Dying Probably

Mary Berry

Surprised that Mary didn't have her own thread. She's very well, but Mary is quite the famous baker and is 85 years old.

Unlikely to die soon if you ask me, but she deserves it.

• Like 2

Problem someone who might be thought of as UK only famous 10 years ago,thanks to the popularity of The Great British Bake Off on Netflix she is probably more known across the globe in her 80s.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Problem someone who might be thought of as UK only famous 10 years ago,thanks to the popularity of The Great British Bake Off on Netflix she is probably more known across the globe in her 80s.

I can’t get enough of The Great British Bake Off. Good show.

Is this thread really necessary? She is extremely healthy compared to most 85 year olds.

48 minutes ago, Dying Probably said:

Surprised that Mary didn't have her own thread. She's very well, but Mary is quite the famous baker and is 85 years old.

Unlikely to die soon if you ask me, but she deserves it.

Deserves a thread or deserves death? 

• Haha 13

1 hour ago, Handrejka said:

Deserves a thread or deserves death? 

Oh good god, just deserves a thread.

• Like 1

She's too healthy and active for a deathlist nomination yet. Could easily have another ten or fifteen years in the tank. It would be another matter if she developed the big C or something, of course.

• Like 1

She isn't famous enough to have her own thread. Maybe a generic bakers thread, along with Mr Kipling, Mickey Murphy the baker from Camberwick Green, and er Cheryl Baker?

4 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

She isn't famous enough to have her own thread. Maybe a generic bakers thread, along with Mr Kipling, Mickey Murphy the baker from Camberwick Green, and er Cheryl Baker?

Put them all in the Celebrity Chefs thread :D

• Like 1

Mr. Kipling doesn't consider himself a celebrity. He just has a talent that he shares with the world.

Who the fuck is Mary Berry (apologies you her kinfolk who read these pages)

• Facepalm 3

9 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

She's one of those old women who everyone thinks is really sweet, but is probably a cold hearted bitch in real life, a bit like Betty White.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Mary Berry (@actualmaryberry) | Twitter

This woman. I stand by the fact that her lemon drizzle recipe is amazing.

4 minutes ago, Dying Probably said:

Mary Berry (@actualmaryberry) | Twitter

This woman. I stand by the fact that her lemon drizzle recipe is amazing.

I was just about to say that I made her lemon drizzle traybake once, and it just wasn't lemony enough.  I had to tweak it.  I gave her recipes a swerve after that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought it must have been a David Attenborough documentary about tortoises and lizards in the Galápagos Islands when I turned on BBC2 just now, but it was Mary Berry doing cooking. Fuck me, I need to lower my meds dose. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10097451/Dame-Mary-Berry-86-waited-three-half-hours-ambulance-breaking-hip.html

Mary Berry reveals she broke her hip earlier this year after a fall in her garden. 

Has been left with a limp and now uses a cane. So has suffered a decline but is still back to being semi active which is more than many people get to after hip surgery at her age. 

6 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Has been left with a limp and now uses a cane. So has suffered a decline but is still back to being semi active which is more than many people get to after hip surgery at her age. 

Indeed but arguably still worth noting. 

She appeared on Strictly Come Dancing tonight in a video message for John Whaite and she looks fine for a woman of her age.

Has been filming a new series this year and she looks well in it. Even has a go at cricket in one segment. 

• Like 2

She's getting mixed reviews for her Highland Christmas show tonight.

Not that I'd watch the auld witch. It seems she would use leftover cheese fondue as a dip for her roast potatoes. Pickled walnuts in her Ne'er Day steak pie? Is this bitch so out of touch with the cost of living crisis?

Someone beat her about her privileged head with the kitchen utensils, just like she did with her own children when they were young.

And...relax.

You can pickle your own walnuts :evil2: for next to nothing if you have access to a walnut tree.  Ask around. 

I made a beef stew with pickled walnuts the other week.  Really tasty. You only need a few walnuts, the flavour is strong, especially if you put in a dash of their vinegar as well.

• Like 1