Jackfrewood

enjoying deaths

I am very happy when a person dies, I think it is very normal but my family and friends look at me as if I am bad but I think it is very normal when I see a death news on newspaper TV deathlist and any social media, I think I am bad

There's a quote I know someone else will jump in with. "I've never killed a man, but I've read many obituaries with great pleasure". Attributed to Mark Twain and Clarence Darrow and some other folks.

The presumption would be that you'd reserve that pleasure for the deaths of bad people. If you're grinning from ear to ear when Jean next door dies then that's definitely a bit weird, and you're probably a no-righter. The latter applies to all of us on this forum in some way, though. Welcome!

• Like 2

Hello. That’s an intriguing first post.

But yeah. What Clorox said. If a random old Doris keels over and you’re laughing, that’s fucked up. But if, say, Jacob Rees-Mogg had a massive aneurysm tomorrow, maybe an ear-to-ear grin wouldn’t be quite so sick :P

Just to be clear though, this isn’t a place to celebrate deaths.

• Like 1

Just thought I would pass on my humble opinion but this is a crap thread 

• Thanks 1

I think that this thread should be deleted, it has the wrong sentiment. The thread celebrates lives of people who have made a contribution to society good or bad and creates awareness and discussion.

I feel like this is an excellent example of what the outside world think deathlisters are like; death-craving weirdos that take pleasure out of anyone that keels over.

Congrats. First post in and you already sound like a lunatic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jackfrewood said:

I am very happy when a person dies, I think it is very normal but my family and friends look at me as if I am bad but I think it is very normal when I see a death news on newspaper TV deathlist and any social media, I think I am bad

Old Deathsperm is back!

4 hours ago, Jackfrewood said:

3 hours ago, Steve said:

Just thought I would pass on my humble opinion but this is a crap thread 

Fuck sake. Two trolls on the one thread. 

Note to self.... Do do not feed the trolls, do not feed the trolls, do not ...........

29 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Old Deathsperm is back!

Isn’t that a Beautiful South song?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Isn’t that a Beautiful South song?

No, that's Old Red Eyes.

Close but no cigar.:D

I think this thread poses a good point on DL morality. Like what Clorox said, taking pleasure in someone dying for no reason is a good indication for getting some counselling. But also like what Quim said, the news of JRM (or any Tory) dying brings a form of happiness or relief to some people. I put the bar a bit higher personally and I only really take pleasure in the death of someone like a war criminal - for example I was glad when John McCain died in the same way I was glad when Bin Laden died. I personally wouldn't go as far to say that I'd feel the same pleasure if Boris Johnson or Kier Starmer died - considering I heavily dislike both Tory and Labour.

Also could I start a notion that we rename the thread to something a little more specific? Like 'Enjoyment Of Celebrity Deaths Immoral?' perhaps?

hm, i rarely do

There are cases when it's natural to be glad when someone dies, as it can be a release after suffering.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Just to be clear though, this isn’t a place to celebrate deaths.

Not even if that person is your joker?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

But also like what Quim said, the news of JRM (or any Tory) dying brings a form of happiness or relief to some people.

I was joking.

"I am very happy when a person dies"

What a way to start a post. I salute you.