Jump to content
Kenny McCormick

COVID 19 - Second Wave

Recommended Posts

A 90-year-old woman in N. Ireland is the first in the UK to get Pfizer’s Covid vaccination this morning.

 

EDIT: the second has just happened and, no lie, was a Mr William Shakespeare from Warwickshire. Doesn’t look too bad for 456.

 

8AFF29A2-3AD4-4274-A271-0C863EE0B07C.thumb.jpeg.dea3b7b60c89c3a19345a79baaedbcca.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

 

 

8AFF29A2-3AD4-4274-A271-0C863EE0B07C.thumb.jpeg.dea3b7b60c89c3a19345a79baaedbcca.jpeg

 

In other news auditions have started in Warwickshire for the next Gandhi movie.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snapped: Bill Gates now tracking 90-year-old Margaret doing her weekly shop at Aldi.

 

A74911AE-F94C-4D3C-A5CB-96FE9F34815D.thumb.jpeg.db71e575cbc930d6a53f1f70de5c8780.jpeg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/12/2020 at 08:32, The Quim Reaper said:

A 90-year-old woman in N. Ireland is the first in the UK to get Pfizer’s Covid vaccination this morning.

 

EDIT: the second has just happened and, no lie, was a Mr William Shakespeare from Warwickshire. Doesn’t look too bad for 456.

8AFF29A2-3AD4-4274-A271-0C863EE0B07C.thumb.jpeg.dea3b7b60c89c3a19345a79baaedbcca.jpeg

 

The queen has said that's not the original William Shakespeare, as she knew him personally.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, drol said:

 

The queen has said that's not the original William Shakespeare, as she knew him personally.

SpotSound Real-Looking Scary Dwarf Or Gnome Mascot US With A Pointy Red  Hat: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Two people developed allergic reactions to the Pfizer vaccine:

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-12-09/covid-vaccine-two-people-who-had-pfizer-vaccine-on-tuesday-had-allergic-reactions

 

Still, out of several tens of thousands participants, it's quite acceptable, I'd say.

 

 

Well .... they were people with known history of allergies, and I don't think the trials included such people.

 

I had an allergic reaction to penicillin as a small child, and have consequently never taken it since.  I don't remember much about it, so couldn't say how serious it was.  I do tend to get worse than average reactions to insect bites and stings, but nothing life-threatening, so I doubt I have much to worry about with the vaccine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Toast said:

 

Well .... they were people with known history of allergies, and I don't think the trials included such people.

 

I had an allergic reaction to penicillin as a small child, and have consequently never taken it since.  I don't remember much about it, so couldn't say how serious it was.  I do tend to get worse than average reactions to insect bites and stings, but nothing life-threatening, so I doubt I have much to worry about with the vaccine.

when I was young I eat some seeds which I thought were cumin but they were not it was close call

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, runebomme said:

when I was young I eat some seeds which I thought were cumin but they were not it was close call

 

 


I’ve been wondering for a while, are you permanently pissed or just weird?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:


I’ve been wondering for a while, are you permanently pissed or just weird?

 

bit of both 

 

I am not a self hating homosexual though

 

why is it ok for you to insult others and pretend that you are a good guy

 

and for the record I have nothing aggaintst gays only some failed humor which some of you think is the end of the world 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, runebomme said:

 

bit of both 

 

I am not a self hating homosexual though

 

why is it ok for you to insult others and pretend that you are a good guy

 

and for the record I have nothing aggaintst gays only some failed humor which some of you think is the end of the world 


I have to wonder why you bring sexuality into this...? :blink:
 

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment, as plenty of mine are.

 

No pretence here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/12/2020 at 07:32, The Quim Reaper said:

A 90-year-old woman in N. Ireland is the first in the UK to get Pfizer’s Covid vaccination this morning.

 

 

 

 

IMG-20201209-WA0002.jpg

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Italy is going to pass us for total deaths in next couple of days pushing us down to 6th in the list.

 

In terms of deaths per head of the population though Belgium is absolutely smashing it - 1.5 people in every thousand who were alive in Belgium at start of March are now dead because of Covid.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Italy is going to pass us for total deaths in next couple of days pushing us down to 6th in the list.

 

In terms of deaths per head of the population though Belgium is absolutely smashing it - 1.5 people in every thousand who were alive in Belgium at start of March are now dead because of Covid.  

Fucksake they are definitely going to cancel my holiday in May aren’t they :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Fucksake they are definitely going to cancel my holiday in May aren’t they :(


where you going? Bruges is brill and the beer is lethal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Fucksake they are definitely going to cancel my holiday in May aren’t they :(

Not necessarily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grim Up North said:


where you going? Bruges is brill and the beer is lethal.

Three week cruise to Spain, France, Italy, Malta, Gibraltar and Portugal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lard Bazaar said:

Three week cruise to Spain, France, Italy, Malta, Gibraltar and Portugal. 


reckon by May you will be okay - fingers crossed for you (but not literally because doing that for 6 months would be mental)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:


reckon by May you will be okay - fingers crossed for you (but not literally because doing that for 6 months would be mental)

Hmmm Ive just had a cancellation of a comedy show in a tiny theatre in Basingstoke cancelled for May, I just can’t see they’ll allow 4000 on a boat going through all those different places.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

COVID has barely affected my social life. I've always viewed holidays as being both a waste of money and a waste of time.

 

A day off on the other hand is pure bliss...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/12/2020 at 19:42, Toast said:

 

Well .... they were people with known history of allergies, and I don't think the trials included such people.

 

I had an allergic reaction to penicillin as a small child, and have consequently never taken it since.  I don't remember much about it, so couldn't say how serious it was.  I do tend to get worse than average reactions to insect bites and stings, but nothing life-threatening, so I doubt I have much to worry about with the vaccine.

 

I also have the penicillin allergy thing from childhood, however I read something that that was all a big mistake caused by nurses doing the injections wrong in the 1970s, and causing . The vast majority are not allergic to penicillin at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

 

I also have the penicillin allergy thing from childhood, however I read something that that was all a big mistake caused by nurses doing the injections wrong in the 1970s, and causing . The vast majority are not allergic to penicillin at all.

Interesting, I’m also allergic to penicillin and am a child of the 70s.  1970s for the avoidance of doubt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also supposed to be allergic to penicillin due to injection as a small child - born late 60s.

 

It’s like a new thread within a thread this penicillin thing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Italy is going to pass us for total deaths in next couple of days pushing us down to 6th in the list.

 

In terms of deaths per head of the population though Belgium is absolutely smashing it - 1.5 people in every thousand who were alive in Belgium at start of March are now dead because of Covid.  

That's extraordinary about Italy - they are losing the battle in a big way at the moment. The UK death toll was almost 3000 ahead of theirs at the end of November. 

 

Anyone else noticed that some news outlets appear not to trust the Worldometers figures? There's often a couple of days' lag between a milestone showing up on the table and being reported. Apparently the US is on the brink of 300,000 - just 300 or so short - but I bet I don't see anything about it on CNN today. Probably not until Saturday evening. On the other hand the BBC is using the Worldometers stats as soon as they appear on site - or the other way round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

 

I also have the penicillin allergy thing from childhood, however I read something that that was all a big mistake caused by nurses doing the injections wrong in the 1970s, and causing . The vast majority are not allergic to penicillin at all.

I too have an allergy to penicillin dating from the 60s, it was when a really bad reaction from a second injection almost killed me that the GP put it in big letters on my notes and it was drummed into me for years afterwards by mum to tell medics of any kind that I was allergic to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use