Joey Russ

Jeff Bridges

Decided to give Jeff Bridges a thread after his lymphoma diagnosis. As the dude would say, this diagnosis ain’t cool man. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

That’s sad news. His family seem to live a long time. His dad got to 85, his mum to 93 and his older brother Beau is turning 80 next year and seems well.

Jeff Bridges also works out and takes care of himself, contrary to the lifestyle of The Dude.

Says the prognosis is very positive and doesn’t seem too worried about it. Turning 71 in December. The flipside is he has to do chemo at that age it could prove to be problematic and he has to not contract COVID during hospital visits as that would complicate things further. Still, all speculation for now. I get the feeling he’ll be fine.

Chemo seems to work for most people (although the disease often comes back several years later).  But lymphoma killed my mum within six months of diagnosis.

8 hours ago, Toast said:

Chemo seems to work for most people (although the disease often comes back several years later).  But lymphoma killed my mum within six months of diagnosis.

I'm sorry for your loss, my friend.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Gee us a summary Wee Jum! Am no reading all that! :P

jblatest.png

• Like 3

jb.jpg

• Like 1

Looks a bit like Walter White, you know, the lung cancer look.

2 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

I wish him well, but I don't trust that disease.  My mum had a similar encouraging scan result but hers was very virulent, it popped up again straightaway and she was dead within a fortnight.

8 hours ago, ajlposh said:

I picked him on my shadow list this year, Cancer patient going through treatment gets covid and survives? Damn.

Definitely staying on my list for next year but I wouldn't be surprised if he got the best covid treatment money can buy. 

https://variety.com/2022/scene/news/jeff-bridges-cancer-covid-the-old-man-1235290551/

Some kind of an update here. Seems like he barely survived covid but is doing much better now and working again:

While undergoing chemotherapy, Bridges contracted COVID-19 and spent five months in the hospital fighting for his life. Bridges explained that at the time, he wasn’t worried about whether he would ever be able to work again as he had become almost resigned to death.

However, Bridges began to envision returning to “The Old Man” after achieving a series of health milestones. “I would have little goals all through my illness,” he said. “The first goal was seeing how long I could just stand up, and my record was 45 seconds for a long time. That was about as much as I could take, walking down the hallways of the hospital with your walker and your oxygen.”

NOT DEAD

No. he's out and about again after his lengthy brush with cancer (now in remission) and got a Lifetime Achievement Award last night. Interview from last night below:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, msc said:

NOT DEAD

No. he's out and about again after his lengthy brush with cancer (now in remission) and got a Lifetime Achievement Award last night. Interview from last night below:

Award? Soon to be on the slab then.

• Shocked 1