Spade_Cooley

Tom Parker

Wants to have four children. I'm thinking that's a bit optimistic, and he is certainly a lot less active on social media than he was at the start of the year. I still think he's a 2021 death.

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

One thing you should never take away from a cancer patient is hope. He probably won't survive it, but no need to private message him just to tell him that he's dying.

• Like 2

On 11/05/2021 at 15:44, Spade_Cooley said:

Wants to have four children. I'm thinking that's a bit optimistic, and he is certainly a lot less active on social media

Far be it from me, but it's not social media he needs to be active on.

Late I know, but thread got bumped.

6 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/tom-parker-open-up-terminal-24387772

Set to feature in a television documentary about his terminal cancer. 

Doesn't look like we get a mention in said documentary!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Doesn't look like we get a mention in said documentary!

What a rude oversight by him!!

• Haha 1

Just now, Gooseberry Crumble said:

What a rude oversight by him!!

Aye, seriously - we're more dedicated than whatever fan club he has left - just look at the tonnage of DDP jokers riding on his remaining days.

• Like 3

On 24/06/2021 at 22:36, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/tom-parker-open-up-terminal-24387772

Set to feature in a television documentary about his terminal cancer. 

And also a concert for cancer charities:

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/the-wanted-tom-parker-concert-112942818.html

• Like 3

Tom Parker says his tumor is stable and may have shrunk.

• Like 3

The Wanted will be reforming for the "Inside My Head" charity concert Parker is putting on.

If this cancer doesn't kill him then this tour might.

59 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Getting interviewed on BBC 1 now. Seems will be reforming for a charity concert on Monday. Looks quite chipper ATM. 

Aye, what a joker, eh?  :facepalm:

On 11/05/2021 at 15:44, Spade_Cooley said:

Wants to have four children. I'm thinking that's a bit optimistic, and he is certainly a lot less active on social media than he was at the start of the year. I still think he's a 2021 death.

He said that also before his diagnosis so it’s not a new feeling.

The other day he posted pics of his kids and said he had been sent him by his wife while having treatment so he is still having regular treatment. 

Susie Steiner tweeted her last tweet in January. If she can hang on for 9 months during the "end game", so can Tom, easily.  Chris Doleman lasted a full two years. Susie Steiner currently 2 years and five months.

I guess there are those cases where treatment doesn't work at all from the very beginning, like Paul Westphal, who only survived for about half a year., but Tom's seems to keep it at bay.  He was diagnosed in Octobre 2020 - if he's on the better timeline, he might even survive 2022.

Interview with his wife mentions he is out of treatment until November and looking ahead to March 2022 tour.

• Like 1

Tom Parker aims to be "cancer-free" by March...well, good luck:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/07/tom-parker-aims-to-be-cancer-free-by-march-from-terminal-brain-tumour-15379600/

He tried several private treatments and lost a lot of weight at one point - until he seemingly found one that worked. It still makes you wonder what timeline he is on. Could linger on for a few years.

• Like 2

Currently watching him on This Morning, seems quite lively esp considering the 12 month prognosis from last year 

Anybody wanting a closer look at Tom's prospects, he's doing a documentary charting his battle which will be shown on Channel 4 on Sunday night at 9pm as part of their 'Stand Up to Cancer' season. At least he is according to the advert I've just seen.

22 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

I’m sure folk are wondering about whether Amani Liquat (Also mentioned in the article) is DDP worthy. They only have about 500 subscribers on YouTube though, which might be a bit under the YouTube threshold…