Sign in to follow this  
Bucket Kicker

Where to post?

I've worked up some data about the trends this year and want to post them in the right place, any suggestions?

Today is Friday Sept 11 2020,  this is day number 252 this (leap) year. The record deaths per year is 17, to beat this in 2020 the DL must reach 18. As of today, there are 12 successes. It has been 48 days since the last death on July 26 (this is the longest span between deaths this year). On July 26, DL had a success on average every 17.25 days. If a death occurs today, the average span will be 19.4 days. At this same rate, DL will reach 17.23 successes. 

In other words, we're facing a crisis here and every day we do not have a success we are less and less likely to reach our goal.

Below, orange represents the count, gray the trend, and yellow the record to beat. 

image.png.dabd389ed7f336fc1f754e4c4190a530.png 

• Thanks 1

Welcome.

We have a Statistics thread just for this sort of interesting thing.  Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Bucket Kicker said:

I've worked up some data about the trends this year and want to post them in the right place, any suggestions?

Today is Friday Sept 11 2020,  this is day number 252 this (leap) year. The record deaths per year is 17, to beat this in 2020 the DL must reach 18. As of today, there are 12 successes. It has been 48 days since the last death on July 26 (this is the longest span between deaths this year). On July 26, DL had a success on average every 17.25 days. If a death occurs today, the average span will be 19.4 days. At this same rate, DL will reach 17.23 successes. 

In other words, we're facing a crisis here and every day we do not have a success we are less and less likely to reach our goal.

Below, orange represents the count, gray the trend, and yellow the record to beat. 

Blimey, you’ve got too much time on your hands son, but I do admire your commitment.  I love a good stat.   Rotten Ali used to make my knees go weak with his facts and figures.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bucket Kicker said:

In other words, we're facing a crisis here and every day we do not have a success we are less and less likely to reach our goal

But keep in mind that there is no "we".  The Death List is compiled by the Committee, and us lowly forum members have no say in it.

1 hour ago, Bucket Kicker said:

I have to be honest and say that I am a bit thrown by that statement.

There is a REAL crisis in the world outside of here, everything has gone fucking ape shit.

The virus, the worst American President EVAH,  and people taking to the streets to vent their spleens, to name just a few, have made the world unstable and directionless.

This place isn't real, there are no medals or boasts, no taking things too seriously.

It's a bit of fun, there can never be a crisis here.

Oh, and welcome.:D

• Like 1

Is this thread worth existing now?

We could always create a new archive thread and call it 'Deathlist's Spam Folder' and merge all of these pointless newcomer threads with it, gives us something to laugh at from time to time...

Ask a Deathlister