Spade_Cooley

Tom Parker

2 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

All I can think about is that his second child isn't even born yet and both kids won't have a father growing up other than a step dad depending what his wife does in the future.

I used to listen to The Wanted but they never had big popularity compared to One Direction, Take That, JLS and other boybands around same time. Very sad news overall about his cancer.

Indeed. I have no idea who this chap is, or who his partner/wife is but they are a young family. I wish them well and maybe with a bit of luck and experimental treatment might get at least 3 or so years together, if not more. 

Diagnosed the end of August as all normal on Insta until the 25th (including a mention of the holiday).

They were a pretty big deal a few years back, tho likewise I couldn’t name any of them or any of their songs. Still be a most worthy pick 

I hope that he will do a Wilko and the thing will stop growing. Or if we're talking singers, Russell Watson.

Looks like his wife, Kelsey, won't be afraid to do media appearances during all this. She turned up on Loose Women this morning with an insight into the current situation:

He has announced his latest MMI scan shows a significant reduction in the tumour.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

He has announced his latest MMI scan shows a significant reduction in the tumour.

And there was a great wailing and gnashing of teeth - how many others (cos I'm outing myself here) have a DDP joker riding on this pick?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Aye, but the treatment was gruelling, it's only 7 Jan and he could still deliver 23 DDP points (2 x 10 for a joker plus a likely 3 pts for a Drop 40 selection). Right?

8 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

And there was a great wailing and gnashing of teeth - how many others (cos I'm outing myself here) have a DDP joker riding on this pick?

Grrr... last year's joker was Tom Smith, this year's joker is Tom Parker... 

1 minute ago, Book said:

Grrr... last year's joker was Tom Smith, this year's joker is Tom Parker... 

You and me both, Book 

And likely a few others. 

7 Jan, and there's Covid... B)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

You and me both, Book 

And likely a few others. 

7 Jan, and there's Covid... B)

Not getting any joker points again would be really annoying! 

There's nearly a whole year to go yet.  My mother was dead within two weeks of a scan that showed her tumour shrunk to 20% of its size.  Just saying.

• Sad 2

42 minutes ago, Toast said:

There's nearly a whole year to go yet.  My mother was dead within two weeks of a scan that showed her tumour shrunk to 20% of its size.  Just saying.

Tessa Jowell and Matt Cappotelli (to pick 2 from recent history) both had improvements with Stage IV glioblastoma and yet both were dead within a year.

We should have enough bad experiences with those jokered "first year cancers" now, especially since Leah Bracknell, also see: Chris Doleman.

Life expectancy with glioblastoma in a young man might exceed those roughly "year and a half". Now, the difference here is that it's inoperable, which usually shortens life span by a lot. But I can say that for me, at least, jokering him was too risky.

Tessa Jowell, like Paul Westphal was 70 years old. Matt Cappotelli, IIRC, had a previous brain cancer fight.

I'm not saying it won't kill him, but it might take quite some time until it does. Certainly not in the next few months. We should check back in June or so.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

We should have enough bad experiences with those jokered "first year cancers" now, especially since Leah Bracknell, also see: Chris Doleman.

Life expectancy with glioblastoma in a young man might exceed those roughly "year and a half". Now, the difference here is that it's inoperable, which usually shortens life span by a lot. But I can say that for me, at least, jokering him was too risky.

Tessa Jowell, like Paul Westphal was 70 years old. Matt Cappotelli, IIRC, had a previous brain cancer fight.

I'm not saying it won't kill him, but it might take quite some time until it does. Certainly not in the next few months. We should check back in June or so.

Meanwhile 

On the Deathrace masterlist where an asterisk indicates a joker pick and we confidently expect the action to last a few months at the very most:

Tom Parker – an, bk, ds, ed*, es*, gb*, m4, mp, ol, qr, td, te, tu*, yb

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Yes you're right. I regret picking him in my DDP team already.

I fell for the media sensationalism around it, and I should know better.

He could easily see out the year. If he's lucky he could soldier on for another 5 years. He will die, but there's no guarantee of it happening immediately.

He’s one of those names that you basically have to have on your team, but making him a joker is a pretty big risk 

Could see 2022.  Will not see 2023.  Just like Doleman.  Could see one further calendar year than possibly anticipated.  Not two.