk.edu/news-release/the-novel-coronavirus-spike-protein-plays-additional-key-role-in-illness/

From pfizer's own website. 

Screenshot_20210527-223954~3.jpg

E2Zdp5cXwAAwxrO.jpeg

Bugger, the tweet has gone.

It was about someone who received their vaccine from a delightful nurse called Doreen Hutt, who earned the nickname from her colleagues “Hutt the Jabber”.

• Haha 2