Jump to content
Spade_Cooley

Celebrity COVID Deniers

Recommended Posts

Can we get a list going? Also, perhaps you could suggest which celebs you think might be next up to claim it's all the work of 5G masts and George Soros.


So far on the music front we have Ian Brown, Van Morrison,  and, most importantly, Right Said Fred (both of them). Britain's D-list is well represented with Denise Walsh, Richard Madeley and Matt Le Tissier. Cristiano Ronaldo's sister has reacted to the news he is positive by saying it's a "fraud". Plus if there's some nutjob conspiracy theories going around, you can be sure 90s stoners Woody Harrelson and John Cusack will be giving them the thumbs up.

 

Who else you got?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard that Herman Cain was a Covid denier. I should check up on him these days to make sure he’s okay...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah yes, add Noel Gallagher from Oasis to the bunch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's the lovely Lee Hurst, though whether he still counts as a celebrity is somewhat debatable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rancid Allison Pearson too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amanda Holden was going on about 5G but not sure if that is really Covid Denial.

 

Jane Moore from Loose Women was advocating herd immunity the other week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Amanda Holden was going on about 5G but not sure if that is really Covid Denial.

 

Jane Moore from Loose Women was advocating herd immunity the other week.

That is not denying it, she is merely espousing a theory on how to get through it.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amy Coney Barrett.

Pro-life until they're born.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goes without saying but Katie Hopkins is an obvious one we can add to the list.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our "99 red balloons" national treasure Nena "doesn't want to be hypnotized and be pulled down into the darkness":

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/gesellschaft/panorama/popsaengerin-verwirrt-mit-aussage-zu-corona-nena-loest-spekulationen-um-verschwoerungstheorien-aus/26277878.html

 

Her statement gets a LIKE from Germany's former no. 1 r'n'b/rapper Xavier Naidoo (six no.1 studio albums, 3 no.1 live albums). He's now a major conspiracy theorist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xavier_Naidoo

 

Also worth a mention is our "Berlin hipster vegan celebrity chef"-turned right-wing icon and chief denier Attila Hildmann:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attila_Hildmann

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Punching bag and occasional cuckold Amir Khan thinks that it's all "population control while they test 5G".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2020 at 15:39, Spade_Cooley said:

Can we get a list going? Also, perhaps you could suggest which celebs you think might be next up to claim it's all the work of 5G masts and George Soros.


So far on the music front we have Ian Brown, Van Morrison,  and, most importantly, Right Said Fred (both of them). Britain's D-list is well represented with Denise Walsh, Richard Madeley and Matt Le Tissier. Cristiano Ronaldo's sister has reacted to the news he is positive by saying it's a "fraud". Plus if there's some nutjob conspiracy theories going around, you can be sure 90s stoners Woody Harrelson and John Cusack will be giving them the thumbs up.

 

Who else you got?

Denise Welch and Richard Madeley are not COVID deniers they just believe that lockdowns will not work and are doomed to fail.Neither of them think it is a hoax.They just disagree that the virus can effectively be contained long term.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2020 at 17:20, The Old Crem said:

Amanda Holden was going on about 5G but not sure if that is really Covid Denial.

 

Jane Moore from Loose Women was advocating herd immunity the other week.

You do realise herd immunity is not a denial of a condition or its seriousness but the ultimate stage of containment via a vaccine or natural exposure and in most cases both

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, several of these aren’t deniers per se. Maybe the thread should be renamed “Celebrity Covidiots”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madeley I would say is very reasonable about the whole situation.His main point is lockdowns do not work in terms of solving the problem they merely kick the issue down the road whilst causing indirect yet very serious secondary consequences such as unemployment poverty social exclusion mental health isssues and undiagnosed cancers.

 

On a personal note my Dad had a serious heart attack in January and is still awaiting life-prolonging surgery due to all the restrictions.Not only making him more likely to die from cardiovascular disease but also if he gets Covid his untreated heart condition will increase his risk of mortality.He is 66 and is active and wants to be able to return to his normal level of physical activity and fitness but that is becoming a pipe dream.He wants to be able to walk long distances jog and run but can`t as he can`t get his dodgy ticker sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carol McGiffin James Dellingpole and Godfrey Bloom I have seen have said they are agnostic about conspiracy theories

 

Piers Corbyn David Icke outright believe it is a hoax 

 

Then you have Peter  Hitchens ,Lionel Shriver, Brendan O`Neill ,Kevin O`Sullivan ,Toby Young ,Mike Graham ,Lord Johnathan Sumption,Ann Widdecombe,Nigel Farage,Richard Tice,Mark Dolan ,Julia Hartley-Brewer ,Neil Oliver ,Sir Desmond Swayne ,Chris Green ,Sunetra Gupta  among others who are on record saying they think the current policy is dangerous and disproportionate to the overall threat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Issue is everyone who questions the mainstream narrative is a conspiracy theorist who wants to cull the elderly. Such a fallacy.I am vehemently anti-lockdown but accept  Covid is a very dangerous and devastating illness to a small segment of our population.I worked in a care home during the peak in March when no visitors were allowed. Many residents gave up refused life-saving medications food and drink as they were so upset at not being able to see their family.The majority had dementia and could not understand what was going on at all just that their family wherent they and they cried as though they had been abandoned.I see decorated war heroes nearing the end of their lives crying disorientated and shaking even as family were not permitted in.I looked after a lady over 100 who was completely independent and voluntarily took to her bed when she could no longer see her daughter as she did every day . She stayed in bed  2 months not eating drinking or dressing.She died without ever saying goodbye to her daughter.Cruel is the only word for it. Likewise in the home, I worked there was a lady in her 80s with a serious drink problem as soon as she got denied visits from family her drinking went Oliver Reed level insane and she passed out smacking her head on a radiator causing a stroke that was both very painful and ultimately fateful.We are causing so much harm in the name of COVID yet cases still rise. Was it really worth what society has done and continues to do?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Yeah, several of these aren’t deniers per se. Maybe the thread should be renamed “Celebrity Covidiots”.

Depends how you define a Covidiot.Yes clearly Piers Corbyn and David Icke are Covidiots but does that apply to those like Peter Hitchens Richard Madeley and Denise Welch who are deeply concerned of the prospect that the measures in place could do more damage than Covid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be honest I would rather get COVID than have this go on for years.I am a chain-smoking heavy drinking  asthmatic with a family history of heart disease and other health issues but would take my chances with this virus over continually living in a state George Orwell warned us about.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sean said:

I will be honest I would rather get COVID than have this go on for years.I am a chain-smoking heavy drinking  asthmatic with a family history of heart disease and other health issues but would take my chances with this virus over continually living in a state George Orwell warned us about.


It’s funny isn’t it, the only people to say “I’d rather get Covid than...” are the ones who haven’t had it.

 

And again, not a second’s thought to the people you might unwittingly spread it to.

  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I am living in a flat and 5 out of the 7 blocks have Covid.I have broken my knees and have had many asthma attacks as a child and have nearly died several times from anaphylaxis.I don't want to fear Covid if I get it and die I get it and die.That is it.We all die if Covid is my fate oh well.I have watched many people die.Few deaths are nice: life is a bitch and then you die.If I die from the Kung Flu it is unfortunate but shit happens.I have never been risk-averse and this is no different.If I am going to have an adverse reaction when I get this virus and ie it is probably genetic.I would rather live to the full while I can.Tomorrow is guaranteed to no one be sensible but live  without petulant fear!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sean said:

Well I am living in a flat and 5 out of the 7 blocks have Covid.I have broken my knees and have had many asthma attacks as a child and have nearly died several times from anaphylaxis.I don't want to fear Covid if I get it and die I get it and die.That is it.We all die if Covid is my fate oh well.I have watched many people die.Few deaths are nice: life is a bitch and then you die.If I die from the Kung Flu it is unfortunate but shit happens.I have never been risk-averse and this is no different.If I am going to have an adverse reaction when I get this virus and ie it is probably genetic.I would rather live to the full while I can.Tomorrow is guaranteed to no one be sensible but live  without petulant fear!


Yeah, nonchalance about your own mortality aside, what about the people you might pass the virus to?

 

We cannot be that selfish. We have to think of others.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:


It’s funny isn’t it, the only people to say “I’d rather get Covid than...” are the ones who haven’t had it.

 

And again, not a second’s thought to the people you might unwittingly spread it to.

Well, to be honest, I have had it but can perfectly understand Seans point of view.

Yes people are dying from it but countless millions more are recovering with no or few side effects.

No, that in itself, is not great but the flu would kill just as many if it was as virulent.

We are going around in fucking circles with how to manage this virus and getting nowhere.

One lock down and now another and the fucking thing is still out there spreading.

We either ALL lockdown for a month and test everybody who comes into the country or we accept that me may need to change tack and tackle it in a different way.

Sweden has gone in a completely different direction with it. They did royally fuck up with not protecting the care homes and the vulnerable, however, BUT maybe that is a line we need to be thinking more about. Protest the vulnerable and the elderly and let the rest get on with it.

I think we have to accept that, even with these local lockdowns, it will just put off the 3rd wave only temporarily.

I can't help feeling that, if they had not locked down the country earlier this year, it would have killed many more but it would also have burned the virus out.

We have to start thinking out of the box, what is happening now is not working, is it.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use